First night was allocated a room on the 7th Floor. On exiting the lifts the floor smelt of smoke. The room was excellent in design with only a few stains on the carpet but the only downfall was that everything smelt of SMOKE !!!! Towels, Pillows, everthing. Went down to reception to complain but was told hotel full and would only be able to move to a non smoking room the next day. That night I felt sick with the smell of smoke.
They did move me the next day to a new room on the 9th floor but had to wait till after 2pm before doing this. This room was excellent and I had no quibbles with it at all.
Breakfasts in the hotel had a vast choice from buffet to cooked but my tip here is go down very early otherwise it is a mad scrabble due to the number of quests. The restaurant soon filled up and tables were even set by the pool. The mechanical toaster seemed to firstly warm the bread and to toast had to be put through twice.
Tip : If you want freshly cooked fried eggs or omlettes get these first otherwise a long wait may occure due to the numbers waiting for these items.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the heart of the city within easy reach to exciting landmarks in Singapore including the Singapore Night Race circuit which is just 2 minutes walk away as it is one of the trackside hotels.Just 5 minutes walk to City Hall MRT Interchange where the North-South, East-West MRT lines meet and also to the popular night spot at Clarke Quay. Only 5 minutes drive to the Esplanade, Marina Bay Sands Casino and Convention Centre, Chinatown and Orchard Road tourist shopping belt. 10 minutes drive to Resorts World Sentosa Casino and Universal Studios theme park. 20 minutes drive to Changi International Airport.The two towers of Peninsula.Excelsior Hotel offer 600 guests rooms and suites with simple luxury as well as function rooms for seminars and wedding banquets. The hotel also offers a business center and a tour desk to assist with travel arrangements.Peninsula.Excelsior Hotel Singapore is an excellent choice for business and holiday travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Peninsula Excelsior Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Excelsior Hotel Singapore
- Peninsula Excelsior Singapore
- Peninsula Singapore
- Peninsula Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Peninsula