I stayed here on a trip with 9 family members as part of the $1 Singapore Airlines stopover deal. The hotel is very centrally located and walking distance to most of the city centre sights and shopping centres. It is off on a bit of a side street, so it is pretty quiet. The front reception isn't much to look at. We had some confusion checking in at the hotel because we had only recieved our hotel vouchers the day before - staff weren't too helpful and the two women at reception were not very friendly.
I had a twin room on the 7th floor. The room was a little small for the two of us - while we got around comfortably enough, there isn't much space if two people have medium to large suitcases. The decor was suprisingly modern and the room was clean. The king single beds were extremely comfortable, as was the doona and pillows. The beds were the best thing about my stay - I had an amazing night's sleep. The bathroom was pretty spacious. There was a shower over bath with a thin plastic shower curtain. Because the bath itself is narrow and the curtain rail is too close to the shower, the plastic curtain kept sticking to me while in the shower. The shower pressure and temperature was good and constant. The room was extremely quiet - no traffic or no noise from others in the hotel. We arranged a wake up call for the next morning and this was done on time. We checked out smoothly. The hotel has a tiny gym with a treadmill, cross trainer and upright bike. They are all squeezed into a tiny room, so it's not particularly safe if there's more than one person in there. I didn't see the pool area, but there is a 25m lap pool also on the same floor.
All in all, I had a good stay here and would reccomend it based on my very short stay. I'm not sure how much it costs normally, but for the $1 deal we got, it was an absolute steal. The comfortable beds were the best part about this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 4-Star smoke free hotel with 231 well-appointed guest rooms, including Executive Rooms, Junior Suite & Service Apartments that are incorporated with contemporary decor that caters to both business and leisure travellers. Strategically located in the City's dynamic business, financial, convention, cultural, entertainment, and educational hubs, our hotel is located close to places such as Suntec City, Raffles City, Chijmes, Singapore Art Museum, Bugis Junction, Bugis Village, Esplanade Theatres On The Bay, Marina Square, Singapore Flyer, Little India, Boat Quay and Clarke Quay. We are also conveniently located within walking distance to 3 MRT stations - Bras Basah, City Hall, and Bugis - with Bras Basah MRT Station being only 100 meters from our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Fastbooking and ACCOR so you can book your Hotel Royal at Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal At Queens Singapore
- Royal At Queens Hotel
- Hotel Royal At Queens Singapore