“I didn't get the point”

No Signboard Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #8,092 of 11,481 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Chuckle all you may, but this unusual name for a restaurant was concocted by the patrons of No Signboard Seafood themselves. Founded in 1981, it is now known island-wide for its creative and original recipes.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Restaurant chosen by a company leader as it could fit people in it and this is such a delicacy!

Well, I arrive late and the table I was on had still not been asked for drinks. The service was shocking!

We did take some time to order our food - our fault - and when it arrived, some of it was pretty good, but I have to say, I don't get the fuss over the chili crab. It was OK, but nothing special. The rest of the food was average.

So, I don't get what all the fuss was about - this seemed a very average restaurant with poor service.

And it was quite expensive!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

not totally impressed with their chili crab. The cereal prawns is good. will most likely not dine here again

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had the Alaskan King Crab two ways - chilli & pepper. Pepper was just ok and chilli was terrible. Price was 200/kilo. Our crab was apparently 2.8 kilos but didn't see it alive or weighed in front of us. Terrible service had to ask for crab to be cut so it was edible. The fried bread which accompanied the chilli crab was cold and hard as rock. Would never eat here again!

1  Thank Ped3r
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have dined in their branch at Vivo City and at their original location somewhere near Aljunid and I must say Im still curious why people give so much praise to this restaurant. Maybe before the food was really good and maybe I just sampled only their chilli crab but from what I experienced this place is way ovrerated. The chili crab I ate was ordinary, from what I had at imperial treasures, the chili crab here is simply average at best. The service is bordering on the bad as the waiters tend to just throw the plates and everything on the table making you think are they angry at the customers? From the amount I paid for specially at their Vivo City branch, I would expect to get better food and service. With what they have right now, they should change their name to No Service and No good food Seafood Restaurant, I think that is more apt.

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We went hear after hearing we had to have chili crab while in Singapore. No signboard did not disappoint with the chili crab - however, the service left much to be desired.

We started by ordering some drinks and also quickly ordered a order for 2 of chili crab. The waitress helped us not over order as we were not good at judging to sizes since the Sri Lankan crab has to be ordered by the kg. We were in town during Chinese New Years and most places were packed. We got to no signboard at around 8 and people were still arriving. There was also a concert going on in front of the pier near the restaurant. There were lots if people waiting to see the band exit and the restaurant had prime viewing. It didn't bother us much and we even took pictures of the mystery celebs as they walked by. Our food took over an hour to arrive and the waiters were bad about checking on us for drinks or for refills on our table peanuts. I even asked for refills multiple times. The food finally came out and we also had some rice and buns with our meal. By the time our food came tables that arrived well after us were wrapping up. How bizarre! Back to the food. It was delicious. I am not a fan of the work involved with shell fish but this crab and that sauce it came in made all the work oh so worth it! I would recommend getting extra buns and rice to mop up the sauce. Also, the meal is very messy! You need both hands and you will not want to take a break from eating for about 45 mins. The sauce was not too spicy (we like spicy food and this was just right without asking for extra heat) and went perfect with the crab.

All in all I would highly recommend No Signboard to anyone wanting to experience chili crab. Just know you may have to wait a while to get it! It's well worth the wait.