Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 27, 2019

The hotel is located within walking distance of several train stations on different lines, setting you up for easy transport all around the city. The rooms were very small, but so are all reasonably priced rooms in Singapore! The staff were always eager to help. Breakfast was great - best waffles I've ever had!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

Around 15mins walking distance from Lavender MRT Station. The room that we used quite clean with small bathroom. On the 3rd day (we stayed for 3 nights), we found out that the cups were dirty and werent cleaned by the cleaning team. The didnt give us any new bottled water also on that day..the breakfast was quite good but not so many options..

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank gsinaga
Reviewed February 6, 2019

we stayed in January for 4 days, when we arrived, i had booked for GOLD bedroom, instead she said we were up graded room with a balcony, the view from the room was of other building roofs. the room was so small, no chair. the bathroom was ok. the breakfast was really bad. THE STAFF NEVER GREETED, they could not cope. all need customer training. i would not recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Miyangar
Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

The staff at this fairly small hotel are nice and helpful. It’s located in an area that has some very good options for meals, drinks and shopping as the Mustafa Centre is just a 5 minute walk away.
There are also two underground train stops nearby (which was really easy to use when buying tickets and going through the barriers).

My room was on the small side. There was nothing to lay my suitcase on. No proper wardrobe. Just an external bar to hang clothes on and some hooks.
I could not get the AC to work, no matter how many different permutations I tried.
The toilet would not stop flushing all through the night, it just kept on gushing out a small amount of water into the toilet bowl and was a bit noisy. There was no partition for the shower, and so therefore the shower water just goes everywhere in the bathroom including all over the toilet.

I was only staying for one night and so I made do. But if I had been staying for longer, then I would have raised a few issues. But I mostly regarded everything as teething problems.

The breakfast was good allthough there could have been better options for fruit, soft drinks and cereal. But the cooked breakfast included scrabbled eggs, bacon and waffles. The coffee was quite good also.

Considering the shortcomings, the room rate is too expensive. It was still rather expensive even with the discount I had received from the travel agent but I think in general it’s more suitable for a short rather than long stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Excurse
Reviewed November 14, 2018

Due to some important summit going on in Singapore, I booked three rooms for my colleagues and myself in this hotel, since prices in 4* and 5* hotels were exhorbitant. I checked into the J8 after a long trip from Malta. The taxi driver took a while to find the hotel and advised me in the cab that my choice of hotel was not in the best of areas...it's called the Little India area. I assure you area is really sleazy and nothing like one expects to find in Singapore. Check in staff was ok, but the single room we were each given looked like a jail cell. Tiny beyond belief....the most hilarious thing I ever saw (hilarious because it was for one night....more than that and I would have wept) was a rain shower in the middle of the bathroom; right over the toilet and the sink, so you had to shower in the middle of the extremely small bathroom. You couldn't leave any of your clothes in the bathroom, or anything else for the matter since everything would get soaked. Moreover, if you showered right before going to bed, the floor would stay wet. Should you need to use the toilet half way through the night, you would stand on a wet floor in your bare feet, and dry them before getting back into bed. Absolutely ridiculous! I must say breakfast was acceptable....very limited, and not a buffet, but just about acceptable.It also offered a free minibar. Still, I wouldn't spend another night in this hotel if it paid me to stay!!

Date of stay: November 2018