All reviews changi village mulberry room chamber suite vanity area huge balcony close to the airport pulau ubin minute stroll loved this hotel local food wake up call handy phone transit hotel basic amenities nice room buffet breakfast bus stop
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is charming, but the reception lacks hospitality. The resto and lounge appeared low quality, but the resto, Coastal Settlement, across the street was good.
A good hotel for an overnight between flights. 16$ by taxi to the airport.
The humour and charm of the reception desk could be improved.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Owen R
Reviewed August 20, 2018

We chose this hotel based on their marketing information. Big mistake. The saving grace of this hotel is that the staff are very friendly and helpful - full marks to them. What we didn't like was being placed on the third floor, but no lift in this hotel. Because of the height of the ceiling in this old colonial building, it was more like climbing stairs in a five story building. Too much for my 72 year old legs. I didn't like being told there was WiFi availability when clearly there wasn't connectivity - despite the best efforts of the front desk. I didn't like the hand basin being placed outside on the balcony with no hot water connected (Ouch!when you shave). I did not like the grossly stained carpet in the room. I didn't like no window opening to the outside (I imagined it as like solitary confinement in Chiangi prison). I did not like the there being only one chair, in twin room??? I did not not being able to sit on the large balcony - only one ornamental swing chair. I did not like there being no telephone to the room - down all those stairs to call a taxi, to tell the reception that there was no wifi. I did not like paying the accommodation rate when there are superior hotels in the area charging much the same rate when on costs of getting to and from the rather isolated Raintr33 hotel are considered - no airport shuttle service here. I did not like the breakfast fare - not bad but not good.

What did I like - the rooms were large, the staff are very good and earn their money, it was quiet.

Would I stay there again? No! Even if it meant paying extra.

Room Tip: Avoid the upper floors
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phillip K
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Stayed.for a night at twin room no.213 Good thing is it has a balcony with fan and scenery is nice with all.greens and no visible high rise buildings. Bathroom is good and clean with strong shower head. Bed is clean. Large room. The television has a couple of lines showing that it needed to be replaced. Lighting is good in the room. Hotel is from an old Changi Hospital. No lift/elevator. The bar is alright. Swimming pool a little bit too small but ok. Clean surroundings. For the price of less than 130sgd per night is quite alright. Nothing much too see around the hotel. Food place is about 5 bus stops away. Near to airport. Hotel staff needs to smile more!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Nice place to stay. Staff were very attentive and most obliging . Special thanks goes out to Miss Leonette for sorting out our needs. We booked a suite which was well designed coming from an old Colonial building that was left behind since world war 2. They have a band performing when we were there with a bar opened till the wee hours of the morning.
While booking the Raintr33, we read loads of positive comments and negative ones too. After a 3 day and 2 nights stay here I can tell you that you can drop the negative comments . We really enjoyed our stay.
Cleaniness will always be our top concern and this place took us by storm. Bathrom was huge and clean. The beds were very comfortable with soft cushy pillows to sleep on. Food is easy to get and if you wanna to taste some local food, head down to the Changi Village. Its a 10 minute walk or take the bus No 29.

So to Miss Leonette and your team thank you so much for making our weekend a lovely one. We will definetly be back.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Travels1698
Reviewed August 8, 2018

close to airport if you are just passing through, has a bar that serves food and brkfst is available. pleasant staff to help with all your needs. Nice room with Air condition shower in room located in very nice neighborhood there are other eateries near by

Stayed: May 2018