All reviews boutique hotel little india kampong glam lady boss red velvet great boutique classic room arab street high tea haji lane reception desk handy phone executive lounge rooms are small mrt stations rafik etro
Reviewed May 22, 2018

When we decided to go to Singapore, we knew we really wanted to experience both the older side of the city as well as over the top fabulously commercial and globalized side of the city. This hotel really positioned us well for this.

The location is just on the edge of the older city, so when you walk out you will see a lot of the charms of little India and old school Malaysian influence. While its not exactly swank, what you see feels very real and true to the lives of a good portion of the country while also offering you the very upscale cool (cooler than I am) boutique hotel experience. I believe it was about a mile (either way a very comfortable walk through a variety of neighborhoods) to get to the shopping centers and a quick uber to the Marina Bay fancy pants hotel we opted out of.

The hotel itself is super eclectic, artsy, and inspired. It gives the feel of a world traveler who has been everywhere and brought back the coolest parts of those travels to share with you. This vibe carries right into the rooms. We began in a suite but had to continue toa single (our fault in booking) both rooms were oozing with charm and cozy (yes they were snug) comfort. You have the option to purchase some of the cool items in the room (a small stylish old school radio for example) and we had to fight the urge to take a piece of the place home with us.

Breakfast included a variety of western comforts as well as some local fair and while I stuck to the basics my husband tried the lot and really enjoyed everything he had. Beyond the breakfast menu we also really enjoyed nibbles during the cocktail hour as well - really anything to sit in their awesome lobby/dining area.

I think for any couple, or any solo traveler this is an awesome choice, especially if you are looking to be a little closer to the old school side of the city.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
VagabondSingapore, General Manager at The Vagabond Club, Singapore, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Dear jmlattimore,

Thank you SO much for such kind words. Does make us all so happy here at the hotel!

Lady Boss

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

I ended up here unexpectedly as my original hotel was virtually full and I had to stay an extra night. It was a great find for several reasons in addition to being an interesting, very quirky, Jacques Garcia designed boutique hotel. After dropping my bags, it was a short walk to Little India and an abundance of great Indian food. The next morning I actually walked to my first meeting in North Bridge Road so it is actually very convenient to that area of Singapore including Beach Road and Raffles City (although I took a short taxi ride back early afternoon when it was hotter). My room had an inner courtyard access and I slept very soundly in a large comfy bed. Some might consider the room a bit small but that's a result of a hotel developed inside a heritage building. Last but not least I should commend Ms Aldoria on reception for being super friendly and helpful, both on arrival and on departure. Thank You!

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear stevamcb,

Thank you so much for such a great review. It really does make us happy to read these lovely reviews...and so happy that you found us!

Lady Boss

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

I stayed 1 week at the Hotel and I feel I have I have to write something as my stay was fantastic. Nice room, clean, nice environment, but what was overwhelming was the level of kindness of the persons who work there, you immediately perceive they do not like to work there the LOVE to work there. They consider first the customers then their values and at last their interest. I would like to mention some persons despite all should be mentioned. I will never forget the manager a Romanian nice person that has everything under control ready to do whatever necessary to make customers happy, I have seen him picking up customers bags as all other persons was busy with others customers.
The chef from New Zealand delighted us first preparing a fantastic breakfast then with a lunch that was unforgettable, the best tartare I have ever eaten. What was impressive was that you feel he really care to get satisfied customers. MANY COMPLIMENTS TO ALL OF YOU!!! Keep going like this. Luigi Rossettini

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear rosettimi,

Thank so much for saying such lovely things about Alex and all the staff at Vagabond...we really do love having lovely guests as yourself stay with us! Please come back.

lady Boss

Reviewed May 18, 2018

I haven't checked out of the hotel yet, but wanted to make sure I left a positive review. The staff is great, particularly the head chef, who makes it a point to come out and greet his guests in the Executive Lounge. The staff is attentive and really makes the stay.

The hotel itself is beautiful and really unique. The rooms are on the smaller side, but well designed and I had a pleasant sleep every night despite my long business hours. I was in a courtyard room, which is unique and lovely. It has a shared courtyard with other guests. Thing to be mindful of is there's a lot of windows and I was constantly forgetting to pull the curtains for more privacy.

Hotel is nicely situated near tons of local food options. It's really in a very pleasant part of Singapore and will make it a point to return!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2018

For people looking for a luxury hotel in Singapore that does not have the feel of being part of a chain, then this is the place for you. The walls of the hotel (inlcuding the rooms) are adorned with interesting art and wonderful photos. Location wise, it is in between Little India and Arab town and affords you immediate access to old Singapore, away from all the high rise buildings. The staff are very friendly, attentive and accommodating. The cocktails in the bar are excellent. We had breakfast each morning of our stay; the food was exquisite.

• Trip type: Traveled with family