“Wounderful Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The St. Regis Singapore
Ranked #23 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
“Wounderful Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions. Both times I was completely satisfied. Unlike many modern hotels the rooms are large and have high ceilings giving a very spacious feeling. The restaurants are good but you do have to make reservations for them since they are perpetually full.

The one complaint I would have is the selection of pay per view movies is tragic at best.

I also wanted to mention that I read the reviews of the hotel and found the ones complaining of bad service to be perplexing. I can report absolutely no issues. Everything worked like clockwork, all staff behaved in a very professional manner.

I would and will go back to this hotel every time I visit Singapore. It is simply better than the rest.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Stayed in room 1517. Spacious room filled up with technology (incl Bose sound system). The deco is not my taste (prefer contemporary style) but all in top shape and maintained in such a way that i felt the hotel opened yesterday, and all perfectly clean. The staff were well selected and trained - came across as genuinely polite and humble. Setting for breakfast and selection items great too. We have not seen all hotels in Singapore but this is certainly one of the best. The only negative comment stop charging for internet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

If you want to experience one of the best hotels in Singapore, then definitely give St. Regis Singapore a try. From the moment I walked into the lobby I was greeted by a friendly doorman and was immediately taken through to the check-in area where it didn't take long for them to show me to my room. The room was very generous in size as there was plenty of wardrobe space, a sitting/couch area and one of the most spacious and luxurious bathrooms. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, the only complaint I have is that they were too comfortable and I simply didn't want to get out of bed in the morning! St. Regis is also located in a very convenient part of town, just a short stroll away from Orchard Road shopping. The morning breakfast was also a delight where there was a great selection of eastern and western style food. It was certainly a treat to enjoy breakfast at St Regis in a light filled room just beside the pool. The only fault I found whilst having breakfast were the non-attentive waitstaff. I had to wave my hand several times to get their attention for a refill of tea, but perhaps that is just the quality of service in Singapore generally speaking, which compared to Thailand, they still have a fair way to go. I can't speak in terms of value for money, as I didn't have to pay for my stay (business travel), but I certainly do recommend it if you want to experience top quality luxury in Singapore. I have stayed in other mid-range to 5 star hotels in Singapore before, but this definitely topped them all!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
De Panne, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

The room, the check in and the friendliness of the staff were 100%. We stayed in a hotel in the middle of the town and although we felt ourselves really on holiday. We made a trip of one month in Asia and the meal in the restaurant "Les Saveurs" was one of the best experiences we had on our whole trip. We were several times in Singapore and had experiences in The Four Seasons, Shangri-La, The Fullerton, The Mandarin Oriental and The Raffles but St Regis is really the best, and will be the address of our next visit to this marvelous town.

marc and annemarie

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I live in SE Asia (expat from USA) and have been to Singapore several times and stayed at different hotels - all good (except one and I wrote a review of same). This hotel is exceptional - I tend to only bother reviewing great or awful experiences. This is a wonderful hotel - has a boutique luxury feeling but also amazing business amenities. The rooms are spacious with beautiful furnishings and excellent baths. Rooms are very quiet. Food and service all you could ask for and location... Perfect. A stone's throw from Orchard but on a serene stretch of Tanglin road and very near GlenEagles Med center and the US and AU embassies. One block away is Tanglin mall with a variety of shops favored by moms and a few eateries. I will never stay any place else. The only caveat is that the rooms are very hi-tech - auto day curtains and blackout shades - Bose surround sound and iPod hookups and auto light settings for everything. Took a while for me to figure out if I wanted "cozy" or "welcome" and needed engineer to come a few times to help me with tv, listening to my iPod and even the air con. At this moment, i am waiting for someone to help me close the auto drapes but don't mind. Techies will love this place!

Room Tip: Corner suites are a bit larger.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed here during a three week business trip in November 2011. It was honestly one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. The rooms have an old world decor but are very new and the appliances and amenities are very modern. The type of service you get here is unrivaled. The hotels in Asia are definitely top grade in service but the St. Regis certainly took the cake! Would return here in a heart beat.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

My wife, sons and I had a very nice stay at the St. Regis Singapore. This is a great business hotel. If you are on business, it is the place to stay. Breakfast was great, our suite was spacious and clean. The hotel is incredibly quiet, which we like. The butler service was nothing but great. All good.

Nearby excursions not to miss for families include the Singapore Zoo (one of the best we have been to) and the Botanical Garden which was very tranquil.

We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family