“Great Dinner”

Senso Ristorante and Bar
Ranked #281 of 10,515 Restaurants in Singapore
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: Established in 2000 on 21 Club Street , Senso Ristorante & Bar is well-known for its authentic Italian fine-dining cuisine and its impeccable service. Senso Ristorante & Bar firmly believes in maintaining its high standards of excellent food, warm and sophisticated atmosphere.
Manila, Philippines
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My partner & I while visiting from Australia dined at the Senso restaurant. The meal, service & court yard setting was excellent. The selection of wines including knowledge of wineries provided by the senior waiter was well received, even though a little on the expensive side. We certainly recommend the Senso.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Garth110

• Korean first
“Miss this place, overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went here with family and nearly fell over with the prices. Very poor value. Charged full price S$20 each for plain pasta ordered for my 2 children! Food was not excellent, only suggest for romantic dinner as the ambiance is quite nice.

• Visited March 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Brilliant dinner with visitors from UK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Myself & my boyfriend live in Singapore & wanted to try Senso for a while so when his parents came to visit we decided to book! I'm glad we did as we had a lovely evening. We went on a Monday night so the restaurant was quite quiet & the weather was cooler so we chose to sit outside in the court yard area. We were the only ones there as other guests ate inside but we really enjoyed the area to ourselves! The menu was very hard to choose from which is always a sign of a good restaurant! Small details we enjoyed like a good bread basket & olive oil, friendly & helpful staff, amazing Italian wine, brilliant food, lovely limoncello & truffle chocolates to end the meal complimentary of the restaurant. I had grilled artichoke with truffle purée to start.. Amazing! Then sea bass which was cooked beautifully & a perfect sized portion, the boys had venison which they raved about & I had apple tart to finish which was divine! All very simple but deliciously cooked. I'd recommend it for the brilliant food, very friendly, helpful & chatty staff & a lovely atmosphere. We're considering going here again very soon as we want to work our way through the menu!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JenB2011
England
“Sunday Brunch in Senso followed by a trip to McDonalds”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

The Sunday Prosecco brunch was unfortunately not what we expected. Having had many sunday brunches around the world I would say this is the worst so far for food portions. I well however give the positive and negative side to out Sunday brunch.

The staff are excellent they dealt with you from the time of arrival to when you leave the restaurant as true professionals. The brunch which run from 11:30 t0 15:30hrs was good in regards to the drinks with the sparkling wine topped up before you even got to the bottom of the glass.

As for the restaurant itself it is a beautiful building and has excellent décor so well done to the management for the design of the restaurant. The court yard area is also very nice.

Unfortunately the food was a very big disappointment. The salad bar can only be described as basic and not that interesting in regards to variety. The salad bar could also do with a bit more imagination in regards to presentation as it looked more like a school buffet. Having endured the salad bar, we waited in anticipation of the main courses of the buffet. Wow was I disappointed the main courses are served at the table and the portion sizes are very very small and not what you would normally expect at a brunch. This is the first time I have left a brunch and had to go to McDonalds because I was hungry.

Not sure about the restaurant during normal food service in the week it might be very good, but for the Sunday brunch it’s a definite no go for the future.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank International-Deal
Singapore
“Sensation Service at Senso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

The service is what blew me away at Senso.

I had a $100 voucher that had expired. When I called to ask if I could still use it, the staff cheerily asked me how much time I needed and that I could simply come down with them and say I had checked. Phew! I thought they would snub me for using a voucher!
I went down 3 weeks later and reminded the maitre d about my voucher and they assured me that I could use it.

The restaurant was 80% occupied, with most of the guests asking for refills of wine.
Nevertheless, my boyfriend and I were well-looked after, with two service staff constantly glancing at us to check if we needed anything as they hurried around. The waiters were personable and knowledgable when we asked them for recommendations. One even shared stories of how he courted his wife with the restaurant's signature chocolate lava cake.

We ordered one bowl of soup, one appetizer, two mains and dessert.
The cherry on the top was when the soup and appetizers came separated in two bowls and two plates. The staff had taken the initiative to separate the dishes - with garnishing and decorations - since they knew we were sharing.

Such initiative is rare and it truly made our dinner more than just about the food.
We will definitely come back again.

• Visited November 2012