Hotel 81-Bugis
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$169
$321
$200
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$215
$166
  • Restaurant
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$165
$142
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$200
MarinaBaySands
$183
$162
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$155
$127
$98
Travelocity
All reviewsslow connectionbudget place to staycheap shoppingwindow roombugis streetcomfort roomfree wififood shopsfire alarmrooms are smalleasy accessbasic amenitiesreception staffmrt stationaverage hotelconvenience storecomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2013

stayed for 3 nights. it was clean in a handy location staff were helpful and pleasant. would definitely recommend to anyone. rooms are small but that's all I needed. five minute walk to Bugis junction and MRT station

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank terry011168
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here for three nights on a quick break in Singapore. Singapore is clearly an expensive place and although I didn't think this hotel was cheap, by local standards it's pretty good value.

The location is pretty good; Bugis MRT station is maybe 5-10 minutes walk away (it depends in large part how lucky you get with the traffic lights when crossing the roads) and that provides fairly convenient access to places like Boat Quay. It's also handy for the airport, requiring only one change at Tanah Merah. Little India is a moderate walk away. The much pricier Intercontinental hotel is almost diagonally opposite.

I was unable to turn the air-conditioning in the room off, but it was less "draughty" than usual and I didn't feel the need to call down to the desk to ask how to turn it off. The control panel for the air-conditioning had buttons which had worn away quite badly, so it may have been a genuine fault rather than incompetence on my part. As I say, I didn't feel the need to pursue it.

The wifi had one of those hotel-style systems where the network itself is open but when you use the web browser it redirects you to a login page. Using Firefox on both my phone and laptop, the web browser decided the password was associated with whatever page it thought you were trying to get to, not the hotel wifi login page, so I had to keep typing it in manually every time. Once connected it did work fairly well though, and there was no charge for using it.

The room was pretty small; just enough space for a small bedside table at one side of the large bed and enough space to squeeze round at the far side. There was no wardrobe, just a few coat hooks on the wall. It was also windowless, although I'd read reviews and been warned about that and it didn't bother me too much. One wall had a mirror so it didn't feel too cramped.

The room did have a kettle and the hotel did provide a single sachet each of tea and coffee mix per day, which was a welcome touch if slightly stingy. They also provided free toothbrushes, which was more than I expected from a budget hotel.

Unfortunately I didn't sleep very well any of my three nights. It's hard to be totally sure, but I have to put the blame on the horrible vinyl mattress with just a thin sheet over it so you could still feel the slightly clammy vinyl. The bed sheets were slightly ripped or otherwise marked, but they were clean enough and the rips themselves didn't bother me.

I would consider staying here again, but if I could find somewhere in a similar price range and location without the vinyl mattress I'd probably try that in preference.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ZornsLemma
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Good hotel the reception dealt with my check in fast and efficient. The room was quite small with no window which I thought was strange. Apart from that the room was fine the bathroom was again, small but the shower was good. Housekeeping changed bedsheets ect everyday. The hotel itself was very clean and provided me with a good 'base' in Singapore to explore the city. Quite close to Bugis MRT station. All in all a good average hotel, good location and good price. Happy customer.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I just got back from hotel81 bugis today and I was chosen deluxe room for 3 nights. From what I've faced is that the overall is pretty ok, location is not far from train station and in between 2 stations in 2 different line. So, you can choose to use either line accordingly to your destination in each time. Around 5 minutes walk from both train stations. City link mall, raffles place, Suntec city, fountain of wealth and bugis area are in walking distance. And as everyone said, staff isn't so friendly, but quite helpful and blanket is so think to be honest.

Moreover, don't expect that the room will look exactly like pictures you saw, because there was a couch in a picture I saw in my room, but there was no couch and when I asked the staff, she said I must pay extra if I want couch.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Keen S
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Location is a great for trains but this hotel is no family hotel! Great if your travelling by yourself. Rooms are toooooo small. Rooms are rented out by the hour to working girls. As I said great place if yourself and u need a place to sleep. Shower, toilet and basin are too small as well. I wouldn't stay there AGAIN!!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends