“Dynamite service and elegantly furnished rooms”

The St. Regis Singapore
Ranked #30 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed July 23, 2011

What is there not to like about this hotel? My husband and I couldn't find any reasons at all.

First, the hotel is located right next to Orchard St, where you can shop to your heart's content. The botanical gardens are a 5 minute walk. It was nice to take a stroll/jog in the garden in the morning when it was still relatively cool outside.

Second, the service is dynamite. As soon as we stepped out of taxi we were warmly greeted and shown to a desk to check-in. The receptionist was very friendly and pleasant. Additionally, the butler service was fast and reliable. As soon as we called with a request, our butler arrived very quickly.

Third, the amenities are awesome. The wet spa (hot tub, steam room, sauna) is complementary with your stay. I loved being able to use the wet spa after the gym. My husband and I also got a couples massage at the spa. It was one of the best massages that I have ever had. Since we were on our honeymoon, the staff surprised us with champagne and chocolate cake after our massage!

Finally, the room is gorgeous. It is very large and has extremely high ceilings. The furniture and decorations are very classy and elegant. I really liked the bathroom as well. The free standing bathtub with a small flat screen in front of it is a nice touch.

On a side note, I recommend that you take a taxi from the hotel to East Coast Seafood. If you like spicy foods and seafood, then you must try the chili crab. Make sure you get the fried buns to dip into the sauce afterwards.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kfabbri

Reviewed July 15, 2011

We were in town for 4 days and wanted to be in the Orchard Road area. Selected the hotel based upon location, primarily. The place is very opulent & well appointed. We enjoyed nightly cocktails & the in room coffee / tea delivery was splendid. Would stay here again. A great value when you consider the total package.

Room Tip: I dont think that they have a bad room. I enjoyed the
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
StRegisSingapore1, Public Relations Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Dear Ashiyadudeman,

We are honoured that The St. Regis Singapore is your preferred address in Singapore, from our prime location at Tanglin Road, to the levels of comforts and enjoyment in our plush accommodation.

We are also delighted that you enjoyed our butler services including coffee and tea service, as well as the daily evening wine appreciation ritual for hotel guests. Thank you so much for the 5 star rating on TripAdvisor.

Warmest personal regards
Thomas Schwall

Reviewed July 13, 2011

There's no doubt that St Regis is one of the best hotel in Singapore. If luxury is your top priority then this hotel is the choice. I have been staying in this hotel for many times and I kept coming to St Regis every time I'm in Singapore. Rooms were delicately designed and built to perfection. The swimming pool was of a good size and simple. Never been to the spa but it looked interesting to try. Breakfast was perfect. Lots of varieties of western and asian choices. The only downside was maybe its location which was not in the heart of the Orchard road but it's not too bad...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GeorgeSingapore
Reviewed July 6, 2011

check in was smooth & they had my room ready. asked for late check out but it seems the girl checking me in automatically gave me late check out till 2pm which is initiative.The corner room was great,the Bose sound system was excellent and they had 2 cd for my listening pleasure. My friends who came to view the room was also impressed about the room and hotel. check in was good, so was bell service and other staff in hotel. money well spend. the only complain was the high charges for the internet service, thought starwood was not charging for wifi in Asia. anyway went around the corner to starbucks had coffee and free wifi,3mins walk. BTW the bathroom was excellent with tv facing the bathtub. Overall great place

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My partner and I are Starwood SPG Gold members and we stay at many hotels around the world and a lot of them are Starwood. This hotel is simply sublime. The 24 hour butler service is seriously fabulous, the rooms are beautifully appointed and the staff and management are insanely friendly, attentive and helpful.

From the minute you step out of your car at the St. Regis Singapore you will feel welcome, relaxed and you will have a great stay.

The Executive Room
The bathrooms in the executive rooms are larger than that of the grand deluxe but less space to put your clothes/bags etc. the showers in all the rooms catagories are the best I have ever experienced in a hotel room, the water comes at you from all directions and it's simply relaxing and soothing. The executive rooms are longer in shape than the grand deluxe and look over the pool.

The Grand Deluxe Room
The hand painted wallpaper accents in the Grand deluxe rooms and the view of the botanical gardens are what makes these rooms that little bit more special. They have gloss wooden doors and accents, the bathrooms are beautiful with in wall tv's above the free standing claw foot baths and fabulous amenities.

The butler service is fantastic, they will unpack your bags for you and on arrival don't forget to give them you 5 garments for pressing.

They will offer you fresh tea or fresh made coffee in the morning at any time delivered to your room,a real treat to wake up to and a hand delivered newspaper.

Over all I rate this hotel 6 stars as it truly is an experience. Although only a 5 star hotel as is the Singapore Sheraton, the Sheraton Towers is like staying at a motor Inn, tired, rude staff and awful amenities.

If you are staying in Singapore, there really is no other place to stay for true luxury !

Breakfast is great with Asian, American and western style choices with eggs to order as well as omelets.

give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

check my travel blog out for other hotels and restaurants that we have experienced.

Brad and Rob

Room Tip: all rooms at this hotel are sublime !
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I stayed at the St. Regis for a period of two days while I recently traveled to Singapore on a business affair. The location is great. The shopping area and the Botanical Gardens are in its close vicinity. The hotel is wonderful and its staffs are highly courteous. The room was lovely with good décor. The bed was clean with high quality sheets on it. There was a good supply of bedding material. The free internet access was a plus. Being there on business related matters I was in real need of it. The breakfast was great. The fitness center at this hotel is good with great amenities. I spent some time in it. I had a luxurious and comfortable stay at the St. Regis, though it was a bit expensive. I highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I was staying there for 4 nights, the total experience was good but not meet my expectation. As there is no exculsive service for SPG Platinum, and not provide the same stardard service by different day. for examep, when I checked in, they offered me a Fruit basket and second day they upgraded me to a suite and no fruit at all. sometimes housekpeer forgot to replace a new both gel. I wonder why? do they have a supervisor to check and should they maitain a same quality every day? will try another hotel next time in Singapore. been stay Grand Hyatt, Sheraton, actully, Grand Hyatt is best so far.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business