“So so food for the price”
Review of Canele Patisserie Chocolaterie - CLOSED

Canele Patisserie Chocolaterie
Neighborhood: The Quays
Description: Canele Patisserie Chocolaterie is an excellent place to get your fix for all things sweet, such as French confections, pastries and chocolates.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Low quality food for such a beautiful looking cafe. Furnitures & deco was really attractive. Salad was dry & has too much olive oil. Mushroom soup was too salty. Overall a dissapointing visit. Did not try the cakes so cannnot comment on that.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The food here is overrated. This restaurant used to be bearable but now it's just pure rubbish. Never trust a restaurant that does not know how to hire excellent wait staff. I went once to the Paragon outlet; the waiter took my order but did not follow through with placing it. My friend and I waited over half an hour for our dessert and when we asked the waiter about it, he admitted that he had forgotten to place the order.

When I went to the Raffles City outlet, I asked the waitress for some water and she only served me a glass of water. Guess my husband did not need to drink. Their crepe was also mediocre. Overcooked and dry. I will never go back to this place ever again.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The food menu is just ok, what they impress is with the desserts but even then there are some hits/misses. Cheesecakes are good, but tiramisu disappoints. surprisingly their crepe selection is actually very tasty.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

1 words sums up "Canele Patisserie Chocolaterie" ... Heaven!!! Delicious, divine desserts, from the chocolate mousse cakes to the berry cheesecakes, macaroons, cakes etc - the sweet treats are to die for!!.. I wish i had found this place earlier during my visit to singapore - but never the less i will be back!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Canele is a chain of Patisserie/Chocolaterie in Singapore. As well as many sweet treats, they offer a range of delicious savoury options. However, we went for high tea so we could experience the sweet treats for which they're famous.

The macarons looked delicious so of course we had to try those. We chose a blueberry and salted caramel macaron. The lemon tart looked amazing so of course we had to try one of those as well as a chocolate desert. Finally, because we love canele, we had to try the shop's signature desert .

What are cakes without a drink? So my husband had a coffee and my little boy a hot chocolate. I had some tea.

Let's start with the macarons. They were both delicious - especially the blueberry macaron which contained both jam and buttercream. However, they tasted freshly made that day and didn't have the softness and infused flavour of macarons that have had a chance to mature for a day or two.

The lemon tart was excellent - it tasted as good as it looked, soft, silky tangy and moreish. In fact, my son asked for another one which we happily helped him to eat! We couldn't t fault this desert at all.

We also had something called Le Royale which was basically a chocolate mousse and cream stack with almonds and slices of chocolate. It was very rich and decadent and looked amazing. Yum!

The most disappointing part of the high tea was the caneles. I make these at home quite often so I know how they should taste. They seemed to be a little overcooked with the skin tough and hard to chew. The inside of a canele is supposed to be soft, like custard, but in this case it had more of a cakey texture. Not great.

Finally, the drinks were also not great. My son wouldn't drink the hot chocolate as it was it so bitter. My husband sent back his first coffee as it was over extracted and also tasted bitter. His second cup wasn't any better so he decided not to bother again.

The total cost of the high tea came to just under Sing$50 so it was not a cheap experience. Most of the high tea was a delight but the stars of the show, the canele were a let down, as were the drinks. We're glad to have been but we probably won't be back.

1  Thank sasjacobs