“Superb hotel, room, amenities, service, would definitely come back”

Ranked #22 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
New York City, New York
“Superb hotel, room, amenities, service, would definitely come back”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

First St. Regis experience as a SPG gold member, can't be beaten! Location is a little west of the Orchard Rd shopping district but there's a supermarket west of the hotel for groceries and taxi can easily get to various tourist spots (e.g. Sands, Marina Bay) in reasonable time and cost.

Got upgraded to a double bed on a high floor with a nice view. Amazing room amenities, including shower with body water jets, slippers. Welcome anniversary & birthday cake was a nice surprise. Bed was super comfortable and a pillow menu(!) that you can order.

Gym and spa were fantastic (used sauna and whirlpool only), and staff were all courteous and went out of the way to help. Business center was well equiped.

I booked hotel on the SPG site at a pretty good rate. Would definitely come back as a SPG member.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear GeeTee54321,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your St. Regis experience with us. Thank you also for sharing it with your fellow travellers; we appreciate it very much.

The St. Regis Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Southern California
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Driving up to the hotel, you can tell right away that this hotel is designed for comfort and luxury. The bellman who greets you and takes your bag and directs you to the check in desks. The lady who checks you in while you comfortably sit at individualized tables in comfortable chairs rather than standing at a front desk. The same lady who walks you over to the elevator and whisks you up to your room. The butler who calls your room immediately and asks if he can come up and give you a tour and bring you a coffee or tea. Every one is so warm and friendly and helpful. There is no better way to describe the hotel other than comfortable, luxurious, fabulous.

We were upgraded to a corner room on the 9th floor, which was perfectly quiet and peaceful. The room was huge with a comfortable King bed, a large sitting area with a couch and a chaise lounge chair, a large work desk and an enormous bathroom. What else would you expect from a St. Regis?

The butler service is terrific and coffee and tea service brought to your room with the touch of a button on your phone is fantastic.

The only downside of the hotel is it's location on Tanglin Road away from the hustle and bustle of Orchard Road. It was about a 12-15 minute walk to the Orchard Road MRT station. But, at the same time, it was kind of nice to be a bit outside of Orchard Road as it provided peace and quiet.

I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in Singapore. Once you're treated to such luxury, you just can't imagine anything else

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear jstducky,

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with your fellow travellers. We are delighted to know you had a memorable time staying with us.

London, UK
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at the St Regis in Singapore for almost two months across several trips to Singapore for work earlier this year. The property is fantastic with well designed and appointed rooms, solid fitness facilities and excellent food.

The aspects of the hotel that I particularly appreciated are:
- customer service that is second to none. I consistently got the impression that the staff love working at the hotel and this shows through clearly in the way they engage with guests. No request was too much for the staff and the door men in particular are outstanding
- great rooms with Bose sound systems providing excellent sound quality and very well appointed bathrooms, with free standing bathtubs that my girlfriend particularly appreciated when she visited
- a good location, with Tanglin mall and the botanical gardens within easy walking distance. Nearest MRT is a short 10 mins walk
- a lovely pool, great for relaxing on the weekend
- great breakfast, with almost everything that one could ask for

There were only a few small things that I noticed that the hotel could do to further improve:
- decent coffee and juice at breakfast. I'm being picky, but a proper barista made coffee and fresh orange juice goes a long way for me in the morning. The W hotel in Singapore (also a Starwoods) property) manages to provide both, but the St Regis does not.
- lighting system in the rooms. Complicated and unpredictable. Selecting a lighting option often had unintended outcomes. The bathroom lights in some of the rooms came on randomly during the nighttime which disturbed my sleep. From colleagues, I understand that this is a common issue in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Day_Tripper_SR,

Thank you for your generous praise of your St. Regis experience with us, and also for taking the time to share it with your fellow travellers.

We have also noted your invaluable feedback, particularly of our breakfast service and the lighting amenities in our rooms and suites. I have personally shared them with the relevant department, and rest assure that the necessary amends will be in place.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a great whistle-stop stay at the St Regis. The hotel is a convenient base from which to explore Singapore - a 30-min ride from the airport and around the corner from the shops of Orchard Road and the breathtaking Botanical Gardens to a short tax ride from the bay area.

We arrived way before check-in (our flight landed at 6.15am) but the reception staff were welcoming and herded us in to the breakfast room for some much-needed caffeine and food, while they sorted out an early check-in.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The only distraction was the bedside controls for lighting and the blinds - there seemed to be no consistent way to get various lights on and off and much frustrated pressing of buttons was the order of the day!

Taxis are incredibly hard to come by in Singapore, so the helpful doormen who organized them for us were a godsend.

All-in-all, a great hotel and well worth a visit.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mandy B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with your fellow travellers. We would like to thank you also for your kind words.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on a recent business trip in an Executive Deluxe room. The check in was ok though the check in person was unaware of what was included in my rate and rather than verifying it he kept arguing with me until I provided him with the written confirmation that the reservations department of the hotel had sent me. This wasn't a big deal but it seemed a little unprofessional and after a long flight I was keen to get to my room ASAP. After that my stay was very good, the room was big, the bathroom was lovely with a tv in front of the tub. The bed was really comfortable and the breakfast was nice. I had a couple of drinks in the Astor bar which was great but it was expensive which I guess should be expected. The gym was also good with plenty of free weights and machines, my only comment regarding the gym is that it would be good if it was possible to buy energy bars or protein shakes in connection to the gym. Overall I really liked this hotel and if I can get a decent rate I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear romejune2005,

Thank you for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with your fellow travellers. We would also like to thank you for your invaluable feedback. We have noted them, and we are definitely looking into introducing the necessary amends.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 8, 2013

OmG!! what to say...i just love this place.The design and the decoration is quite of fine european hotels and the staff is very gentle with excellent service.Rooms are very spacious and comfortable.I am in LOVE with this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 786john,

Thank you for your generous praise of your St. Regis experience with us. We are delighted you had a memorable stay here at the address where timeless elegance resides. We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Arrival experience: Wow! Arts of state experience upon arrival, but upon check in my room is not ready due to special request was not casket down from the distribution channel. Delayed for at least half an hour plus!
# the receptionist only ask us to come back in half an hour...

Guest room: workman ship was really bad... My closet can't really close it properly with the lights on whole night/ throughout my stay.
* sleeping bed was sunk.

Bathroom: very spacious! Not attention to details or just me being too picky... Found out the hair dryer without the hair dryer jacket *(most of my stay with the 5* luxury hotel experience will have the hair dryer jacket, but not at the St Regis Singapore.

In-Room Dinning: was the most disappointment. Trolley push in without properly setup *(Chinese spoon was upside down, chopstick was not straight and boring setup. I don't blame there is no table runner or so but most important is the basic, if you positioning the hotel as five stars luxury.

Telephone Operator: when I ask for nail clipper/ nail cutter, the gentleman giving me all kind of excuses but at the end I got it from seven eleven.

* my suggestion if you don't have just answer we don't have. Room guest will understand.

Bell service: think they have done to best so far! Customer recognition and with the heart of serving. I give 5/5 points to them.

All the above incident might be the hotel running very high occupancy.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear CalvinLeong,

Thank you for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with your fellow travellers. We would also like to thank you for your kinds words. Nonetheless, we do have to apologise as some aspects of your stay with us were not to your exacting expectation.

We have noted your invaluable feedback, and I have personally shared them with the relevant department. Rest assure that the necessary amends will be in place, and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.