I am a business traveller who looks for value, as the business i work in is my own. In Singapore the best value Hotels are those a stones throw from MRT stations that can get you into the CBD within minutes. One are I often stay in is Paya Lebar. This suburb is on the right end of the redlight fringe that stretches through Geylang.
This visit I could not get into the Gateway Hotel so looked for, and found, an acceptable alternative in The four Chain. I took a Suite room at Sing$80 which proved to be huge. I thinkthe Suite was a wise choice as it had three large windows and was spacious.
The pluses about this Hotel:
- less than 5 minutes walk to Paya Lebar MRT Station (with the Circle line opening in a week, will be even closer with a new MRT Station entrance)
- Big room
- Good facilites in room including Hari dryer, 50 inch flatscreen TV, DVD player, Cable News and Sports
- Fairly friendly Staff
- Can be loud, it is just on Geylang Road, traffic is heavy all night!
- No WIFI access (although it can be accessed from the cafes nearby)
- Hourly rates for smaller rooms- although Hotel is clean you cant blame them for offering this option to pay the bills. A Suite Room keeps you well away from the Hanky Pany on other floors!!!More
- Free Wifi