“Great Suites”

Ranked #21 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Barcelona, Spain
“Great Suites”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed before at the St Regis of Singapore and I must say that I think this is the best hotel for my needs in the city.

The hotel is located in a modern building, yet feels classy and cozy. Location wise is convenient, close enough to Orchard Rd and all the happening but yet not on the peak of the heat. I went there with my girlfriend and my parents, we took two corner suites, we all loved it, nice living room, great bathroom, and very nice bedroom. I would say the only thing missing is a courtesy bathroom for guests.

The hotel facilities are great too, nice swimming pool and very good Spa. The food is good, the breakfast is nicely set and has a good variety, the down thing is the room service, I would say that is a bit limited for Singapore standards, (come one you are probably in one of the best cities for food in the world).

If anyone is an artist lover don´t miss the amazing art collection that this hotel has spread all over the building. Must see.

Again is a great hotel the rooms are nice, even the smaller rooms are amazing... I would recommend anyone to stay at the St Regis.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear AlejandroAlcaraz,

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travellers. We are delighted you enjoyed your St. Regis experience with us.

The St. Regis Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Japan
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Simply one of the nicest room I had seen in a hotel ! With at least a surface of 50 m2, two sofas, a nice desk, a very large bathroom, you get plenty of space to be comfortable in this hotel. The bathroom is entirely in marble (I loved the Ploh bathrobes), the carpet in the room is very clean, the quality of the bed sheets is amazing, and the Bose sound system transforms the room into a small movie theatre!
A butler service is available - perfect to get a quick tea when needed, making this whole experience - although expensive - well-worth the price.
Unfortunately, apart of the room itself, the hotel is less impressing : the building is quite plain, and the pool is quite disappointing (no real changing rooms are available, the view is mostly limited to a wall).
The location is relatively good, a little of Orchard Road, about 10 minutes from the closest subway station (Orchard); it is in a quiet neighbourhood.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear sanji,

Thank you for your wonderful praise of your St. Regis experience with us. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to share it with your fellow travellers.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon to the address where timeless elegance resides.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family and I have always stayed with St Regis when we go to Singapore. My husband likes it because it is away from the hustle and bustle of Orchard Road but still near enough to walk. However for me and my daughters, I reckon it is a fair way to walk when laden with heavy shopping bags. The underground walkway ends at Ion Shopping Centre and then we would have to walk outside before reaching the hotel. One time it rained like crazy and we had to wait it out. It was too far to run back and the taxi queue was crazy. Taxi queues in Singapore is crazy during peak hours and rain.

We had no complaints with regard to the service and cleanliness in St Regis, Singapore before. However, this time we found a chewing gum in the pocket of a robe! Eaten and chewed gum... Ewwww. When we requested for a clean one it took nearly and hour before it arrived.

We booked an adjoining room this time and one of the rooms was not ready when we checked in. After an hour the receptionist called and said that the other room is ready and they will send the key card up. It took them more than 30 mins and that was after we had to call and remind them to bring it up as we had to get ready for a show in the evening.

However I must compliment the staff out there under the porch. They were very courteous and friendly. They always greeted when we leave the hotel and welcome us back when we came back.

This time I realize they have those cards for the option of changing the linens and towels. I truly support and believe that this little bit of effort from guests is helpful for the environment. At home do we change our linens and towels everyday ? This card states that if we need our linens changed, place this card on the bed... Whereas most of the hotels usually have cards that say if we do not need a change in linen place this card on the bed. And usually in our rush out of the room in the morning , I usually forgot to place the card on the bed! There was this hotel I stayed in Tokyo, who actually reimbursed 1000 yen for every time you didn't need linen change. ( for every 2-3 nights if I remember well ) The rooms were cleaned and made up as usual. These vouchers could be used in their hotel shop. My daughters and niece and nephew got souvenirs and snacks as we stayed there for about a week. I think a little effort from a hotel who wants to practice being kinder to the environment is needed too because guests might think the cost of laundering the linens are already in the high rates that we pay, why can't we have fresh linen everyday when we are in the hotel?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Polli_L,

Thank you for the taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with your fellow travellers. First of all, we would like to apologise that some aspects of your stay with us was not to your exacting expectation.

We have noted your invaluable feedback, and I have personally shared them with the relevant departments. I have also noted your suggestion and we will most definitely take it into consideration.

In the meantime, we wish you a wonderful day ahead and we certainly hope to welcome you back again soon.

Washington, DC
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Check in was easy and FHR early check in & upgrade was honored without asking... so far so good. The stay was pleasant and the service was truly great. We went out for a run and the door staff had cold bottled water ready for us when we got back (welcomed us back by name and asked if they could get us anything else).

The room was great and amenities were awesome. No view of Orchard road, but a nice view of lots of green.

Fitness center had a bum AC and since it was the last day of our trip the front desk offered to do "a bag of laundry" to compensate the fact that the AC was out. Imagine my surprise when we had over $400USD in laundry charges on our bill (and the employee who offered it was no longer there of course). The manager did eventually drop the charges, but only after 20-30 minutes of discussion. At a hotel like the St.R they should really stand behind the word of their employees even if he would not have made the same offer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SoundGuyDC
Dear SoundGuyDC,

Thank you for your kind praise of your St. Regis experience with us. However, we do have to apologise for the slight inconvenience you had during your last day at the hotel.

We have noted your invaluable feedback, and rest assure that the necessary amends will be in place to ensure that such incident will not occur again in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is the only hotel I have ever stayed at in Singapore and they continue to give me no reason to try another. The staff is warm and welcoming and the rooms are very nice. The property is centrally located and it is easy to get around. My one concern has been the morning breakfeast buffet the food is outstanding but the tempature in the room is like you are on the streets of Singapore (warm & humid) not a great way to start the day in a suit. Overall the hotel represents well the St Regis Brand

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dubin115
Dear Dubin115,

We are extremely delighted to note that your stay with us here at The St. Regis Singapore is truly beyond your expectation. Nonetheless, we have also noted your invaluable feedback on the ambient feel of Brasserie Les Saveurs during breakfast service.

Rest assure that the necessary amends will be in place, and your comments have already been shared with the relevant departments.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My friend and I had a one-night staycation at the St Regis Singapore recently for my belated birthday.

I booked a Grand Deluxe Room at the St Regis Singapore through the hotel’s website, and arrived at the hotel after check-in time, about 4pm. As I am a Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) and this is my second staycation with the hotel this year, I was hoping for a room upgrade that would delight my stay.

Upon checking-in, I informed the staff that I was there to celebrate my belated birthday and requested to be upgraded to a better room or a suite if available. The staff processed my check-in promptly but informed me that due to high occupancy at the hotel, he was unable to upgrade me to a suite. He didn’t explain much about the room I was getting. After he passed me the key card to my room and explained my Platinum SPG benefits, I went up to the room, only to be disappointed that there was no upgrade at all! Upon checking the hotel’s website, I found out that better rooms and suites were still on-sale. While I understand that room upgrades are at the hotel's discretion, I was hoping for a little surprise for my belated birthday.

I went down to the check-in desk hoping to find the staff, but another staff was at the desk. I requested to see the manager-in-charge and shortly after, Ms Magdeleine Chew, the Duty Manager, came to attend me. My friend and I explained the situation to her and she assured us that she would do her best to upgrade us to a better room. Throughout the discussion, she was very patient and had a genuine smile. While waiting in the Grand Deluxe room assigned to us earlier, she also sent the butler to deliver two cups of iced coffee to the room.

My friend and I waited for about an hour before Ms Chew called us to inform that our new room was ready. Shortly after, another staff came to our room to pass us the new room key. Upon entering the new room, I was extremely surprised that she has upgraded me to a Caroline Astor Suite! This was a gesture out-of-the-ordinary as we understand that the Caroline Astor Suite is not part of the SPG room upgrade programme. The suite was big, lavishly furnished, and incredibly comfortable. To top it up, Ms Chew also sent me a birthday cake, a bottle of red wine, and a beautiful hand-written birthday card! I was extremely delighted by the extra mile she took to create a truly personalised and memorable stay for us!

During the stay, my friend and I also tried out the Remede Spa, which has some of the best spa facilities among all the spas we have each visited so far. Moreover, the staff was very polite and patient in explaining the spa menu and prices, and even gave us a tour of the facility. The service was very good.

We enjoyed our complimentary evening cocktail at the Astor Bar, which is near the main entrance. The bar serves an interesting selection of cocktails such as the Chili Padi Mary which I ordered. The live-singing was marvellous.
It was also a refreshing start to a day to have our breakfast at Brasserie Les Saveurs. Although some reviewers have complained about the food not being up to the standard of St Regis, I think it was pretty good! The restaurant was also not too crowded, which is perfect to enjoy a relaxing morning. We particularly enjoyed the variety of main courses included in the breakfast. Yummy!

The staycation was truly memorable and probably the best I have had so far! I really loved the Caroline Astor suite and would like to thank the hotel and Ms Magdeleine Chew for a delightful stay that was most extraordinary!

1 Thank IstayIsay
Dear IstayIsay,

Thank you for your kind words of your St. Regis experience with us. We are extremely delighted that you truly enjoyed your stay here, and from all of us here, here's wishing you a belated Happy Birthday!

We have shared your wonderful praise with Magdalene and she would like to thank you for your kind generosity.

All of us here at The St. Regis Singapore look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at the St Regis for just 3 nights to attend a wedding, but it was perhaps the greatest 3 night hotel stay ever. I have stayed at many 5 star hotels around the world, but the St Regis was superlative. The Butler service was excellent: they attended to helping decrush the suits after 13 hours on the plane, and made every effort to help after the long journey there. The rooms were beautiful, and the bathrooms luxurious. Loved the multijet shower! The swimming pool was a superb way to cool down, and the Mojitos served perfect. Location is excellent for traipsing Orchard Road, without being directly amongst the tourists. One of the best ever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear SparepartsAde,

Thank you for your generous praise of your St. Regis experience with us, and we would also like to thank you for taking the time to share it with your fellow travellers.