“Luxury and Comfort at the peak” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The St. Regis Singapore

Ranked #22 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Bengaluru, India
“Luxury and Comfort at the peak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

St. Regis, Singapore is the ultimatum on Luxury and Comfort. The staff are genuinely courteous. The food quality is awesome. The ambiance is out of the world. I specially admire the style and quality of their promotional material. In a nutshell, St. Regis Singapore is am epitome of luxury and comfort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear ThampiNellikala,

We are extremely delighted your St. Regis experience with us was truly beyond your expectation. Thank you for your kind words, and we certainly hope to welcome you back again soon.

The St. Regis Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

the check in was terrible experience but everything else was super! the rooms size was perfect and new furniture, the room also has Bose surround system.. no Nesspresso machine though.
restaurants and lounges are very nice.the location not far from Orchard Rd. highly recommended hotel

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear SAZ040,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your invaluable feedback of your stay at the address where timeless elegance resides. We truly appreciate it, and we would like to also thank you for your kind words.

I have shared your comment on our check-in procedure with the team, and rest assure that the necessary amends and training will be in place.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had a chance to stayed at the St Regis for a night on business and was impressed by the very nicely decorated room and spacious bathroom. Top quality furnishings and highly comfortable especially the beds. Enjoyed my stay and will certainly love to return some day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear jtham,

Thank you for your generous praise of your St. Regis experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back for more stays in the near future here at the address where timeless elegance resides.

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

The location was good - 10 min walk from the MRT. They have a pillow menu which was nice. The food was good. The room was spacious and clean. Staff were very nice. However, I am disappointed with my stay given that it's a six star hotel, my expectations for the amenities in the room at St. Regis were not met.

There were a couple of things in my room that were out of order and poorly maintained.
First, the speakers in the bathroom and the bed reading light were out of order. I asked the butler to send someone to fix it while I'm out for dinner. However, it never happened. This was the biggest disappointment for my stay.
Second, (these were probably of a lesser concern), the sofa in my room was worn out. The pool was tiny and you could see stains on the divider next to the pool.

Just because it was St. Regis, my expectation was a little higher than normal. However, I think it was very reasonable that I'd expect the hotel to check that the amenties were in working order before they checked us in. They should also follow up with my request on maintenance. I only stayed there for 2 nights so I didn't bother to ask the hotel to move me to another room.

There is a wide selection of nice hotels in singapore, and I am not sure if I'll go back to St. Regis again given that with the same price, I could have stayed at hotels of the same class with similar price, probably with well maintained facilities and the same quality of service. It'd be better if they could run less systematic and add more personal touches to make it a pleasant stay, but just doing the basics is properly what they should focus on first.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NLzy
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear NLzy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review here on TripAdvisor. Thank you also for your invaluable feedback. First of all, we would like to apologise that some aspects of your stay with us were not to your exacting expectation. It is truly unbecoming of a luxury hotel like ours, and there is indeed no excuse for such unfortunate shortcomings.

We value you as our esteemed guest, and we pride ourselves in providing all of our guests with the utmost of bespoke hospitality. Rest assure that the necessary amends and training will be in place to avoid such incidents.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Omg. How do I even begin.
First, the positives. Loges and Hayato. Loges for organising our luggage for us and Hayato for his enthusiastic and helpful dinner recommendations.
And that's about it. Everything was simply downhill after that:
1. Our so-called butler was missing in action and only showed up about 2 hours after we checked in today. When we finally saw her, we asked if she had any restaurants to recommend for a nice dinner and she told us to go to TCC! When we pointed out that TCC was merely a coffee place, she said that TCC served pasta too! We stressed again that we would like a nice place for dinner. Well, it was obvious she had absolutely no idea, so said she'd get back to us. That was when Hayato took over and provided us with some wonderful suggestions.
2. The room has two guests but obviously one of us is invisible. We arrived back from dinner to find that the room had been turned down for only one.
3. I was slightly scalded by hot water because the cold tap, which is supposed to have cold water, had hot water flowing out from it! Engineering came to check and told us that oh, there's some piping issue which they have been rectifying. Don't you think that if there is a problem with the water temperature, you should notify the guests and not wait till the guests are scalded when they use the tap?!

For a St Regis, this is all really unforgivable. I brought up the first and second issue to the front desk who did nothing but just apologise. Fine. Then I went back up to my room and encountered the water issue. Totally unacceptable! I immediately called the duty manager and voiced my dissatisfaction. Again only apologies offered. But the damage has already been done. I am contemplating checking out tomorrow and moving into another hotel. What a horrible experience this has been. Not only that, I am totally embarrassed too. I invited a friend to come with me on this trip, having raved about the standard of St Regis and this is what she has to experience.
Seriously, St Regis Singapore. You need to buck up and relook your standards of service. We are willing to pay a premium for your hotel but when we do, we expect a certain level of service excellence and this is definitely not it!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank lostlikeme
Dear lostlikeme,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. First of all, we have to apologise that some aspects of your stay with us were not to your exacting expectation. We have noted your invaluable feedback.

We certainly pride ourselves on providing bespoke service at the highest standards, and we hope you appreciate the follow-up we afforded you while you were still in residence with us. We value you as our esteemed guest, and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

One of the finest properties I have stayed in. Very good and prompt service, great food and bars (esp. the Decanter) and very good location.

Would strongly recommend business travelers to check it out

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear AbhirajBhal,

Thank you for your kind words of your St. Regis experience with us, and thank you also for taking the time to share them with your fellow travellers.

Currently, Decanter has been closed and is going through a revamp. A new dining experience will take its place, and we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon.

Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

My partner, mother, grandmother and I all stayed at this beautiful hotel in the heart of Singapore. Our reason for choosing the St Regis was simply because we received a brilliant deal off Expedia.com, however we never expected what we found once we arrived. We were amazed from wo to go by the sheer lavishness and luxury of this property. No detail went unnoticed during our wonderful stay, and we never wanted to leave. From the fine detail that goes into the layout of the rooms, and the showers with generous showerheads, and also triple back jets, to the free unpacking service and the care they take with even your smallest (and most personal) items, to the way you are smiled at by the staff. Nothing was forced: everything was genuine. The ambience of the property was brilliant, and the staff constantly offered friendly advice and tips without guests even having to ask.

Here come the thank you's now:

Thank you Brandon for checking us in. You made us feel so welcome, and you are a true asset to the St Regis. We weren't completely happy to hear that our rooms weren't ready for us to check-in to being that we arrived at 4.30 in the afternoon and should have been able to check in from 2, but you smoothed everything over and somehow managed to take enough time checking us in to ensure we could go straight to our rooms once done.
Thank you Alvin at the front desk for replacing our room keys free of charge with a huge smile when my Grandma lost hers. You were so lovely to deal with.
Thank you to all our dear Butlers for the wonderful job you did settling us in, showing us around our rooms, bringing us our teas and coffees, and unpacking our bags. Im sorry I cant name you all but we do appreciate it. And to the lovely male Butler who unpacked our bags and wrote us a note letting us know where everything was - thank you so much.
Thank you to the Concierge staff who helped us time after time with a smile. You perform your work seamlessly, juggling guests and phone calls - you are a true asset to the company also.
Thank you for the many door men who couldnt have been any more welcoming every time we arrived, you made us feel so special, and you look beyond adorable in your white suits.
Thank you to the lovely waiters in the Astor Bar - you were just so lovely and professional each time we visited, and we loved the live music (Roy Sinclair I believe his name was). Thank you also for continuing to serve my mum and partner Long Island Iced Teas through their giggles - We had a night to remember :)
Thank you to Push in the dining room - you are an absolute professional and your passion and dedication to your work shows. You also, are an immense asset to the property and they are lucky to have someone with your focus and commitment working for them. Thank you for the soy milks, the gluten free breads, and for sharing your beautiful stories with us. We miss you already!
And thank you to all the other staff in between, including your amazing breakfast staff who must deals with hundreds of guests a week, but still somehow remembered I take my coffees with soy milk by the second day of our stay.
From now I will always endeavour 100% to stay with St Regis Worldwide wherever we travel: we could not have asked for a single thing to be different during our stay. You perform a seamless operation and should be so proud of yourselves. Thank you thank you thank you. With love from Australia.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lead in rooms which were still beyond amazing. The decor was brilliant and the room...