“Sadly Disappointing Service!”

The Banana Leaf Apolo
Ranked #205 of 11,380 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian, Singaporean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Little India
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I lived in Singapore with my family for two years 2005-2007. I was introduced to Indian food at this restaurant and it became our favourite. I have visited on business and taken guests here and we all had a great time with great food. When I read all the bad reviews I just couldn't believe it had gone down hill so much. Believe me it has sadly!! We had dinner there win December. We ordered Butter Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala, & bryanni rice. The food was still good but the service was slow and served by robotic staff that couldn't even crack a smile. The food is now very expensive for what you get. In Canada I can get 4x the food for the price and it is just as good. They even charge $1 for a jug of tap water and their lime juice is now almost as expensive as a beer. They messed up our bill twice before getting it right. I am sad to see the restaurant that I so enjoyed has changed and not for the good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had the chicken tikka masala and it was the best Indian food I've ever had. The restaurant is filled with locals laughing and talking, it has a really nice vibe and prices are reasonable too!

Worth a visit, MTR station little India, then ask any local where the banana leaf restaurant is.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Skip breakfast and make the trip to Apolo for lunch and hit it hard. House specialty is the fish head curry, but it's all top notch stuff, really enjoyed it. Yes it's busy and noisy at peak times, but hats half the fun. It's 80% locals plus a few ex-pats and then you.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I just visited The Banana Leaf again on a stop over in Singapore. I enjoy eating there over and over because of the choice of food and because of the whole experience it's hard to say more just try it you won't be sorry just honest food.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 8 they only had long tables. And the tables were packed tightly together. When the restaurant was packed,noise was bouncing off everywhere u can barely hear the person across u and it was a Monday night after Xmas. Severely understaffed. Service was slow. Price is slightly on the higher side. A bit of a tourist trap.
Plus points: a huge huge selection of curries. They serve both north and south indian food. Most of the food were great. WILL I GO BACK AGAIN? Maybe when i have my cravings for the many curries again.