“Indeed excellence at a cost”

Mortons Steak House
Ranked #157 of 11,073 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
Description: Morton's is an upscale restaurant specializing in prime aged steaks and offering the finest product available to our guests. Morton's open kitchen reveals the secrets to great steak preparation as chefs prepare entrees in full view. Morton's lends an air of relaxed distinction to any affair. Rich mahogany wood paneling and etched glass set the tone, cozy brickwork and sumptuous wine and food displays punctuate the dining room and Morton's signature table-side presentation make for a truly memorable dining experience. In addition to the dining room, we offer private dining for larger parties in our Boardrooms which can be configured to suit groups of up to 40. Whether it's an elegant dinner, an elaborate cocktail reception or an exclusive wine tasting, Morton's is the perfect destination.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

What can I say, the place is an institution and perennially packed (at least in Singapore).
Appetizers are at $25 to more (ie, what mains used to cost in normal restos just a few years ago...), a steak can easily be $100. Both are excellent: the lumpy crab meat or cocktail monster-shrimp for starters, and I think I had the rib-eye for main which was one of the best, most buttery steaks I've had here.
One thing, besides the tab: the staff didn't know who had ordered what. It's not the end of the world, but in steakhouses in the US, I rarely witnessed this. When commanding certain prices, a venue should then offer a less amateurish service.

There are newer reviews for Mortons Steak House

Reviewed June 8, 2013

They truly know how to cook a good steak. The loaf of bread is a meal in itself, and portions of everything are huge. I only had steak (twice) but the seafood is also very special. Go with a group or get a seat at the bar for one, either way it's great. Staff very attentive, concierge/restaurant bosses are also exceptionally helpful.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Had ours daughter graduation dinner last night and we were totally happy. Nice service, great waiter and best steaks and deserts:)) a truly special evening and I am so happy to see Morton 's back to it good service. Last November I had a pretty back experience w my daughters birthday, steak were still great but the rest appalling. Happy to see the management took action. Best steak in town!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The meal was really top notch. The food is not as expensive as I had aticipated after reading all the reviews so I was surprised to find that the food was rather reasonably priced. But what can set you back is the wine but on the other hand that is every diners own choice if and what kind you want to enjoy. The jumbo shrimp alexander was amazing and so was the steak with grilled jumbo aspargus - would go back here the next time I am in Singapore!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We came here for a birthday celebration and had a lovely evening, mostly thanks to the great service. While the food was good, I probably wouldn't return - great steaks, but Morton's in Singapore charges twice (or more) what they do in the US. While I always expect to pay more in Singapore, I think Morton's has gone a bit over the top - it's a good steakhouse, but it's not a meal worth $400 SGD for two people, even by expensive Singapore standards.

You'll have a good meal, but know what to expect - it's $100+ for a steak, about $30-$40 for a starter and about $25 for a side and the usual for a bottle of wine in Singapore. The food's good, but over-priced. The focus is on the steaks - our sides weren't the greatest and were left mostly untouched.

Service was great.