I am a business traveller who looks for value, as the business i work in is my own. In Singapore the best value Hotels are those a stones throw from MRT stations that can get you into the CBD within minutes. One are I often stay in is Paya Lebar. This suburb is on the right end of the redlight fringe that stretches through Geylang.
This visit I could not get into the Gateway Hotel so looked for, and found, an acceptable alternative in The four Chain. I took a Suite room at Sing$80 which proved to be huge. I thinkthe Suite was a wise choice as it had three large windows and was spacious.
The pluses about this Hotel:
- less than 5 minutes walk to Paya Lebar MRT Station (with the Circle line opening in a week, will be even closer with a new MRT Station entrance)
- Big room
- Good facilites in room including Hari dryer, 50 inch flatscreen TV, DVD player, Cable News and Sports
- Fairly friendly Staff
- Can be loud, it is just on Geylang Road, traffic is heavy all night!
- No WIFI access (although it can be accessed from the cafes nearby)
- Hourly rates for smaller rooms- although Hotel is clean you cant blame them for offering this option to pay the bills. A Suite Room keeps you well away from the Hanky Pany on other floors!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Four Chain View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Chain Hotel
- Four Chain View Hotel Singapore