Peninsula Excelsior Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Park City Hall(Singapore)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
4,576 results
All reviewssky loungecity hall mrtmarina bayclarke quaysingapore airlinesexcellent locationcentral locationfort canning parkcorner roomwalking distancehop on hop off bussingapore riverbuffet breakfastclub roomlate checkorchard roadstopover
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was nice. The location is probably the best quality of the hotel because it's right in the city. The service was good. The only downside for me was there were so many tour groups (both business and leisure, from my observation) so there were so many people waiting in line for elevators in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank tozenter
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We choose this hotel because of it's convenient location to the Colonial area. It is a large hotel and seemed efficient if a little impersonal. We paid £242.00 for 2 nights in a twin room. Not cheap and breakfast was extra. We had breakfast in a nearby coffee shop - much cheaper. The room was pleasant and clean and the decor and facilities of a 4* standard. The bathroom had a walk in shower and complimentary toiletries. We used the swimming pool although there could be better signage to the changing rooms, which are downstairs, near the kitchen, There was no one about so we had to just help outselves to the towels.
Raffles Hotel is a short walk away with shopping malls on route. The stop for the city 'hop on, hop off' sightseeing bus is just across from the hotel. I would recommend the Botanic Gardens. As it is the 'end stop' you get to see lots of other sights there and back.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to those on a short stopover who will spend most of the day touring the city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank luvthesunx2
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I really liked this hotel. Rooms are comfortable and those facing Hill Street have a good view. One downside is that the bathrooms are small and can be uncomfortable. Service is good. It's very centrally located, and in all, I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank swathi_sukumar
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights as part of a stopover with Singapore Airlines but were really disappointed with the hotel. Check in took forever as they didnt have a double room, then didnt have a non smoking room and we were eventually "upgraded". The room we were given looked pretty basic but the smell of sewage coming from the bathroom was overpowering. It appeared to be coming from the drains but was so bad even to stand in the room made me feel sick. They didnt seem overly surprised when we complained at the front desk and after another struggle managed to find another "upgraded " room for us. Again this was pretty basic and we couldnt see out of the window due to misting in the window panels.The general level of cleanliness in the public area was poor with carpets which appeared to need hoovering. The only saving grace for this hotel was the staff who try to be as helpful as possible but were struggling due to the poor facilities we encountered. There must be better out there!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank willowcatUK
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stay at Pan Pacific Marina Bay, several times at Novotel Clarke Quay, Park Royale for once and recently I tried other hotel and I choose Excelsior Peninsula Hotel. The location is very good, I can reach the MRT station (City Hall) for only 7 minutes walking distance and Clarke Quay as well. For my first staying, they gave me upgraded room type (of course I'm very excited). As foodish lover, I decide to get room without breakfast so I got breakfast beside this hotel and tried other breakfast menu at other place. Of course, the room rate was getting lower without breakfast, that why this is the best value hotel with wider room, good view from window and good quality of pillow, bed and bath room. They have very nice swimming pool with the glass side, so the guests from the lobby can see you during swimming, good view I think, ha ha ha. The uniqueness of this hotel, they have two different access to lobby (the lobby at 7th floor, cmiiw), the first from Peninsula Tower and the second from Excelsior Tower. Several guest were rather confuise if they not read the sign of the hotel. As usual in Singapore, the hotel is near with 24 hours small convinience store (7-11 store) and malls (such as Peninsula Plaza - old mall I guess).

Room Tip: 1. Excelsior tower is better, because quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo