“Very happy with the hotel”
Review of Grand Park Orchard

Grand Park Orchard
Ranked #83 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here for 2days and 1 night for business and, I love the hotel. The location of the hotel was just fantastic. It was on Orchard road and opposite the Paragon shopping centre. The room I had was a good size and most importantly it was clean and comfortable. The gym at the hotel was small but well equip to give any traveller a good work out. I can't fault the service. Ordered room service to my room, they were efficient and food was nice. The spread at the breakfast was also fantastic and you were spoilt for choice. Overall I am glad to say that I was extremely happy with the service and the hotel. Well, I used to be a regular at Sheraton tower and I am sad to say they lost my business due to poor service. Good news is Grand Park I am here to stay as I travel to Singapore for business almost weekly. I highly recommend this hotel to all business and holiday travelers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,030)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel is right on the Orchard Road, brilliantly located for shopping and using as a base for exploring Singapore. It's an impressive building from the outside, and the inside doesn't disappoint with stylish modern furniture and an excellent outside bar which, if you don't mind a typically humid Singapore evening, is a cool place to spend an evening.

However, based on two separate experiences, the rooms are terrible. Although equipped with huge stylish murals (fashion photos), the rooms themselves are small, with scuffed and marked furniture, uncomfortable beds, flaky wifi, and a bathroom so small you have to be an acrobat to get out of the shower safely. There is so little room between the toilet and the bathroom door that you practically have to stand in the bath to open the door. And the noise! With late night bars at night, construction work during the day, and your excitable neighbours around the clock, this is no relaxing oasis.

Service is mostly mediocre, with the lobby not particularly helpful and housekeeping fairly perfunctory. One bright spot on both occasions were the wait staff at breakfast, who were consistently pleasant and accommodating.

Compared with other hotels I've stayed at in Singapore, this one falls far short. It's got a slick, fashionable veneer, but it needs more old-fashioned hostelry basics.

Room Tip: Higher up you may have a chance of sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JeepNYC
Reviewed August 6, 2013

3 night stay, 2 rooms, 1 great experience. When we arrived found that one of the rooms had twin beds and not kng as .. was no issue, a room change was made easily. free wifi was a bonus, did drop out occasionally and hAd to reboot, but not problems. Selected a deal which included breakfast and was extremely pleased with the selection. Staff were great except on the last day, we were leaving early so had a 6am breakfast .. Only one other in the restaurant and the service was lacking but not enough to dampen our rating of this hotel. Whenever we passed reception desk we were greeted warmly by staff as we were by concierge staff. Only downfall were the bar prices ... We chose to purchase drinks from the supermarket at Paragon Shopping complex. we soon found out that the prices were similar at other establishments, restaurants and bars. In fact as far as dining and drinking is concern it is very expensive In singapore .. This aside it was a great stopover". The rooms were ample .. Plenty of space, bath was great after a long day sight seeing and shopping! Goo location ... Recommend speaking to staff at information centre up the road they were fantastic giving us some really good tips

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Not my first time to this hotel but different operator run this hotel. Still very good location and easy to access to orchid road shopping mall nearby. It's a comfort hotel generally speaking. Since I need to visit takashimaya and paragon mall during this travel trip, it gives me the convenience. Good location for shopping purpose.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Being a hotelier and seasoned traveler around the world and in Singapore, I found Grand Park Orchard to be my worst hotel experience ever. I went to the coffee shop three times for breakfast meetings / coffee meetings; each time, there was no service staff available to take our orders. The wifi did not work in my room and the staff had to put in an external modem. It took over 45 mins. for this setup to be in place. The hot water was not working well during the last two days of my stay. The housekeeping staff forgot to replenish my towels so I had to use the bathrobe as a bathmat to prevent myself from slipping in the bathroom. When I filed a complaint to the Front Desk Manager, I was given a defensive "there is nothing much we can do except for take SGD$24 off your bill for the coffee you consumed since all your fees were pre-paid with Agoda". To make matters worse, my room faced the lobby bar and there was pounding music every night. All in all, a terrible experience and I WOULD NOT recommend it to any business traveler who expects quality and efficient service from a hotel on Orchard Road in Singapore.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank illumiful
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here three nights. Lovely Hotel, beds very comfortable, clean rooms. Large variety at breakfast. (Except bannanas) However staff are very rude, everything thing you ask either takes forever or you feel like a pest asking a question, which knocks the whole experience down. This should not be the case when paying £500 for 3 night. Wouldn't return.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Krisrod13
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I spent 10 days in this hotel, it was a great experience. We expected the best and we got it. The service was excellent with a very friendly approach. The rooms were big and comfortable. The hotel is situated in the centre of the action, easy way to all important direction.
The concierges were very helpful with a special mention to Siva who made our stay that more enjoyable. We can only recommend this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple