“It's good Chinese food but not spectacular...”
Review of Asia Grand

Asia Grand
Ranked #460 of 10,933 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Singapore, Singapore
“It's good Chinese food but not spectacular...”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We took a chance and went without reservations and since it was early and a weekday, were able to get a table. First time in this place and its your typical Chinese restaurant. We ordered the usual fares of dimsum: hakaw, pork suimai and they were all tasty. The carrot cake was delicious. The disappointing dish was the roast pork -- it had a certain smell and taste from pork that is not so fresh. So I don't understand the hype -- it's good but not fantastic. My friend says that on weekends, they push you to finish your dining in 45mins.

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Good place for dim sum & Peking duck”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We recently had a gathering at this restaurant located at North Bridge road, it was my first time here despite having driven past it countless times. As it was a lunch gathering, we tried their dim sum menu and we were pleased with the varieties of dim sum available including the standard har know, siew mai, roasted pork buns both steamed and fried. Quality of the food was very good . Service was efficient and friendly, and the waitress were eager to refill our tea cups. One of the more memorable dish is the Peking duck which was very crispy and the accompanying onion and cucumber provided an excellent combination of textures and flavours. Definitely one of the better Peking duck dishes I have tried. Highly recommended .

We spend about $160 for 4 adults and 5 kids.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank LKH131
Singapore
“Peking Duck Need to pay extra money for spring onion”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I used to think that Peking duck was always wrapped with cucumber and spring onion as a completed dish but Asia Grand proved me wrong last night that I have to pay $3++ for spring onion. I didn't ask for extra, they rather only wrapped each the peking duck skin with only cucumber and only provided us only 4 pieces of 'spring onion' out of the 20 wraps. There were exactly 4 of us and 4 pieces of spring onion. Well, I wouldn't expected much from some other maybe sze char stalls to complete the dish with adequate amount of ingredient but Asia Grand which we didn't pay any less, we paid $360 and I don't think asking adequate spring onion was too much.

I wonder how many pieces of spring onion will they give for the additional $3++....

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Laila_ilil
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Excellent value for a la carte dishes”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were very impressed with Asia Grand Cantonese restaurant because the food came quickly, there was good variety on the menu, it was quite delicious, and the prices were more than competitive. I was just recovering from food poisoning (from another restaurant), so I accompanied my wife at lunch time, not intending to eat. She said the corn and crab soup was excellent, as were the roast pork belly and the sesame dumplings. Even though I was recovering, I just had to place an order for the fried mantou (three pieces to an order). It was just what I needed. My wife's fresh orange juice was as good as at other Cantonese restaurants that we have visited, and it was less expensive. We recommend Asia Grand for speed and accuracy of service, taste, and price. The atmosphere was typical Cantonese restaurant atmosphere. We regret only that we have just now discovered it after many visits to various Cantonese restaurants in Singapore.

• Visited May 2013
Leichlingen, Germany
“Great food”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We tried a number of dishes and all were very good. The food was fresh and the staff was very friendly. We were there on a Tuesday night and it was busy and thus it can get a bit noisy.

• Visited May 2013