“Top notch hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Ghent, Belgium
“Top notch hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Top notch hotel with all the amenities and luxury you might want. They gave me first a smoking room without asking. This is rather a miss for 5 star hotel. They did change the room then and accomodated me very well. Rest of the stay was excellent. Close to orchard road shopping if you are into that.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear snakedriver,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at The St. Regis Singapore despite the room allocation issue. We have shared your comment with the Director of Front Office and we would like to ensure you that your next visit to The St. Regis Singapore will truly be beyond your expectations.

The St. Regis Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I don't know when was this hotel opened, but it seemed a bit worn already. Still very nice rooms with a lot of space to move. On higher levels the views are nice.
Location. Just next to Orchard so lots of shops within a walking distance from the hotel.
Pool. Small pool, but still nice. Went there in the morning while people were having breakfast just a couple of meters from me. Felt a bit weird but still ok. Hotel also has a good Finnish sauna.
Service. Very good service and the staff knows the city very well. Concierge was very helpful.
Breakfast was average and had to wait for a couple of minutes to get a table at 8am.

Room Tip: Stayed Executive Deluxe Non-smoking
Dear LittleFox77,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Singapore, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to thank you for your comment on our breakfast service, and we want you to know that we have shared this with the Food & Beverage department. We hope to welcome you back to The St. Regis Singapore in the near future.

North Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband, daughter and I were at the St Regis for Christmas and it was amazing. The service and genuine caring shown by the staff should be an example to all. We dined in Les Savour for Christmas lunch but also for breakfast each day and the food was devine. Our room was a small suite and the amenities and furnishings were very luxurious. It took us a little while to work out the lights, though.
Unfortunately, hubby and I fell ill (NOT from the hotel) and had to have the doctor called. Once the staff knew we weren't well, different people called by our room or phoned just to check on our daughter and to make sure she was OK.
Can't recommend this hotel enough. The location is fabulous too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Cootch,

Thank you for your glowing review, and we are extremely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The St. Regis Singapore. We are proud to share that it is always a St. Regis legacy to care for our guests with our bespoke hospitality.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

This was our third stay at the St Regis in Singapore - twice with the family and once with just my husband . It was again an absolute pleasurable stay and this hotel is like a luxury oasis in the middle of Singapore, so close to shops and restaurants. The rooms are spacious and the bathroom is total luxury , and of course the beds are huge and comfort plus - tempting to spend all day lazing in bed. Especially as the rooms have a full personal butler service on call for any need .
( we have tested this in the past when my son was sick and the butler found panadol from 7 eleven at 1am in the morning )
The breakfast is the best we have had in Singapore and certainly rates high in any Asian hotel we have stayed in. Our only criticism would have to be the check in procedure is very clumsy and slow and one of our rooms ( we had booked two ) wasn't ready until 6pm. We also had to move rooms as they were'nt adjoining as requested and this held up the process by another three hours .
if you get the check in right St Regis , then the experience will be perfect . You will see us again in the future .

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TheSRSManagement, Director of Rooms at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Dominique B,

Thank you for returning back to The St. Regis Singapore, and we are delighted that your experiences with us have always been truly memorable ones. We have taken note of your feedback this time on our check-in experience, and we have shared this with our Director of Front Office to ensure associates are re-trained on this particular task to ensure that the next time you are back with us, your St. Regis experience will once again be beyond your expectations.

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel on a four night stay. I checked in and was informed that all the suites were full and so there would be no SPG platinum upgrade to a suite, instead they had 'upgraded' me to a twin....although described it as 'The Lady Astor room with two oversized beds'. It sounded ok at first... although once i saw the room, i realised it was actually a corner room with a very small window and fairly standard twin beds. This was a downgrade rather than an upgrade. I then spent an hour moving between rooms to get something reasonable, which involved getting the duty manager involved. This was a terrible start to a stay that just went downhill from there. I then ordered room service and given that they had an italian restaurant thought that Spaghetti Bolognese would be a reasonable option. This arrived within a reasonable time and was well presented, shame it tasted bland and was made from fairly poor quality meat. There are two options for breakfast, one in the 'Italian Restaurant' and buffet style in the ground floor restaurant, which i think is meant to be the French restaurant. I decided upon the ground floor breakfast buffet. Despite being told the hotel was fairly busy (all suites full) breakfast was fairly empty at what should have been a fairly peak time. The buffet had obviously been sitting there a long time and looked not only fairly un-appetising but also very limited for a 5*star hotel. In fact it was the worst breakfast i have had in any SPG hotel in the last 12mths. This is based on staying over 60 nights in hotels in 2012. Clearly other guests had found the same and decided to opt for either room service or the Italian restaurant. I also tried the Italian restaurant on two occasions during my visit, the first was lunch by the pool (which is served from the Italian restaurant), where not even a salad could be prepared properly. It had to go back to the kitchen twice to have all the ingredients included. Service is so poor that not even the waiting staff noticed that the chef had omitted fundamental components of the meal before serving it. Breakfast was no better experience, again very poor choice but at least this time the food had been freshly cooked. Shame the staff could not get the ordered breakfast items on the correct plates - we ended up scraping parts of meals between plates to correct the order.

I could go on and on about the service at this hotel, but frankly it was like 'Faulty Towers'.
Concierge dont answer the phone within a reasonable time and there is no call cover by reception
Doorman had the initiative to take bags whilst waiting to pay bill on checkout and even asked where i was going - but then failed to organise a cab and just dumped bags on the floor outside the hotel
There was a reasonable wait to checkout and no initiative by the hotel to offer any form of express checkout (which other lesser brands offer); so i was left waiting whilst receptionists/ managers took complaints from other guests.

So in summary, you will like the visual appearance of this hotel, but you will be very disappointed by any perks you might expect from SPG status and expect at best 2* service with poor quality food.

Generally a very poor customer experience from start to finish, and from a combination of my experience of consistently poor service, other complaints from guests during my stay and finally other reviews i have noticed on Trip Advisor there is clearly some major issues that this hotel needs to sort out.

Room Tip: Go for the basic room - the upgraded rooms are not worth it in my opinion.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear HewiLondon,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Singapore, and we would like to thank you for sharing your invaluable feedback about your experience with us. We sincerely apologise for the lapse of service in multiple areas. The Management has taken this seriously and all Department Heads concerned have taken necessary corrective actions on your feedback to avoid recurrence. Rest assured that you will be experiencing our bespoke hospitality on your next visit to The St. Regis Singapore!

Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are some of the nicest I've ever been in. The hotel is brand new, and well worth the price. In fact, once we arrived and took in everything, were shocked the price was so low. The showers are incredible. There is a separate rain shower, a direct nozzle, and three different jets for back massage.
I think they may have read some of these review and upped there game as we had complimentary orange juice with our evening chocolates, and a kettle and full tea and coffee bar.
We never needed a butler for anything as everything we needed was provided.
My only comment is to double check the wording on the breakfast menu by the pool. We both ordered off the menu and did not get anything from the buffet, but we were also charged for the buffet. It was our fault though for signing the check without paying attention.
We weren't too thrilled by singapore, all the shopping seemed designer, but the food was great. However, we both agree that we would be willing to come back to Singapore just to stay at the st. regis. In good news though, we have heard great reviews on the St. Regis in osaka, which is much closer!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lindsey N,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Singapore, and we are glad that your experience with us was a truly memorable one. We have forwarded your invaluable feedback to the relevant departments and we assure you that all necessary procedures will be taken to ensure that your next St. Regis experience with us will always be beyond your expectations.

Great Falls, Va
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

The St. Regis Hotel in Singapore has been described in at least one travel guide as "a 6-star" luxury hotel. It is beautiful, elegant and comfortable--no question. I had a deluxe garden room on the 19th floor, and it was spacious, clean, comfortably furnished and elegantly appointed, with plenty of closet space and a magnificent view. The bathroom was also large, swathed in marble, with double sinks, a private WC, shower and free standing tub. The public areas of the hotel were also luxurious, and "physically," the hotel is the equal to any other luxury hotel I have stayed in, such as the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong or Bangkok. The location, just a block and a half off Orchard Road, is to my mind perfect, affording all the fun and convenience of Orchard Road but in a quiet, peaceful setting. However, one chooses to stay in a luxury hotel for more than elegant furnishings. One expects luxury service also, and in this area, I would rate the St. Regis with a very ordinary Holiday Inn. From the time my arriving flight was met at the airport by one man who was the hotel greeter, baggage handler and driver all-in-one and who allowed me to wait by the terminal door for twenty minutes after meeting my flight before he pulled up in the hotel car, I thought something might be amiss. When I arrived at the hotel, I had to queue in the lobby to check in, rather than be escorted to my room to check in there as other luxury hotels do. When it finally was my turn to step up to the check-in desk, I was told that my room was vacant but would not be cleaned for 30 minutes. I waited in the lobby lounge, and 45 minutes later, I was told that it would be another 30 minutes before I would be allowed to enter my room. This is all standard fare for a ordinary hotel, but for a "6-star" luxury hotel with room rates of $600 U.S. per night? If any reader would like to contact me, I can offer a half-dozen other examples of my less-than-satisfactory stay at the St. Regis Singapore, but on reflection, I have come to the conclusion that the fault lay not with the staff--they were uniformly polite, friendly and attempting to be helpful. The fault is with the management processes they have to follow, and those processes are established and enforced by the hotel management. The bottom line--I would not recommend the St. Regis Hotel unless you are willing to pay 6-star prices for a 2-star stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mkblev
TheSRSManagement, Front Office Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Mkblev,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Singapore. We have noted and are currently reviewing all your feedbacks with the relevant departments. We ensure you that all necessary measures will be taken to rectify the shortcomings and we look forward to welcome you back to The St. Regis Singapore.