Peninsula Excelsior Hotel
$173
  • Restaurant
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$171
$239
$202
Fullerton Hotel
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$143
$129
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$212
$170
Agoda.com
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
$290
$214
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$114
$92
Official Website
Marina Bay Sands(Singapore)
$528
$312
MarinaBaySands
4,607 results
All reviewssky loungecity hall mrtmarina bayclarke quaysingapore airlinesexcellent locationcentral locationfort canning parkcorner roomwalking distancehop on hop off bussingapore riverbuffet breakfastclub roomlate checkorchard roadstopover
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. The room was big and clean. You have a lot of space to put luggage. And it's comfortable to have a king size bed. The bathroom equipped with a bathtub which was very nice!

The hardware was good but the staff need to be work better. We arrived the hotel at around 12noon and we understood that we have to wait to have the room ready. We were told to be back around 2:30pm, and we were there on time. But......they told us the room was not ready yet and have to wait again. We were unhappy because we asked to assure the room could be ready at 2:30pm but somehow they could only gave us the room at 3:30pm! What was the point of telling us the time to come back? Also, the lady gave the key to us when we were back was a bit impolite. She kept putting her hands into her pocket when we asked questions. I didn't know how others feel, but for me, it gave me a very unprofessional feeling.

Overall, it's good to stay in this hotel if you think hardware is important. If you care about service, it may not be a good choice.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank JillyJillyC
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Thankfully we only stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and we were very pleased to depart.
Location is ok being in central Singapore and within walking distance of Raffles and other attractions. For some reason found the hotel very unwelcoming, rooms are one step up from basic. Reception staff give you the impression I can't wait to finish my shift and go home.
Best bit was breakfast which should have been included but tried to charge.
Singapore is nice enough but certainly not what it is cracked up to be.
A visit to Botanical Gardens is worth doing much better than the indoor copy of Eden Project.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not next to lift shaft.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights early this month. Best location as everything handy, hop on bus just across the street. We had wonderful views from the 14th floor looking over to the flyer which is lovely at night. Very friendly staff and large room perfectly clean with quiet air conditioning. Enjoyed the breakfast which had a huge variety. We would definitely stay again, especially if we could get the same room. Lots of people in the 2 pools but as I had a broken arm couldn't cool off in them.

Room Tip: 14th floor on left side of reception desk
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I must say this hotel was not the best experience I have had in Singapore. On checkin there was issues between staff, then the room looked tired and dirty. Sheets were clean but lights not working in some fittings and the showers were hard to regulate the hot and cold - stuck on hot. I tried the breakfast offering where on reception as I did not include breakfast in my booking. I was charged a significant sum for the Buffett which was so very average, the next day they wanted to almost double the amount paid then I asked why the difference. Their response was I would receive a 20% discount if I was a Singapore airlines customer. I had to shake my head as their pricing was not regulated. There seems to be some cost saving in the rooms with supplies as they didn't replace or renew the empty bottles of shampoo each day. There was a club on the top floor of the hotel facing toward the bay but if you were not paying way over the average you were not invited. The cost of this hotel versus the experience was terrible and I recommend if you can find somewhere else then stay there. Overpriced and way below a two star standard. The only benefit is it is close to the city hall MRT.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank tedegan1
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Location is excellent, in the heart and walking distance to MRT, cafés, bars, restaurants and nearby landmarks. No problems getting taxis anywhere including to and from airport. Rooms are a little dated and in need of upgrade, in particular dusty and worn curtains and carpets. For Singapore, the rooms are larger than average which was welcome as Singapore and Tokyo have a reputation for tiny hotel rooms. But rooms not as large as in other hotels in cities around the world. With a little but if you thus hotel could be excellent, but the luxurious feel ends at reception when you step into yet lift and by the time you get to your room it looks like something dated from your grandmothers era. Food inside the hotel was underwhelming and not re commended, better to step outside instead. My wife stayed in this hotel 10 years ago and said it was excellent then, but very poor now. That's probably the best comment.

• Stayed: June 2014