“IF YOU LIKE THE ORCHARD ROAD AREA”

Ranked #21 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Istanbul, Turkey
“IF YOU LIKE THE ORCHARD ROAD AREA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

A calm and peaceful hotel which never looks crowded. Rooms are tasty and created with attention to detail, but not all of them works to your advantage. Takes time to learn light controls. All up and all down curtains also not so convenient. Working table, sofa, music system and the butler service, on the other hand, adds value. Breakfast room is airy and comfortable though for western taste there could be more variety of food. Beware: breakfast included condition works only if you eat in the restaurant but not if you eat it in your room. Pool area very small and uninspiring. The small Italian restaurant by the pool offers very good food. Spa is also very nice with professional staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tomruk O
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear tomruko,

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your St. Regis experience with your fellow travellers. We have noted your invaluable comments, and have shared them with the relevant departments. We look forward to welcome you back to The St. Regis Singapore.

The St. Regis Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

The setting of the hotel is elegant and luxurious all the way from the lobby to the rooms. The butler service is simply impressive and readily at your service! Great stay and very conveniently located near the hyped Orchard Rd. for shopping spree and spoilt for choices of cuisines.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Amberain
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Amberain,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Singapore, and we are extremely thrilled to know that your stay with us was one that is truly beyond your expectations. Thank you also for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travellers. We look forward to have you back with us here at the address where timeless elegance resides.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Whenever we stay in Singapore for a night or two, we try to stay in the St. Regis. A wonderful hotel with great staff. Their airport transfer with the Bentley is great, too. And my wife still talks about the massage...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Markus F,

Thank you for your wonderful praise of your St. Regis experience with us. We are glad we have made your stay with us a truly memorable one. We have shared your wife's compliments of the spa with our team at Remede Spa, and we look forward to welcome you both back with us.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Visited again on business and the service was appalling again. It began at check in when I handed over the Starwood card to be told I couldn't use it as it was in my husbands name. 3 weeks before I had used the card and the receptionist at that time looked up the number for me under my husbands name!!! For a 5 Star hotel you check in and just pointed from the reception to the lift. The rooms are very nice and the butler service is top notch. Breakfast was a good selection but the service is crap. I stood at breakfast with my toast cooked and no plates when I asked they pointed to where the plates should be then wandered off for a good couple of minutes and came back with one plate. The poor person standing next to me is probably still waiting! The butt had run out but i finished my toast before i even received it. The coffee never came, there were no glasses for the orange juice and when they finally came out after about 10 minutes the orange juice had run out where people had refilled their glasses. I decided to go to breakfast earlier the following day to see if it made a difference but it didn't, so even though breakfast was included, I ordered room service one day and. All ate elsewhere on the remaining days. I have now asked my company to put me in any other hotel than the St Regis in future. It's a shame as the hotel is nice but the service is diabolical and if I had paid for this out of my own money I would have felt cheated and very upset. Come on St Regis, sort out the service and you would be top notch.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank 834HennieB
Dear 834HennieB,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Singapore as your address during your time here in Singapore. We do have to apologise that your experiences with us were not becoming of a luxury establishment like ours, and which is definitely expected of a St. Regis brand.

We pride ourselves on constantly and consistently delivering an exceptional experience to all our guests but it is indeed regrettable and embarrassing that we could not provide this in these instances.

Nonetheless, rest assure that we have taken note of all your invaluable comments, and we have also shared them with the relevant departments. Necessary amends are already taking place, and we want you to know that your next St. Regis experience with us will be one that is truly beyond your expectations.

We thank you again for sharing your experiences with us, and we look forward to welcome you back to the address where timeless elegance resides.

Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked this hotel when the regular room block at the Hotel a conference I was attending filled up. It was the same price as the upgraded room at the other hotel, but the comparison of the two was like night and day. The rooms here are amazing! Mine featured a large Bathroom, with marble floors and his and hers sinks, separate stalls for shower and toilet, and a large soaker tub in the center with a television and waterproof remote for entertainment while you soak. The beds were quite comfortable and the views I had from my room were quite nice, overlooking a park featuring "Old Singapore"-type houses. I absolutely LOVED the shower facilities! Mine had a large rain shower head for a good soak, a three head adjustable nozzle system for your back and a hand-held unit for all-over, all pressure adjustable from drizzle to fire-hose, depending on your preference.

The location was great, right off of Orchard Boulevard. A short ten-minute walk to the SMRT Subway system and numerous shopping centers and restaurants. A big plus is that unlike many other hotels where the taxi queue can be quite long at times, hailing a taxi was never a problem as taxis heading to Orchard Blvd for fares pass by this hotel first. Did I mention shopping? Shopping along Orchard Blvd is World Class! Any major global brand you wish to locate is within one of the large boutique malls right on Orchard and the prices are quite reasonable on a global scale. I was able to complete my gift shopping much quicker than usual.

Service was impeccable right from the start. I arrived quite early around 9AM, but they had a room available for me right away. The hotel features a butler service, which you can use for basic room services like shoe polishing, laundry and dry cleaning or daily coffee or tea service, or for far more complicated or exotic services like booking a tour, a fancy car, making restaurant reservations. Sort of like your own personal concierge. I took advantage of the three free clothing item pressings right away, which allowed me to be neat and presentable for the meetings I held later in the week.

If there were one gripe I would have it would be the breakfast. I took one look and skipped off to the Hawker Centers. For the price of breakfast at the hotel, featuring middle of the road Singaporean and Western fare, I could have breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon snacks at the Hawker Centers, which feature superior food, to boot.

On the whole though, Highly Recommended. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank uursw
Dear uursw,

Thank you for your glowing review of your St. Regis experience with us here at The St. Regis Singapore. We are glad we have provided you with a memorable stay. We have taken note of your invaluable feedback on our breakfast service, and rest assure that we are already looking into enhancing our breakfast experience for our guests. We look forward to welcome you back.

New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I did not stay at St.Regis but I sought it out for the spa which had received good reviews. I was disappointed and would not go back.

I had booked a service that included a pre-bath brushing and dead sea salt soak, and I was not offered either despite my express request. I was very keen on the dead sea salt soak because of its "therapeutic and rejuvenating properties", as advertised in the brochure and on the website.

Since it was too late to change and get out, I went through with it. The staff were nice enough, but I was surprised that no one knew seemed to know what went into each service they were offering. The Manager of the spa first tried to tell me that the dead sea salt was actually pre-mixed in the water in an attempt to counter my complaint, when this was completely false from a plain reading of the spa brochure! They gave me a 20% discount, but honestly, this did not mean much because I still did not get what I had come to the spa for.

Yes, its swanky and clean. But you had better spell out what you're expecting instead of hoping that they will deliver what is promised in the brochure.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear swathi_sukumar,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on your experience at Remede Spa. I believe our Spa Director has reached out to you, and we do have to sincerely apologise that your experience did not live up to your exacting expectations. Nonetheless, necessary amends are already in place, and we look forward to welcome you back to Remede Spa.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the St Regis. The butler services are first class. Location of the hotel is perfect as its a stones throw away from Orchard Road with easy dining options and fantastic shopping. Thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear D M,

Thank you for your kind words, and for sharing your wonderful St. Regis experience with your fellow travellers. We look forward to welcome you back to The St. Regis Singapore.