“Refinery”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Neighborhood: Lavender
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was prompt and service was fast. I think i will definitely go back to the place again =) The aircon could be much better though.

Date of visit: September 2019
Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Write a reviewReviews (302)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

2nd visit to the refinery and I was disappointed that all food portions have reduced in size for the same prize. The restaurant was not even full on a Saturday yet service was slow to respond. 2 out of 4 of their dessert options were not available for a Saturday dinner. Food was tasty and interesting but probably will be my last time there

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 7, 2019

I have visited this place for a couple of times already, both lunch & dinner time. it is one of my favourite place to be away from the crowds. And I have been booking them through chope and my very last recent visit, I was really surprised that the manager/owner read my remark on my booking's comment and then I have received a pleasant surprise from them due to it. Really appreciate it.

Food wise - The quality of the food has been consistent for me. Even friends who are fussy about their food, enjoy the food here (*thankfully). The portion may look small at first, but it is surprisingly filling. Price is affordable.

Oh yes, their Refinery Waffles is good :)

Drinks - Their Signature Coffee Balls is good, you can add a shot of Whisky to go with it. Have tried both with or without whisky, they are good on their own, it's more towards which type is your preference.

Their cocktails are surprisingly in good ratio and is delicious. This is not commonly found in many places.

Service - sometime it is a little disappointing, it should be consistent right? but we are all humans, however it would be great with more smile right?

Atmosphere - is good, though it might be quite warm during the day but its a nice place to hang out.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

If you’re looking for that new trendy bar on your way home after work, Rookery could be the place for you. That is if you do actually have to pass it on your way home from work. If you don’t, you can check it out anyway as the beers are good value at around ten bucks a pint and they have Asahi Black, which is a bonus for me. The atmosphere is also relaxed and the venue has a large ceiling so it doesn’t feel claustrophobic. The food was a surprisingly good treat as we honestly just came for the drinks. The karage chicken was crispy and the chicken juicy, so it hit the spot. The Yakitori sticks were the highlight though, as the meat balls were thick and chunky and packed with flavour and the pork was as crispy as I like it. The egg plant with a sweet sauce was a little too sweet for my liking after a while, but it was still good. The fires were as good as you expect fried to be, so no complaints there. All in all, it was a good night out in a nice venue with even nicer food, so what more could you possibly want on your way home from work?

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 8, 2019

Very bad customer service. Place was not crowded when I went, but was given high table and chair. When I ask if possible to take the normal seat, the service staff says it is reserved. But I observed no reservation sign and the seat was vacant for the 2 hours I was there and was given to a walk in customer after that. In addition when I requested for the bill, the service staff acknowledged my request but bill never came after 10 mins. I have to go to counter to make payment. Definitely not going back no matter how good the food. In any case, food was ok, nothing to rave about.

Date of visit: August 2019
Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
Greater_Good_Co, Owner at The Refinery Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2019

Hi Joseph, firstly, I sincerely apologise for your experience with us. We have brought this up in our latest team meetings to make sure service protocols are revised to make improvements to prevent such incidents from happening. If you can drop us an email at hello@therefinery.sg, our team would like to reach out to you to make it up to you. Regards.