“Best service apartment in Singapore”

Orchard Parksuites by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #20 of 235 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I am currently working in Singapore on a contract and chose to stay at the Orchard Parksuites. This is my home away from home. The excellent staff looks after us very well and really make us feel at home. My room is perfectly cleaned everyday....they even do my dishes!!! Miss Xue Mei and her supervisor Miss Xiao Li do a great job here at the Parksuites and always greet me with a smile.
Very highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
JasmineChen, Manager at Orchard Parksuites by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear JPMallard

Thank you for your strong recommendations on us on TripAdvisor. We are proud to be able to provide you a Home away from Home feel at our residence. Your compliments on our staff and cleaning service is heartfelt and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Currently staying at Orchard Parksuites and whilst we would have liked a higher level apartment with better view we are still truly satisfied as definitely value for money. Helpful and supportive staff who are all friendly. Excellent free breakfast with lots of choice. Beds a little hard but easily rectified by staff with an extra quilt. Would definitely recommend and will return as excellent location. Love the pool area and gym which has been used daily by my adult children. We loved the Carlton with our last stay but this apartment is far superior both in accommodation, value for money and friendly and helpful staff. Thank you from Room 1307.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear HRwilltravel

We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments on our staff, breakfast, location and facilities are encouraging to us. Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and making Orchard Parksuites your preferred choice of accommodation. We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

My family and i always chose to stay at Orchard Park suites in the past 5 years. The location was very convenient, near orchard MRT station, ion orchard, wisma astria, takasimaya shopping centre, paragon, mount e hospital and etc. For indonesians, it was the perfect location cos it was so easy for us to go shopping, find food and to have medical check up. The 3 bedrooms was spacious and clean, the wifi in the room was so fast as well. Morever, the staffs were so friendly and helpful, especially Randy Manansala. He helped a lot what i need during my stay in OPS. So, i felt that OPS was like my second home. Overall, OPS provided the best location and best service apartment in town. I would like to highly recommend to travellers who want to spend time with their family in singapore to stay in orchard park suites. Everytime, i come to singapore, i look forward to staying in OPS.

Olivia Christine Nayoan
Surabaya-Indonesia

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
JasmineChen, Manager at Orchard Parksuites by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Olivia N

Thank you for your continuous support over the past 5 years. Your compliments on our location, rooms, service and staff is heartfelt and I will share your encouraging words with my team. Thank you for recommending us so highly on TripAdvisor. We will like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a Prosperous Chinese New Year. Gong Xi Fa Cai and we are also looking forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Orchard Parksuites has THE most amazing location, being slap bang in the middle of the Orchard area. But is that enough to rank it as the best serviced apartment building? After all, there ARE shortcoming as the building is ageing.. read on and I'll give you the most detailed review of this special accommodation option in this great city..

When I first searched for a serviced apartment in Singapore, I was told by a friend who had stayed here in a corporate lease that it's ageing. She particularly mentioned the dampness of the apartments and how this affected her husband's shoes placed in the wardrobes. Hence, I opted for the Pan Pacific Serviced Suites just down the road (please read my other review if you are also considering that as it has some significant shortfalls!). As my review reveals, that was a bit of a mistake as prices are higher than Orchard Parksuites (hereafter called OP) and apartment are tiny (hence the name "Serviced Suites").

So, this time around, I chose Orchard Parksuites/OP. The reservation team proved to be extremely helpful and took into consideration all of my requirements: balcony, good view, renovated unit. And when I was shown my apartment, it was exactly what I had asked for. I was happy from the moment I checked in. Furthermore, I found the gym adequate, the pool sizable, the laundry facilities convenient, and of course the location, absolutely superb (right behind ION shopping centre & Wisma Atria and by the side of the gigantic mall known as Ngee Ann City).

Yet, as I have hinted a few times already, there are shortcomings. Most of these are related to the age of this development (15-20 years old) and the reality is that it's hard to keep fixtures and fitting looking spanking new in the tropics. For instance, some tiles have come off in the pool, the jacuzzi in it doesn't work, gym equipment is close to retirement age, and the sauna has seen it's better days. And yes, there is some damp in the apartment especially in the wardrobes.. but it's not overwhelming nor a serious issue (and there are charcoal bags in them to minimize dampness, which is common in Asia). Oh, and also the breakfast is rather sad, especially in the last half hour before closing, being composed of simple basics.. but then again, maybe that's sufficient for some less discerning palates.

So overall would I rate this as a top accommodation option in Singapore? In spite of all the issues related to wear & tear, my answer is a resounding YES! The location of this building is simply amazing. No other building is as well located at the epi-center of everything in Singapore, being at the cross roads of Scotts and Orchard (Marriott Hotel is also central but it's pretty crummy). Furthermore, this building is well equipped with decent gym, large pool, laundry room, and even a car park. And the apartments are comfy and relatively spacious (for an urban jungle). Most importantly, the service is professional and the staff are friendly.

All in all, if you are staying more than a few days in Singapore, stay here! Issues such as the damp and wear & tear are far outweighed by a top quality and well-located accommodation choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated unit as these have more updated furniture. But "unrenovated" are nice...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Titillator
JasmineChen, Manager at Orchard Parksuites by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Titillator

Thank you for your detailed analysis, strong recommendations and most of all, your understanding on the challenges we faced with the age of our property.

We are delighted to hear that you have chosen us over our competitor. Yes, even though we come a long way in time, we do have the best location in town, good-sized pool with adequate sunshine, well-equipped gym and convenient facilities. As an experienced serviced residence operator, we are also staffed with a team of friendly professionals to handle your reservations, requests and last minute extensions of your booking anytime. However, we do hear your feedback on our Jacuzzi and breakfast spread, we will get look into getting this fix and adding more quality to the spread to further improve on our service.

Once again, thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and rating us as a top accommodation option in Singapore. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed at Orchard Parksuites many times with all my family. The location is very convenient, near Orchard MRT station, Orchard shooping centre such as ION,Wisma Atria,Takashimaya,etc, this is all within walking distance.The room that I stayed was a 2 bedroom, rooms are spacious and very clean. The free Wifi Internet is very fast, and the staff are all friendly. Daily breakfast except Saturday and Sunday. I personally would come back again to Orchard Parksuites,bring my family for holidays.

Room Tip: If you have kids, get the 2 bedroom
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
JasmineChen, Manager at Orchard Parksuites by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear NikoBenson

We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your many stays with us and that there will still be many more to come. Your compliments on our location, rooms, Wifi and staff are heartfelt. We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we wish you and your family a prosperous Chinese New Year.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were put up here as part of relocation from China to Singapore for a month. Even if you are a frequent traveler to Singapore, you just cannot beat the location of this serviced apartment. Rooms are spacious and can easily accommodate a family of 4. EVERYTHING from 7-11 to high-end store, is just stone's throw away. Rooms need a bit of renovation and so as the service. But overall, a great a place to stay if you want to be around everything.

Room Tip: Ask them to put you in the new wing and facing the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
JasmineChen, Manager at Orchard Parksuites by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear qb76

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed our location, rooms and convenience. We noted your comments on our renovation and service. We are working on some enhancement plans and hope to host you for an improved product on your next visit. As for our service, if you allow me to work on this, please share with us your comments if possible. You can reach me at jasminechen@fareast.com.sg

Once again, thank you for making us your preferred choice of accommodation and we look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We (a family of 3 - myself, my wife and our 6-year old daughter) stayed in Orchard Parksuites for 5 nights. The room is a 2-storey with cooking utensils and utilities on 1st level and the bedroom on 2nd level. In short it is way more spacious compared to any 5-star hotels in Singapore at similar rates. The service was excellent as the front office was really helpful and the cleaning service did their job well as we cooked most of the times. The location is perfect especially for us, Indonesians, who are really a big fan of Orchard Road: the shopping mecca. All these combined have made our stay as the best ever stay in Singapore as it really feels like home. We will definitely stay here again in our next trip.

Room Tip: We had a room in the corner where we had a nice view of a road next door and the swimming pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
JasmineChen, Manager at Orchard Parksuites by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear edwinws

We are delighted to hear that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments on our rooms and service is heartfelt and motivating to our daily roles. Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to hosting you and your family again soon.