“A bit overpriced”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Chuckle all you may, but this unusual name for a restaurant was concocted by the patrons of No Signboard Seafood themselves. Founded in 1981, it is now known island-wide for its creative and original recipes.
Bucharest, Romania
“A bit overpriced”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Good food if you choose seafood. I had a black-pepper crab. The "seasonal proce" drives me crazy, I need to know how much do I pay before orderind. Crab was good, but my husband had a sweet-sour pork which was overcooked. Prices a bit high, good service.

Visited January 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bacolod City, Philippines
“our splurge meal in Singapore”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We were fortunate enough to find a table without prior reservations on a Saturday evening at the No Signboard Restaurant at the Esplanade. I had read good reviews of the food here, so we made a bee-line to it upon arriving in Singapore. We were definitely not disappointed. The food was very good and the service was efficient. We especially loved the crispy baby squid and the home-made flat noodles. I found the pepper crab a bit underwhelming, considering the hype. It was our "splurge meal" during our visit in Singapore and we were very happy with it.

• Visited April 2012
Perth
“Assuming staff!”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

No Signboard in Geylang was one of the things I wanted to try on this trip to Singapore. We came here also to have a look (not touch) at the 'scenery' after dinner. I'm glad we did, because we all had a good laugh and also enjoyed some decent food.

The restaurant had no problems seating the 8 of us inside at 8pm where they have air-conditioning. Then they proceeded to set the table and the first thing that made us laugh is that our party consisted of 3 Westerners, all whom are adept at using chopsticks. But each of them were also given forks and spoons to aid them in eating their meals.

When drinks were ordered, there were two beers ordered and the wait staff just assumed that it was for the 2 rough looking guys and placed the drinks in front of them (in their defense, one of the guys was wearing a Singha top). That person had actually ordered Chinese tea.

Placing orders were difficult because I don't think English was their strong suit. Fortunately our party consisted of some multilingual people, so we were able to place our banquet order. But I think if push had come to shove, it would have been easy enough to point at the items on the expansive menu.

The menu had many banquet options and they recommended the 6 person banquet for our party of 8 saying that it would be enough to feed all of us. I was hungry and some in our party are decent eaters (me included), so I was skeptical. Once we had placed our orders, the first courses started coming out very quickly - within minutes, which was great because we were starving.

The banquet was very tasty and included some appetizers, chilli crab and salt egg crab, steamed fish, cereal prawns, pork spare ribs, vegetables and dessert. We ordered some steamed rice and fried buns as well, but it wasn't enough - I was still a bit hungry.

The one thing I like about this place is that they do not charge a service tax, which I think is 7%. That's not to say that they just inflate their prices accordingly, but in the end, I was glad that we ate here - I just stopped by elsewhere after for a quick supper.

• Visited March 2012
manila
“you can get same tasting food at other placs”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This place is expensive and you can get all the food they serve at other places like the Makansutra, Rasasutra and other Mall Hawker type food courts. Their Chili crab is all about hype since you can find better tasting crab dishes in other parts of the City. For a S$120 dish of chili crabs in NoSignboard, you can get almost an entire dinner for a party of 5 adults with other must-try Singaporean favorites like Cereal Prawns, Stingray, baby squid, etc. If you dont mind splurging, you might want to try this once but note that all the dishes here can be found at more reasonably priced places.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank princesscat09
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good seafood restaurant in Esplanade and Vivo City”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

good food. cereal prawns. chilli crab. yum. can handle big groups.