“Fantastic place to stay in Singapore”

Lanson Place Winsland
Ranked #76 of 240 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Reviewed April 15, 2011

What a fantastic place to stay. The location is good, only a couple of minute walk from the Somerset MRT station. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The flat was lovely, we had a one bedroom place that was really confortable and had everything we needed in there. The roof top pool was great. There is a good supermarket about 5 minute walk away and you can also order all kinds of takeaway food to your room.

There's only one small thing I can think of they could have done better - have more plates, cups, glasses and cutlery in the flat.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Minniemouse75

Reviewed March 2, 2011

My family is moving to Singapore and so we chose to stay at Lanson Place for 5 weeks as we looked for an apartment. Although this is not a 5 star hotel, I must say that the staff treats its residents as though it were and the service is of 5 star standard.

Our serviced apartment was clean and well kept, nicely laid out, sheets and bedding extremely comfortable and they even partially stocked our fridge with basics so that we would have enough for a couple of days before needing to go food shopping (complimentary, I might add). The pots, pans and cuterly were all of a nice quality as was the dishware, which is always nice when you have to stay somewhere longer then 5 days.

The pool on the rooftop is lovely, and again always immaculately kept.
Everyone working in this establishment is incredibly friendly, helpful and extremely service oriented. And always with a smile. Even when I called 5 or 6 times the first day trying to figure out how to work things, the staff either came up to help me in person - immediately - or walked me through over the phone. If anything went wrong, staff would come up immediately or tell me when they would come (usually within 15 minutes) and were reliable.

The location is fantastic as you can walk anywhere from here and are close to the MRT.

Bottom line, these serviced apartments are well worth their price, the stay has been incredibly comfortable, and Lanson Place and its staff is commedable for their consistent friendliness, helpfulness and reliability. Not a single staff member, down to the maid, fell short of this. I highly recommend it here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Caroline123448
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Lanson Place Winsland is very well located just a minute away from the bustling Orchard Road. The Somerste MRT station is a mere 5-minute walk away. We stayed there for a week in a 2-bedroom apartement. The decoration was very smart and the apartment had all the amenities needed : a large kitchen with all the appliances, internet connexion, two TVs with lots of channels, iPod dock. The masterbedroom had a bathroom with a bathtube while the other bathroom had a shower. The rooftop swimming pool was a great place to relax with a nice view over a part of the city. The staff was very welcoming and attentive. Staying at the Lanson Place Winsland was a great alternative to a hotel room. We really felt at home to moment we arrived. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Worldtraveller984
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I sent a mail to them inquiring about a three night stay which they initially declined because of the 7 night policy. However, because there was an opening which I appealed for, they allowed us to stay there for a 3 nighter which we then extended by another night.

I drove in from Malaysia and with GPS, had little problem getting to the area. However, finding the reception was a bit difficult because it had no signs. It was also not accessible by car meaning you had to stop by the road and walk about 10 / 20 m to the reception. The receptionist on duty was helpful and friendly.

Checking in was a breeze and we were very happy with our 2 bedroom apartment. Both rooms including the living room had TV. Living room was spacious. Kitchen was great and well equipped. Convenience store and supermarket were close by too. I really have zero complaints about the apartment.

MRT is like 7 mins walk (Somerset) and Orchard Road was just a block away. Throughout our stay there, the reception was helpful and friendly. In fact the day I checked out, they allwoed me to leave my car til about 9.30pm for me to still go around Singapore.

Only problem was when I wanted to leave the apartment. There was no coordination between there building management and the apartment management resulting me being stuck for easily 20 minutes at the parking basement. It was also embarrassing when the building management staff were saying that I must pay to get out when I had already told them I had paid through the hotel which they initially did not accept.

All in all, great place. Would definitely stay again if possible and recommend others to do so

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Enjoystravelling
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We stayed 3 nights during July 2010 at the Lanson Place Winsland in a 2 bed serviced apartment with our 2 young daughters.

The apartment was excellent, with all the amenties you could require for a short (or long) stay, but the major factor driving our high rating was the efficiency , professionalism and friendliness of the staff we dealt with.

Location wise, Orchard Rd is a few minutes walk away and there are supermarkets and other stores also within a few minutes walk of the building

We also made good use of the roof top pool and loved it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike_2706
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We arrived very late at night 2 days before Christmas, youngest daughter was presented with a large Christmas cake on arrival much to her delight.
Our apartment was very spacious for Singapore. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen/laundry and lounge/dining room. Decorated with quality furnishings, comfortable beds, fully equipped kitchen with a selection of groceries, coffee machine and coffee. Everything we could possibly need for our 8 night stay.
Excellent location 3 minutes walk from Somerset MRT, supermarket, food court and all the shopping of Orchard Road.
Roof top swimming pool has to be seen to be believed, it is suspended between 2 buildings on the 10th(? I think) floor. At night it is lit with fairy lights and the reflections of the amazing light show on the building across the road.
It was our eldest daughters 17th birthday the day before we left. Staff had noticed from her passport when we checked in and surprised her with a birthday cake on the day! A good example of the attention to detail we found across our entire stay.
Very highly recommended as an alternative to hotel accommodation in Singapore, in an exceptional location.
Our first choice for Singapore accommodation!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank 3littlepigsgotroppo
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I stayed in a 2-bedroom residence with my family from April 10th, 2010, to April 20th, 2010.

Lanson Place, Winsland is perfect for families and individuals who wish to stay in a well appointed residence with a comprehensive list of facilities and services situated a five minute walk away from the shopping district of Orchard Road.

Pathological shoppers can cool their heels in the 25 m roof-top pool between their daily multiple treks to Orchard Road and burn off the Beard Papa's and Royce Chocolates in the decently equipped gym on the first floor.

Those who do not want to spend their holiday/business trip cooking (which I am assuming would be most individuals) can walk 5 minutes to Kiliney Road and dine in or take-out food form one of the many street-front restaurants, though the kitchen in the residence is essential when traveling with young children.

Staffers are friendly and eager to help.

We will surely be returning in the future.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business