Review Highlights
Amazing Singapore street food tour

Did the Chinatown Food Tour with Ai Lian who was very friendly, knowledgeable and a great tour... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
blighni
Newcastle, Australia
via mobile
China Town - Fantastic Afternoon with Ai Lian

Met our guide Ai Lian at the MRT and discovered we were the only two people on the tour so had a... read more

Reviewed December 26, 2018
Graham H
East Preston, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Singapore
from $113.17
from $82.00
from $111.68
from $31.54
More Info
All reviews kampong glam curry noodles food stops wonderful guide pandan cake city gallery popiah food culture cultural sites sugar cane juice hawkers markets his life maxwell hawker centre small group arab quarter chinese new year mrt station
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2016

Best place to try out authentic Singapore Cuisine.Nice beach view.
Try the famous Singapore Crab dish with Mantou buns !

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Raji P
Reviewed December 22, 2015

A walking food tour is one of the very best investments of time wherever you are and this was one of the best.The tour with Leo was fantastic. I won't tell you what we did because that would spoil the surprise of how this tour opens out to make you appreciate Singapore on so many levels. He also introduced us to food that some Singaporean foodie friends had never even heard of. Top marks Leo. When I return I will do it all over again!

Date of experience: January 2015
2  Thank NorthStar811116
Reviewed December 3, 2015

We took the Chinatown Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour this past November. As big lovers of Asian-inspired cuisine, we truly enjoyed the authenticity of the experience; An insider's look at the Chinatown Market, Hawker Stalls, and flavours that even Gordon Ramsay failed to replicate. Adding in a tour of the Urban Redevelopment Centre was a great touch! Even though it was raining, our Tour Guide had umbrellas at the ready and even diverted the tour route to help keep us dry!

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank Ben M
Reviewed October 28, 2015

We chose a Chinatown Food & Cultural tour organised by Food Tour Singapore, and could not have been happier.
For 4 hours we (7 of us) walked a lot, ate a lot (no complaints there) and learnt a lot thanks to Leo our wonderful, passionate and knowledgable guide.
Rather than have me waffle about what we saw, ate and did, I would recommend that you check out the website: foodtoursingapore.com. The tour is fully explained and is exactly as they say and is exceptional value for money.
I simply want to give this tour the thumbs up, and to say for my husband and I, it was definitely one of the highlights of our holiday. Thank you Leo.

Date of experience: October 2015
2  Thank Reece G
Reviewed September 7, 2015

My GF and I took this tour and were very happy with both the guide and food sampled. We considered it one of the highlights of our visit to Singapore. I've been there a few times - it was her first time in Singapore & overseas period.

My GF is a foodie and was not disappointed. The tour guide, Leo, was just wonderful and exactly what own would want from a local guide. Tons of local knowledge, humorous, entertaining, and personable. It was evident that he enjoyed what he was doing. We meat a few good folks from Australia and the UK.

The tour started at the Urban Redevelopment Authority (open to the public) with an overview of Singapore's history and re-development since it's independence. Great overview of Singapore's makeup.

Then came the food at various hawker centers throughout Chinatown. All good stuff and food that I would definitely eat again. Local dishes that the tourist may be afraid to eat b/c they don't know what's in it, but fun to explore.

I strongly recommend this tour. You will not be disappointed with this tour.

Date of experience: September 2015