“Grand Park Orchard”

Ranked #86 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Grand Park Orchard”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I travel very often to Singapore and have often stayed in Grand Park Orchard. It is, in fact, my favorite hotel on Orchard Road so far. It has amazing location and the rooms are quite comfortable. Having stayed in the Deluxe and Premier rooms on different occasions, I definitely appreciate the quietness of the property. Compared to the opposite hotel which is a much bigger hotel, GPOR is much more enjoyable for me as it is quieter and has much more privacy. I also appreciate the very consistent service from all of the staffs from bell captains to receptionist, cleaners, staffs during breakfast every time I stay there: smiles, patient, and professional. I have often been upgraded from Deluxe to Premier. Very much appreciated especially for frequent guests to the hotel. I have awarded the hotel 5 stars but I do have some complaints on one room that I stayed a very while back. The bathroom was terribly finished during construction. There were a lot of unfinished edges (not dangerous) and just seemed hurrily finished. Second, the last time I stayed there, the duty manager on my second night, I believe, was quite unprofessional in his conversation with me asking for my credit card details. His tone and language, while not rude, is not at all what I would associate with GPOR. Not good. Bed-wise, having stayed there one night and other hotel the next, is a bit tougher than others. Some may like it but I did not, comfortable nevertheless. Breakfast is limited but I dont expect much from breakfast in any hotel I guess. Other than that, the best hotel on Orchard Road.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Vincent C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Last week I stayed at this hotel for the first time for one day business trip. It turned out to be one of my best hotel experience in Singapore. First, its great location just next to Paragon mall on Orchard road and across the street to the takashimaya has allowed me to spend as little time to find great food while enjoy shopping. Second, its superb service with all staff having wonderful service mind that far exceeded even my high Thai-standard level. When I arrived at the counter the staff had processed the check in at an amazingly fast speed, then proactively offered a recommendatation for the eating or shopping places without asking. The hotel also upgraded my room for free with turned out to be a great room. Third, the room has a spacious, chic decoration that made me feel confortable at home. The room is very clean and all equipment inside are sufficient for both business and leisure purposes. Fourth, the hotel has a chic bar that has a good view of Orchard road. The food in the hotel restaurant are also tasteful and reasonable priced. Lastly, the breakfast has a reasonable variety of food that includes both Eastern and Wetern style choice. Finally at this price I think it is offering a great value compared to other great hotels like Fullerton and I believe it is better than MArina Bay Sand, the hotel I just stayed a month before which I found was quite noisy. If you look for a quite hotel with good room, great location, and wonderful service, I think the Grand Park is one of the preferred choices to seriously take a consideration.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Suwatss
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We have been to Singapore 3 or times in the past two years. On this occasion we stayed with another couple for a quick getaway and shopping trip for 3 nights in two rooms (our first stay at the Grand Park Orchard). We booked a special on their website which included being upgraded to a Premier Room. We booked the hotel primarily for its location in the shopping precinct of Orchard Road and it held its own in this regard.

Unfortunately when checking in at 3pm we were told one of our rooms wasn’t available despite the check-in time being made clear in our booking. The room was ready by 5pm, and despite requesting for a phone call when the room was ready it was never made. In all fairness during our stay we requested a late checkout of 1pm which was initially rejected and then granted after a little negotiation and highlighting the fact of our initial check-in delays.

The room was clean and comfortable and relatively modern in appearance, however it was small, very dark, the shower head and hand held shower switching mechanism was faulty, and upon arrival the wireless router in our room wasn’t functioning (this was resolved relatively quickly). The air-conditioning was fine, power stayed on in the room the entire time (no need for card in slot), however the light switches seemed to be located only near the entry door. Breakfast was average.

There is no view from the hotel as the part we were in (10th Floor near the lifts) was covered in framework, however despite the closeness to the elevator we found the room quiet and the short distance proved convenient.

The strongest selling point of this hotel is the location, and it certainly lives up to this, other than that, there is not anything substantially negative, nor anything substantially excellent about this hotel. In my opinion an average hotel in a great location. I could stay here again depending on the price, but would more than likely be tempted to try other hotels in the same area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bonpar
Melbourne
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Great stay at the Park Orchard. Would recommend it if coming to Singapore. Great location and amenities. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MargitoBrian
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Very nice place, I will stay again. This hotel is very strategic place, easy for shopping and looking food. You will be enjoy orchard road, because this hotel in the middle of orchard road. You will be feel exciting when you stay with your family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kang15081999
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The hotel is fantastic! It is ideal for all who want to visit Singapore and enjoy what it has been known to offer. Accessible to all shopping centers and transportation convenience. The staffs are very accommodating and polite. Our room was clean and well maintained. I'd definitely recommend this hotel and will surely book it again for our next visit! :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dens_Dave
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I am suggest if your good hotel can decide to arrange one or two floor as non-smoking and non-carpet floor for the customer who is very sensitive with smoke and carpet. Especially for the customer who having Asma.

Better the said room can use timber floor.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business