All reviews boutique hotel little india kampong glam lady boss red velvet great boutique classic room arab street high tea haji lane reception desk handy phone executive lounge rooms are small mrt stations rafik etro
Reviewed May 18, 2018

I haven't checked out of the hotel yet, but wanted to make sure I left a positive review. The staff is great, particularly the head chef, who makes it a point to come out and greet his guests in the Executive Lounge. The staff is attentive and really makes the stay.

The hotel itself is beautiful and really unique. The rooms are on the smaller side, but well designed and I had a pleasant sleep every night despite my long business hours. I was in a courtyard room, which is unique and lovely. It has a shared courtyard with other guests. Thing to be mindful of is there's a lot of windows and I was constantly forgetting to pull the curtains for more privacy.

Hotel is nicely situated near tons of local food options. It's really in a very pleasant part of Singapore and will make it a point to return!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2018

For people looking for a luxury hotel in Singapore that does not have the feel of being part of a chain, then this is the place for you. The walls of the hotel (inlcuding the rooms) are adorned with interesting art and wonderful photos. Location wise, it is in between Little India and Arab town and affords you immediate access to old Singapore, away from all the high rise buildings. The staff are very friendly, attentive and accommodating. The cocktails in the bar are excellent. We had breakfast each morning of our stay; the food was exquisite.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2018

Just returned from a fantastic four day stay at the Vagabond: really a superlative experience at Singapore's number one getaway location. And they even had Citizen Kane and various art films on my TV (even Kieszlowski!); i think i watched them all! but it is really the superlative customer service that sets Vagabond apart from the crowd. The staff really go out of the way to make sure your every whim is fulfilled. Smoking section is outside which grew on me the longer i was there. Fantastic for instagram; an art lover's dream. I give the Vagabond my strongest recommendation.

Room tip: The club rooms give you access to more facilities
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is nicely decorated but the room was extremely small. Like a closet. I had a regular room that was upgraded to the next best. There’s a tea time with alcohol that’s included with some snacks. The staff is very friendly.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend had asked for an hotel at the opposite of a high rise business hotel. My SPG offered me two alternatives out of which I choose the Vagabond without further considerations. What an excellent surprise to discover upon arrival a Garcia designed hotel. In between his previous achievements at the Hotel des Indes and the Reserve, you are invited here in Singapore into the universe of an adventure loving Indian gentleman with strong interests in art and the elegance of the feminine body. Attention to detail is pushed extremely far as testifies the kashmiri design of the Etro amenities. 26 years, ago I wrote an academic paper on marketing art. I would have never dreamt coming across a place like the vagabond club which breaks boundaries and blurs frontiers in the art world. The integration of Blatnic’s famous Freud triptyque is for me THE must see reference regarding the display of video art. Both of us are grateful to the owners of the Vagabond, who must have massively invested to create this quite unique experience. However, we would have preferred making a substantially more generous contribution in exchange of the annoying AC switch-off during the night, the lousy turn-down service or the "bridled" free breakfast. Front desk is courteous and very helpful. Cocktails are excellent and contributed to our personal satisfaction “impressing” our guests from Singapore. They are considering spending their next staycation here. The area around the hotel is less picturesque than described in our Singapore guide books. The Mustapha supermarket at the other end of the street is worth a visit. We will return to the Vagabond Club.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple