“Classic Indian”

The Banana Leaf Apolo
Ranked #183 of 10,933 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Singaporean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Little India
Gosford, Australia
“Classic Indian”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Wonderful food, eaten from a banana leaf! It's not a poky little restaurant, there is room to move here and it is comfortably cool. Prices were very good and staff were quick to attend to our needs. If you enjoy Indian food give this one a try.

Visited July 2014

• Thai first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Good Indian food”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a place which serves traditional Indian cuisine on banana leafs. The food is of good quality and tastes wonderful. The service is quick. There is a tablet on each table so you can order through this or a waiter will come and take your order. Well worth a visit if you come to Singapore. About 200m walk fro Little India MRT station

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We were four people came here for lunch, we ordered two veg meals,two thum biryani and a chettinad chicken. Nothing is eatable especially the biryani was very poor. Highly disappointed.

1 Thank Iravu p
Brisbane, Australia
“Really tasty food!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I visited Banana Leaf for the first time a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. This restaurant is a little more up-market than some of the other Indian restaurants in the area, so if you're not taken by the rough and ready local joints, go here.

The service was really good, if you're a vegetarian like me you'll be pretty happy because being vegetarian is the norm in Little India.

All the curries were amazing, the flavours were great and the curries were rich and creamy. The rice was delicious and all the little bits and pieces they gave us to eat with it were yummy too.

My husband loved the mango prawns and the fish head curry too (which is their speciality).

I really liked this place because the staff were so nice and helpful, the food was well-priced and delicious. I'd recommend it to my friends and family.

• Visited June 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Worth coming back”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is the 2nd time I have visited this restaurant and maybe because I had such an excellent meal during my first visit I have really high expectation this time round. Overall I think the standard has slightly dropped especially the chicken dum briyani but the other dishes such as the tandoori chicken, naan (especially my favourite cheese naan), etc, still taste great. Generally the service is fast but I have to remind the server twice before he served our drinks. Nevertheless I will be back again.

Visited June 2014