“Fabulous flyer”

Ranked #8 of 842 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At 165 metres tall, Singapore Flyer is a masterpiece of urban architecture and engineering that showcases not only the mesmerizing cosmopolitan cityscape of the tropical Lion City, but even the surrounding islands of Indonesia and parts of Malaysia in all their glory. In addition to offering panoramic views of Singapore's cosmopolitan cityscape, guests can also indulge in a flute of champagne, or savour the iconic Singapore Sling whilst hosted in a special themed capsule. Diners seeking both privacy and luxury can opt for a multi-sensory treat unlike any other with our Premium Sky Dining Flight, complete with a four-course dinner and an in-flight host.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Singapore flyer is a great experience all round, from the tix available online at a great price for seniors (it was supposedly only for locals or residents,but we didn't know that and nobody questioned us) through the "dreamscape" on entering- an entertaining educational experience, to the actual ride/flight - a magic 30-45 minute everchanging birds-eye view of the city of Singapore and surrounds. Wow, we loved it and so did others in our "capsule".

Write a ReviewReviews (16,089)
All reviews
"eye view"
in 174 reviews
"entire city"
in 130 reviews
"great view of the city"
in 122 reviews
in 312 reviews
"carriage"
in 140 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

God view nice sized cabins, easy access..staff is friendly..how ever no commentary or visuals is a bit dampner .. I think London eye is much better than this. None the less its a must do at Singapore

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Singapore Flyer all but gets ignored by locals and many tourists who stay at the Marina Bay Sans Hotel which has similar views. My understanding is that since its opening the Flyer has underwhelmed almost everyone.

Thant said, we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Thanks to nonexistent lines we flew (pun intended) right into the flyer's queue and had a very cool, comfy view of the Singapore Skyline from a perspective that is different than what you see from the Marina Bay Sands rooftop deck. On board air conditioning provided a cool break from the withering Singapore heat.

It's really worth a look.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Being from England I have visited the London Eye and was somewhat dry mouthed as the eye passed over its highest point and began to decend - not being most comfortable in high places... Then I went on the Singapore Flyer!

Beyond my initial fear that I would need assisting off the ride by my family, I was not at all sure I would enjoy this attraction, but how wrong I was.

Once the Flyer leaves the ground and you begin to view the spectacular sights close by; the botanical garden over the bay, the Sands Hotel standing taller even than the flyer, you forget you don't like heights and are simply absorbed. I loved it and thought it was certainly value for money. Clean, air conditioned sufficient for comfort, spacious and extremely well run, the Flyer was excellent and my family were keen to go on another day... Well worth a visit.