“A 5 star yes, but some service room for improvement.”

Ranked #29 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Overall a beautiful, full service property in a great location with spacious rooms. Some room for improvement when we stayed (Aug. 2013) with some of the guest services/butler, concierge, bar and front desk/billing services, for which we had "minor hiccups" during our 2 week stay. Although minor issues for a 4 star, we expect a St. Regis/5 star to not miss a beat him in these areas. In St. Regis' management's defense however, where we raised some of these concerns, response was prompt and reasonable accommodation made. Lastly, Wifi was not included and rather expensive. Laundry service also pricier than expected. The valet/bell service was top notch. We'd certainly be willing to give St. Regis another shot.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank stace5677
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear stace5677,

Thank you for your kind praises on the luxurious rooms. We do apologise for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay, please be assured that appropriate amends will be in place to ensure that your next stay with us will be truly beyond expectations. You will also be pleased to note that WiFi has been made complimentary in all rooms and suites from January 2014.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel few years ago, I have high expectation on this hotel as I still remember my previous stay was very pleasant and satisfied. This time, I came here for business trip, and extend my stay for 2 nights here at the hotel. The staffs at lobby, including doorman, reception and concierge are all very friendly and helpful.

The room is very spacious and luxury, the butler is very helpful too, just I have given them a shirt for pressing, and requested it to be ready by 9am the next morning, finally it came at 9:30am. Otherwise, they are friendly and helpful.

The only comment I want to raise up is the service of the reception staff at the restaurant in the lobby, we went down for breakfast and request a table of two, the female reception staff of the restaurant asked us to wait as it is full, we really don't mind to wait, then she asked us to go in and bring us to the table, but we were stopped by the waiter inside as they said the table is actually taken, so we were told to go back outside to wait, but we were told to go in again with the same situation, this not happened just once but 2 days in a row. We really feel embarrassed and the female staff doesn't really apologized to us, too. For the time we need to wait for the food to come is not acceptable too, both my husband and I ordered egg Benedict, and my order came first, we thought my husband's order will come right after, but end up we wait for 15 mins, so we asked the waiter about the missing order, finally they realised they forgot about my husband's order, and we finally waited 45 mins in total and the order didn't come, we were just too upset and left the restaurant. I hope they could improve the service in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Begonia T,

Thank you for your kind words on the bespoke services and impeccable room. We do apologise for the inconvenience you had experienced when dining at Brasserie Les Saveurs. Please be assured that necessary amends and trainings will be in place to ensure that your next stay with us will be truly beyond expectations.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Out of the Starwood hotels, I love the W and St. Regis the most. St. Regis in Singapore delivers in room amenities, luxury, size, service and cleanliness, as one would expect in such a hotel. I wasn't crazy about the fact that I couldn't open a smidgen of the windows for venting purposes, but perhaps that's for safety purposes.

This was our second stay at the St. Regis Singapore and just like the first, we all slept very well. The heavy curtains helped blocked light out before we were ready to wake up. Different light settings took a bit to get used to but was useful in not waking up the whole family when one needs to read/go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Very nice in-room coffee and tea selection. Provided decent baby bottle sterilizer when requested. Nice touch.

I had an amazing experience at the Remède Spa, it was worth the money, especially a relaxing massage just before a long flight back to Europe. The spa opens up late but I had my appointment at noon.

We had brekkie twice at the hotel and although the selection wasn't impressive, we still managed to have some Singaporean dishes such as miniature mie rebus and congee. We ate there for convenience purposes and the selection was okay, a bit disappointing for Singapore, land of glorious food. I'd skip the sushi if I were you. I would say this: it has the best coffee I've had in the whole island. And we used to live there! The American ex-expat who sat next to us also agreed.

We also had a few drinks and snacks at the lounge as a family and with a guest. The food was okay but the service was slow. The attendants were very polite and friendly. I think it was the kitchen that was either lagging or under-staffed.

We also had dinner La Brezza, the Italian restaurant. It was alright but not phenomenal. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there if we hadn't been guests of the hotel.

Unfortunately, during our stay my daughter had an accident involving her finger being jammed at a heavy corner door of our floor. My parents and I shared the corner rooms next to each other on the 8th floor and it had a door leading to a small foyer in front of our rooms. When we were on our way out for breakfast, we had called the butler and for the room to be serviced at the same time. Everyone came by at the same time as we were preparing to leave. As the butler was leaving, the said door to the foyer closed automatically (when not secured) and she was trying to hold it open at the same time. Mega OUCH.

I reported the incident as I wasn't sure if she needed medical attention. Luckily, her finger wasn't broken. Only her nail was smashed and it is still healing 3 weeks later. What pleased me was that they took this seriously after I mentioned it and a manager came to us at the breakfast table with kindness and courtesy. The manager-on-duty also brought someone who was First Aid certified and told us that if we wanted to have a doctor come in, they would call one. Not sure if cost would have been covered by the hotel?

One more thing: the room we had was on the same side of the pool, therefore facing the St. Regis apartments. If you're the sort of person who likes sunshine whilst swimming, the earlier you go, the better.

Overall, pleasant stay, would stay again. I would say it's better suited for business travellers than family holidays. Not bad for a short stay before a long flight though.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the St. Regis apartments (same side of the pool), corner rooms and higher floors...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank plumeria1808

Dear plumeria1808,

Thank you for choosing the preferred address. Thank you also for your kind praises on the impeccable rooms and distinctive treatments at Remède Spa. We regret the unfortunate accident your daughter experienced and the hotel would have covered necessary costs to ensure that her well-being was taken care of.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I am Platinum member with SPG and a very frequent resident at the St Regis Singapore in particular.
The rooms and suites are spacious and well appointed, the breakfast at the ground floor is plentiful for all type of tastes.
I was happily surprised to discover the new Japanese Sushi restaurant on the lobby level, it's fresh, truly Japanese, priced correctly for business lunch.
The only comments I would have is for some of the staff to upscale their games as they are some serious competition around...St Regis needs to make it special for its frequent or new guests to stay and not be tempted by the Fullerton on the Bay, The Ritz, The bay or others...
I will continue to go to the St Regis I hope they will put more strength in their service and also to complete the very good Japanese restaurant get a Michelin Star Chef to have a Landmark in house.

Room Tip: Corner rooms, higher floors
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Olivier M,

Thank you for your generous praises on the luxurious rooms and exceptional breakfast at Brasserie Les Saveurs. We have noted your invaluable feedback, please be assured that necessary trainings will be in place to ensure that you next stay with us will be truly beyond expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

St Regis usually means beautiful luxury hotels. St Regis Singapore is quite new and very luxurious. Rooms are spacious and bathrooms are simply the best I have had.
The Italian restaurant by the pool is best for breakfast, when it is open. The ground floor restaurant is too much for Norwegian standards.
Location is great for shopping.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Alfbendik,

Thank you for your kind words on the captivating rooms and refined dining experience at LaBrezza amidst tranquil ambience. We truly appreciate it and would like to afford you our gratitude.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

The St. Regis chain is probably at the top of the Starwood conglomerate, and the St. Regis Singapore is the cherry at the top of the finest. Our return visit last week was again an immersion in perfection, from the check-in at 3:00am to the luxurious, large room, to every aspect of the property. On a special diet, I was standing at the entrance to the main restaurant scanning the menu trying to figure out what I could possibly eat. Suddenly at my side appeared the head chef! After a moments conversation he told me he would prepare whatever I needed, and indeed proceeded to create a delicious meal within my restrictions. It was fabulous.

The spa was again excellent as well. Foot reflexology by William was a dream, and this westerner is convinced of its efficacy.

The staff at this property love what they do. They delight in taking care of your every need and pampering you. This is the standard by which I measure all other hotel properties.

Room Tip: They are all excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank susafoxSeattle

Dear susafoxSeattle,

Thank you for your generous praises on the impeccable room and exceptional dining experience at Brasserie Les Saveurs. Thank you also for your kind words for Remède Spa and William’s distinctive treatment. We truly appreciate it and would like to afford you our gratitude.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The St Regis, Singapore is drifting. The hotel staff are either poorly trained, poorly supported by management or both. What is clear is that this hotel has lost its way. A breakfast at Les Saveurs sums up the challenge for guests. We went down for breakfast to find staff running around looking busy and self important and clearly in some kind of panic. I am not sure what they were focused on but it, most certainly, was not the customer. We were not greeted then told it was " impossible " to seat three of us at the same table and then , when seated, we were ignored apart from being told very firmly " you must pay extra for mineral water ". The whole experience is a million miles from the St Regis brand promise. On top of this, there is an old fashioned fussiness to the hotel that holds it back--- the lighting in the rooms is overly and unnecessarily complex, the air con too fierce, the food at La Brezza worse than of a local food court. Pre arrival communication seems to be handled through a global " efficiency driven " system which keeps you on the phone for far too long telling you how important you are as a customer forgetting the fact that the long delay in getting you access to a human being highlights how insignificant you are as a customer. Basic email requests do not get dealt with through this system either. St Regis, Singapore is a real waste of money.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Dugie C

Dear Dugie C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We do apologise for the inconveniences you have experienced during breakfast at Brasserie Les Saveurs and dining at LaBrezza. We have shared your invaluable feedback with the necessary departments. Please be assured that appropriate trainings and amends will be in place to ensure that your next stay with us will be truly beyond expectations.