See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 22, 2015 via mobile

This is an okay basic cheap hotel in the red light district. So it's fine if you are on a budget and not too fussy about the location.

It was clean enough and the staff were helpful.

If you would prefer not to stay here AVOID WOTIF MYSTERY HOTEL DEALS.

I took the risk with a mystery deal that landed me this place, and was charged more than the regular listed price on Wotif's own listing. Wot a ripoff.

After some painful communication with Wotif I was given a partial refund, but they ignored my request to cancel or change to a better hotel.

It's unfortunate that the hotel will be reviewed unfavorably by disappointed guests like me when it's Wotif that should be copping the flack.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Fragrance Hotel - Kovan, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2015

Thank you for your feedback.

We would like to clarify that Wotif is our online travel agent partner who had featured the 'Mystery Hotel' deal in their hotel promotion, which is not managed directly by the hotel. If this request had been lodged by Wotif to our hotel, we would have allowed you to amend your stay to another of our Fragrance Hotel outlet, which might be subject to a fee upgrade, depending on the hotel location you had chosen.

Reviewed November 17, 2014

Thank god I only stayed here for one night - I had just come back to Singapore from a sidetrip to Burma, and was heading back to the US the following day, and picked this place just as a location to crash for the night before my flight early the next morning. Mercifully this meant I only spent a total of like, 6 hours at this dump.

The place is called the "fragrance hotel" and man did they live up to that name - the first room I was given smelled like cigarette smoke even though this property is purportedly non-smoking, and when I complained and was moved to a new room, it smelled sickly sweet like some sort of cheap perfume or something. Whatever, I figured.

The bed felt like it was only a box spring, and was barely comfortable enough to get a few hours sleep on. I can't imagine what it would be like staying here multiple nights. Hallways were absolutely minute and tiny; with the housekeeping cart in the way I could barely get by. Staff was surprisingly decent; the only bright spot in an otherwise awful experience.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Riptor3000
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a pleasant stay here in Fragrance Kovan. The room was clean and neatly organised but the room is quite small for us and also there's window in the room. However the reception counter was friendly and helpful. We had a smooth and fast check in by the reception counter Liyana and ZhaoPeng. Their team work was wonderful. We would like to stay here again and if possible rooms with window for us next time? :-D
Thanks..

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank MiraShah
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is near Nex Shopping Mall & MRT Station. The room was clean but the cigratte smell is very annoying although the cleaner already spray some perfume in my room but still the cigratte smell won't go off.
Hotel reception Liyana & Zhao Peng was helpful and friendly. My friend add that they check in very fast. She mean their typing speed was awesome.
Overall our stay was a pleasant one although our room is small & no window.
Hope to stay here again with window room and no cigratte smell. haha ;)

Room Tip: Request room with window as the room is small
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Tengku Humairah N
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Fragrance Hotel - Kovan, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for staying at Fragrance!

I had taken note of your feedback concerning the lingering cigarette smell in the room. In fact, I wished to explain that our hotel is a non-smoking property and we do not allow smoking in the premise and rooms. However at times, there will be guests who flout the non-smoking rule. In situations like this, our Housekeeping Department will purify the air in the room with an ioniser. Regretfully, all the air ionisers had been utilised and was not available for use during your stay. Please accept my apologies for this matter.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through internet as saw that its a chain hotel. Was shocked to see the service, rooms and location. Location is really bad. No place to park a taxi outside the hotel. If you have luggage in the taxi, it's like a night mare staying at this hotel. Rooms are so small, you keep one bag and there is no space in the room. Bathrooms are smelly and too small. No shower curtain for the shower room. Will never come back here again

• Stayed: June 2013