Review Highlights
Amazing Singapore street food tour

Did the Chinatown Food Tour with Ai Lian who was very friendly, knowledgeable and a great tour... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
blighni
Newcastle, Australia
via mobile
China Town - Fantastic Afternoon with Ai Lian

Met our guide Ai Lian at the MRT and discovered we were the only two people on the tour so had a... read more

Reviewed December 26, 2018
Graham H
East Preston, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Singapore
from $100.48
from $57.00
from $82.00
from $42.00
More Info
All reviews kampong glam curry noodles food stops wonderful guide pandan cake city gallery popiah food culture cultural sites sugar cane juice hawkers markets his life maxwell hawker centre small group arab quarter chinese new year mrt station
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2015

We chose a Chinatown Food & Cultural tour organised by Food Tour Singapore, and could not have been happier.
For 4 hours we (7 of us) walked a lot, ate a lot (no complaints there) and learnt a lot thanks to Leo our wonderful, passionate and knowledgable guide.
Rather than have me waffle about what we saw, ate and did, I would recommend that you check out the website: foodtoursingapore.com. The tour is fully explained and is exactly as they say and is exceptional value for money.
I simply want to give this tour the thumbs up, and to say for my husband and I, it was definitely one of the highlights of our holiday. Thank you Leo.

Date of experience: October 2015
2  Thank Reece G
Reviewed September 7, 2015

My GF and I took this tour and were very happy with both the guide and food sampled. We considered it one of the highlights of our visit to Singapore. I've been there a few times - it was her first time in Singapore & overseas period.

My GF is a foodie and was not disappointed. The tour guide, Leo, was just wonderful and exactly what own would want from a local guide. Tons of local knowledge, humorous, entertaining, and personable. It was evident that he enjoyed what he was doing. We meat a few good folks from Australia and the UK.

The tour started at the Urban Redevelopment Authority (open to the public) with an overview of Singapore's history and re-development since it's independence. Great overview of Singapore's makeup.

Then came the food at various hawker centers throughout Chinatown. All good stuff and food that I would definitely eat again. Local dishes that the tourist may be afraid to eat b/c they don't know what's in it, but fun to explore.

I strongly recommend this tour. You will not be disappointed with this tour.

Date of experience: September 2015
3  Thank Nick D
Reviewed September 3, 2015

Leo you're amazing! I am so glad that we did this tour at the beginning of our holiday. Leo is so knowledgable and passionate about his country and his enthusiasm is infectious. My husband and I learnt so much about Singapore as it is today and the food was wonderful. Gave us the confidence to tackle the hawker centers and sample some wonderful food during our vacation. Thanks so much Leo!

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed September 1, 2015

Based on other reviewers, clearly we just happened to catch the tour on a bad day for the guide and for us. I've written to the company and they did reply back on my concerns and I hope they ensure others do not experience the same.

I would add that the issues experianced were specific to us and the day - it was clear that normally it would be a great tour as others have already reviewed.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank Shaun S
Reviewed August 15, 2015

Highly recommend this tour! I've been to a Singapore a few times after this trip and still very much remember everything I learned during my time with Leo (sorry for late review). Not only do you get the taste, but you get to learn about the culture and future of Singapore. A must do for all and great for all ages! :D

Date of experience: October 2014