This was my first stay at Le Grove but my parents who frequently travel to Singapore have stayed here repeatedly. Normally in a two bedroom, but there were 6 of us this time so we rented the 3-bedroom-3 bath.
- Two bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms attached while the third bedroom has a smaller bathroom outside. Considering the importance of space is in Singapore, the place feels very spacious and homey. It actually reminds me of a nice three bedroom condo in a nice suburb in the US. The bedrooms by no means gigantic, but they are nicely decorated and the good use of space doesn't make you feel cramped. All of us had 2 giant rolling suitcases and we were able to fit them all in perspective bedrooms with no problems.
- Fast internet. I will get back to the issue of the internet later, but for now, let's focus on the speed. We had no interrupted service during our stay. Wifi worked great even with 5 iPads-laptops being used at the same time, which included a movie streaming.
- good sized kitchen for those days you are sick of eating out (which seriously never happened when I am on vacation)
- nice amenities such as pool, gym facility. We took advantage of both and were pleased at the cleanliness of both. The gym is tiny with two treadmills, one elliptical and one bike machine for the lure of me I couldn't figure out how to use the 4 days I was there. Weights are also available. My only complaint about the gym would be the stuffiness of it. It is located in a basement type of room so there are no windows and when not being used, the air conditioner isn't on, so it gets really stuffy in there. Other than that, it is workable.
- free shuttle bus to town. I'll get to the location a bit later, but having this feature is a nice added value as taking a taxi to Orchard Rd does add up after awhile.
Can be improved:
- washer-dryer combo included which was a plus. However, I personally had never heard of a washing machine that's also a dryer so it took us a few tries to get it work. It would have been nice to include a direction on how to use. Not to mention, the trouble of locating a market that actually sold laundry detergent (no seriously!), so it would be nice to have such included.
- location - I personally have a mixed feeling about the location. I think it's nice that it's not on the busy part of the town (and you know how crazy busy Singapore can get), but it is also a pain to get back to after a long day of sightseeing or shopping (boy, Singapore sure has a lot of shopping!). You can try to walk but honestly,it's quite a hike up from Orchard Rd. My sixty year old parents had no problem doing so daily though which embarrassed me to no end as I preferred taxi.
- free continental breakfast daily except weekend or national holiday is a nice feature to have but honestly, I was "meh" about it. Everything that should be cold aka milk would be sitting out lukewarm for I don't know how long. I don't believe milk should be out in room temperature for that long. I ended up avoiding things like cereal for fear of getting sick, which left me with not a lot of choices. The spread included curry buns that were always the first to go and never got refilled, dinner rolls, donuts, fruits, yogurt (another thing sitting out in a luke warm temperature) and selections of cereals. I did however appreciate the espresso machine. We are a group of non-functioning people pre-coffee.
- since we are on the coffee subject, why isn't there drinkable coffee in the apartment itself? We got two tiny instant package coffee daily which were not drinkable with one sugar package and sometimes not refilled. For six dwellers, two instant coffee and one sugar package to share is unacceptable! Perhaps the downstairs espresso machine was to make up for it? But you don't have access to that on a weekend so you are stuck with the disgusting coffee.
- I've mentioned the fast wifi above. It still boggles my mind how some hotels still require their guests to pay for wifi. My parents paid for it so I don't know how much additional per day they are charging for it. But seriously, if shopping malls give you free wifi, shouldn't a place you are actually paying to stay at include that feature too?
-Why so stingy on the shampoo and body soap bottles? They really take the saving resources to the next level as we ran out of shampoo and soap and they weren't refilled.
- staff is a hit or miss. Actually, we encountered more miss than hit, which was unfortunate.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay. A good place for a group, especially. For the amount of $$ spent for a group our size, we would be spending a lot more for sure. I am giving it a 4 out if 5 which is quite high for me as the annoyances are nothing but little annoyances that may just be because of my OCD-ness (with exception of the staff's friendliness, which I think is a must in the hospitality industry!).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Grove Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Grove Serviced Apartments Hotel Singapore
- Le Grove Serviced Apartments Singapore