“Great Service!”

Ranked #29 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I am a Singaporean and able to experience St. Regis for the first time when a friend visited here. I would say that the service is amazing. I would highly recommend Astor Bar if you want to unwind and enjoy some of St. Regis house drinks. We were catered nicely of all the staff on duty. I would highly recommend Jacquelyn, Cristian and Erlo. Thanks Guys for giving us the best Drinks you have.. All the Best..

• Stayed: June 2013
TheSRSManagement, Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear CarmenTan01,

Thank you for your kind words and wonderful praise of your St. Regis experience at Astor Bar. I have personally shared them with the team, and they would like to also thank you for your generosity.

We look forward to welcome you back to the address where timeless elegance resides.

Oscar Perez
Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage
The St. Regis Singapore

Write a ReviewReviews (2,211)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and best friends flew down to Singapore from KL for one night to celebrate my Bday.
We caught the matinee for Phantom of the Opera and I was treated a glorious dinner at Gunther's.
But our choice of hotel was ooh la la magnifique!
Service was top notch and every little detail is tastefully done.
The bedroom is gorgeous and well furnished. The feeling of plushness envelopes you when you're in it.
The bathroom is spacious that houses a proper tub with legs. There's also a rain shower with a ceiling to floor heated mirror on one wall!
The breakfast spread was good too.
Definitely a treat!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear RosieRoses,

A belated Happy Birthday from all of us here at The St. Regis Singapore! We certainly hope you enjoyed your time here in Singapore and your St. Regis experience with us.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here three nights last winter. The location is fantastic for shopping and eating. Pay for an upgrade to a suite if you can afford it, great additional amenities (i.e. free in room movies, free mini bar, free wine tasting, snacks and drinks at the bar included). The breakfast was also quite delicious. All anyone can ask for from a St. Regis property.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are very nice with double exposure
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Thomaskshie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with your fellow travellers. We are extremely delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and we are honoured by your wonderful praise.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Once in a while, when wanting to have this feeling of being away on holidays without leaving the country, we pack our bags and visit hotels in Singapore.

The St Regis is one of our regulars. We checked in at 1600 and we a bit sorry not to get upgraded (the suites were full) as a regular SPG platinum (we have had many upgrades previously). We were very happy with the panorama in our 19th floor room with a commanding view of Bukit Timah hills.

Service was very good at all point with a very prompt butler providing us with tea and coffee through the day (Alexandria was a favorite). Breakfast is a bit chaotic and we could tell the hotel was running very full.

Our little sanctuary is the Remede Spa pool which has steam room, sauna, jacuzzi that we visited twice on this occasion. We even used the outdoor pool which is normally far to cold to venture into but warm weather and no rain helped the temperature to rise slightly above the freezing level it normal shows.

The breakfast was fantastic as usual and we were able to order the Roti prata with chicken curry (no longer on the menu but they will still serve it if you ask). We were sorry to leave our room after such a short but restful stay.

We will be back soon St Regis.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JohnSINSG,

Thank you for your wonderful praise of your St. Regis experience with us, and also for taking the time to share it with your fellow travellers.

We are glad you chose The St. Regis Singapore as your home away from home, and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed before at the St Regis of Singapore and I must say that I think this is the best hotel for my needs in the city.

The hotel is located in a modern building, yet feels classy and cozy. Location wise is convenient, close enough to Orchard Rd and all the happening but yet not on the peak of the heat. I went there with my girlfriend and my parents, we took two corner suites, we all loved it, nice living room, great bathroom, and very nice bedroom. I would say the only thing missing is a courtesy bathroom for guests.

The hotel facilities are great too, nice swimming pool and very good Spa. The food is good, the breakfast is nicely set and has a good variety, the down thing is the room service, I would say that is a bit limited for Singapore standards, (come one you are probably in one of the best cities for food in the world).

If anyone is an artist lover don´t miss the amazing art collection that this hotel has spread all over the building. Must see.

Again is a great hotel the rooms are nice, even the smaller rooms are amazing... I would recommend anyone to stay at the St Regis.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear AlejandroAlcaraz,

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travellers. We are delighted you enjoyed your St. Regis experience with us.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Simply one of the nicest room I had seen in a hotel ! With at least a surface of 50 m2, two sofas, a nice desk, a very large bathroom, you get plenty of space to be comfortable in this hotel. The bathroom is entirely in marble (I loved the Ploh bathrobes), the carpet in the room is very clean, the quality of the bed sheets is amazing, and the Bose sound system transforms the room into a small movie theatre!
A butler service is available - perfect to get a quick tea when needed, making this whole experience - although expensive - well-worth the price.
Unfortunately, apart of the room itself, the hotel is less impressing : the building is quite plain, and the pool is quite disappointing (no real changing rooms are available, the view is mostly limited to a wall).
The location is relatively good, a little of Orchard Road, about 10 minutes from the closest subway station (Orchard); it is in a quiet neighbourhood.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear sanji,

Thank you for your wonderful praise of your St. Regis experience with us. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share it with your fellow travellers.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon to the address where timeless elegance resides.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family and I have always stayed with St Regis when we go to Singapore. My husband likes it because it is away from the hustle and bustle of Orchard Road but still near enough to walk. However for me and my daughters, I reckon it is a fair way to walk when laden with heavy shopping bags. The underground walkway ends at Ion Shopping Centre and then we would have to walk outside before reaching the hotel. One time it rained like crazy and we had to wait it out. It was too far to run back and the taxi queue was crazy. Taxi queues in Singapore is crazy during peak hours and rain.

We had no complaints with regard to the service and cleanliness in St Regis, Singapore before. However, this time we found a chewing gum in the pocket of a robe! Eaten and chewed gum... Ewwww. When we requested for a clean one it took nearly and hour before it arrived.

We booked an adjoining room this time and one of the rooms was not ready when we checked in. After an hour the receptionist called and said that the other room is ready and they will send the key card up. It took them more than 30 mins and that was after we had to call and remind them to bring it up as we had to get ready for a show in the evening.

However I must compliment the staff out there under the porch. They were very courteous and friendly. They always greeted when we leave the hotel and welcome us back when we came back.

This time I realize they have those cards for the option of changing the linens and towels. I truly support and believe that this little bit of effort from guests is helpful for the environment. At home do we change our linens and towels everyday ? This card states that if we need our linens changed, place this card on the bed... Whereas most of the hotels usually have cards that say if we do not need a change in linen place this card on the bed. And usually in our rush out of the room in the morning , I usually forgot to place the card on the bed! There was this hotel I stayed in Tokyo, who actually reimbursed 1000 yen for every time you didn't need linen change. ( for every 2-3 nights if I remember well ) The rooms were cleaned and made up as usual. These vouchers could be used in their hotel shop. My daughters and niece and nephew got souvenirs and snacks as we stayed there for about a week. I think a little effort from a hotel who wants to practice being kinder to the environment is needed too because guests might think the cost of laundering the linens are already in the high rates that we pay, why can't we have fresh linen everyday when we are in the hotel?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Polli_L,

Thank you for the taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with your fellow travellers. First of all, we would like to apologise that some aspects of your stay with us was not to your exacting expectation.

We have noted your invaluable feedback, and I have personally shared them with the relevant departments. I have also noted your suggestion and we will most definitely take it into consideration.

In the meantime, we wish you a wonderful day ahead and we certainly hope to welcome you back again soon.