After reading all the reviews here, I was under the impression the Hotel Royal @ Queens would be a great hotel. Boy was a deceived. This hotel is nowhere close to a 4 star hotel, and I don't see how anyone could think the money you pay for stay here is justified. Let me explain...
1. The hotel staff is dull and inhospitable. They take their time looking the other way when you are standing at the counter waiting to get their attention.
2. The bell-boy doesn't carry your bags, or even help you to your room. At first I thought maybe it was only us, but no. I watched how many people checked in, and was merely pointed towards the elevators. No help here!
3. Room is loud! Everytime someone flushes the toilet in any of the adjacent rooms, there is a loud continuous noise for several minutes.
4. There was something wrong with the phone in our room (it seems). Technicians came to our door right after check-in, and asked to come in to fix the phones, saying we had asked for it to be fixed. I explained we had just checked in and nothing seemed to be wrong with the phone. They insisted on coming in. I said we were resting and if they could return another time. Again, they insisted on coming in. Rude!
5. Internet. I was under the impression that Singapore was a hi-tech country. The hotel doesn't have wi-fi. They will lend you a network cable at the hotel counter for your plugged in browsing experience. Having kids, this is definitely not an idea solution, having a long cable running across the hotel room. And at $6 Singapore Dollars and hour, I feel like I am being robbed.
6. There is a large LCD TV in our room, but the reception is terrible. Lmost every channel has static.
7. Don't be fooled about its location. The Royal @ Queens is a long way from Orchard Road. We're talking at least a 10 minute walk to get to it.
At these prices I thought I was getting a 4 star hotel. In reality this is more like a 2.5 star hotel, with unfriendly staff, and insufficient amenities. I wouldn't stay here again.
At the price that we paid for this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 4-Star smoke free hotel with 231 well-appointed guest rooms, including Executive Rooms, Junior Suite & Service Apartments that are incorporated with contemporary decor that caters to both business and leisure travellers. Strategically located in the City's dynamic business, financial, convention, cultural, entertainment, and educational hubs, our hotel is located close to places such as Suntec City, Raffles City, Chijmes, Singapore Art Museum, Bugis Junction, Bugis Village, Esplanade Theatres On The Bay, Marina Square, Singapore Flyer, Little India, Boat Quay and Clarke Quay. We are also conveniently located within walking distance to 3 MRT stations - Bras Basah, City Hall, and Bugis - with Bras Basah MRT Station being only 100 meters from our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Royal at Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal At Queens Singapore
- Royal At Queens Hotel
- Hotel Royal At Queens Singapore