“Thank you to make my stay so comfortable”

Ranked #17 of 231 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Thank you to make my stay so comfortable”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I would like to say thank you for the support the Great World City Serviced Apartment Team gave me over the last 8 month in Singapore. I really appreciated the high Service provided
from the Great World City Serviced Apartment Team all the time. I really appreciated every day to come back to Great World City, my home for the last 8 month – thank you to make my stay so comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joanna2011Singapore, Executive at Great World Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Resident,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and for the commendations on our services. We are happy that you had made Great World Serviced Apartments your "home away from home" and that you had felt comfortable being here.

We hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future if opportunities allow.

Best regards,
Great World Serviced Apartments Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed November 3, 2013

my stay with my family was excellent from all aspect , close to down town , school , entertainment .. GWSA are very kind and offer smooth hospitality .. we would like to repeat it againe ,

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Joanna2011Singapore, Executive at Great World Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Resident,
We would like to thank you for your recent feedback.
We are happy to know that you and your family had an excellent stay with us and that you had enjoyed the facilities.
We definitely look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had a fabulous stay at GWSA.The staff were friendly & helpful.The location is excellent,it is next to a big shopping complex with a great food court downstairs.Across the road is Zion Hawker centre where you can eat awesome asian food very cheap.It is only 5mins from the popular Clarke Quay.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Resident,
Thank you for your valuable feedback!
We are glad you had a fabulous stay with us recently and found the location very convenient with all the available facilities like the Great World City Shopping Mall, Zion Road Food centre, etc. and Clarke Quay which is within walking distance.
We hope to be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Every time I come to Singapore I stay at Great World City Apartments. I love the fact that I can park my car, walk to the grocery store, walk to local restaurants, shop, have a few drinks and walk back to my apartment. Great World City offers all the conveniences that you need. They also have excellent staff. All are personable and make you feel like you're a family member. This is home for me when I'm in Singapore. I've lived at Great World City off and on since 2002.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Resident,
Thank you for staying with the Great World Serviced Apartments and for your valuable feedback.
We are glad Great World Serviced Apartments is your home away from home and that you have enjoyed the conveniences Great World has to offer and we will always be happy to have you stay with us whenever you are back to Singapore.

Great World Serviced Management
singapore
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great World Serviced Apartments are a wonderful peaceful haven for business people and families in very busy Singapore. We stayed at GW for 2 years and were really sad to leave. Lovely apartments with all you would need, beautiful grounds with a great pool, children's play areas and an excellent business centre.
The location is fantastic, minutes away from Orchard Road yet the apartments themselves are peaceful and quiet.
The service we received was wonderful. From the warm reception we received by front desk staff when we arrived home, to the wonderful Annie who serviced our apartment, to the marketing and office staff, we could not have been better look after.
GW Apartments will always be our first choice if we need an apartment when we visit Singapore.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Resident,
Thank you for staying with the Great World Serviced Apartments and for the kind review.
We are confident with your positive feedback; we could make Great World Serviced Apartments a most sought-after place to stay.
We will always welcome you back whenever you return to Singapore.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I have lived at Great World for the past 7 years !! and love it
When you look at the facilities in and around Great World it is all there for you ,be it shopping eating or just relaxing
Free bus leave every ½ hour to Orchard road and China Town and added bonus
Leisure, and Pool facilities are excellent
At Great World you are made to feel welcome ,staff and management go that extra mile to do so
Great Place would not live any were else

Room Tip: Right in the heart of Singapore has all you need around the apratments
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Resident,
Thank you for staying with us and for your valuable feedback!
We are happy to know that you and your wife have enjoyed the facilities and your stay with us.
We are committed to providing you and all our residents with the highest standard of services in the industry.

Best regards.
Great world Serviced Apartments Management
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had to spend, unfortunately, 1 month at this property, in a 2-bedroom apartment. We paid around $ 9.500. Worst decision ever.

1) One day, I was with my children in the lobby, desperately trying to get a taxi, but there was none. To make a long story short, since at the reception nobody looked that active, when I spotted a free taxi in the street, I asked the ''security'' guards to keep an eye on my 1-year old, and I ran under the rain to secure the taxi. Of course, the guards didn't do a thing. And my 1-year old almost finished under the taxi (I saved him at the last second). I complained, no answer from the management. When I complained again (see below point 2), I received a very arrogant and superior answer by some assistant of sorts, stating that the guards hadn't hold my son because other clients had previously complained - so basically, it was a thought-through decision to let him run under a car. Nice.

2) My other son had the very stupid idea to use a pen to draw four lines at the back of a chair. We tried to clean it and it went a little off (also, it was behind), but the hotel sent us an email claiming $ 1.300 for the chair (only 1 invoice, from the hotel itself, no proof that several cost estimates had been asked). Of course, they had written about the chair but nobody until then had addressed the whole ''son-under-a-car-issue''. Only when I reacted at this chair email, they looked into my son's misadventure. Anyway, we have to pay for the chair, which must be the most expensive in the whole country. Of course, we will never get the proof the the new chair will be in place. I am truly convinced that the hotel will just put the money in its pockets.

3) They ask you to fix an appointment for the check-out control of the items of the apartment (in case you wanted to steal a fork, you know). But they don't wait for your answer. Instead, they come uninvited while you are away, and why the babysitter is there, with the camera in their hands, and they start looking around your apartment. Nice.

4) Management is absurd. You pay $ 9.500 for a month, you need to print 2 pages in black and white at the business center, and they charge you $1 for it. But the absurdity doesn't stop there. They print a copy of the invoice, put it in a nice envelope, put a stamp and mail it to your office. Total cost above $1. So it's not about the money. It's about making the customer angry. Weird management strategy.

5) Cleaning: the cleaning of the apartment was so superficial that even my 4-year old asked me why it was dirty.

6) The indoor playroom for the kids is nice... if you are not looking for actual toys. There are 2 structures to climb on, 2 others smaller, a table and chairs... and 4 times the same Ikea toy. Ikea has more variety than that, and they are all cheap. It wouldn't kill the management to spend $200 on other toys. Plus, there is no clear policy for the room. Sometimes they check the temperature to make sure you're not feverish, most of the times they don't (nice). And the staff supposed to manage the area is CONSTANTLY on the phone, every single day.

I could add other things. But these are enough. Never again.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DanielaKLI
Joanna2011Singapore, Staff at Great World Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Resident,

1) We have viewed our CCTV footage and found that you had not asked for assistance
from any of the Service Desk or the Security Staff to keep an eye on your son before
you ran out to hail a taxi from across the street. Our Security staff indeed did try to
keep an eye on your son and the incoming vehicles but you son dashed under his
arms towards you.

2) As for the damage incurred, you signed and acknowledged the damage/replacement
charge form. You cleaned it on your own and this caused discolouration on the arm
chair material. There was another sofa chair head rest with scratches of
which we had waived the charge. We had done our due diligence and checked with our
suppliers and that was the best quote we could get. Rest assured we did not overcharge
you.

3) Check out inventory
The check-out inventory check was conducted according to your arrangement with the
Service Desk staff for 13th September between 10am-10.30am. Your babysitter allowed
our Housekeeping staff to enter the apartment. The camera was merely used
to take pictures of the damage so that we could obtain a quotation without intruding into
your privacy again.

4) Invoicing
As your occupation is a corporate one, it is procedural to mail the invoices to the company
and not to you as the company is the contractual party.

5) Housekeeping
It was only brought up to our attention on the cleaning standards 3 days before your check
out otherwise we would have taken immediate action on your feedback.

6) Kidz Lounge
The Kidz Lounge being a Call Centre, it is expected of our staff to be constantly on the
phone attending to enquiries every single day. As for your comments on insufficient toys,
we do have a good selection of toys; Crazy Castle, Sticky Whiskers, 2x Moon House Lift
Out Puzzles, Silly Stackers just to name a few.

Nevertheless, we would like to thank you for staying with us.