“Great Hotel for Budget-conscious Travellers”
Review of Park View Hotel

Park View Hotel
Ranked #232 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Quezon City, Philippines
“Great Hotel for Budget-conscious Travellers”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

The taxi driver wasn't too familiar w/ the hotel, probably 'coz it''s just a small one. The triple room we got was a bit cramped and so were the hallways and this was okay 'coz we were out most of the time anyway. I do appreciate though that the room and bathroom are clean. Clean towels were provided everyday, but other basic amenities like toothbrush, slippers, complimentary water and robes were not provided. What I liked best about this hotel is its proximity to Bugis and Suntec, which were literally, 5 minutes away by foot. It was also right beside 'steamboat' restaurants w/c gave us a chance to enjoy Singapore hot-pot at its best. The staff were also very accommodating and helpful. The buffet breakfast was adequate and nothing to complain about. They even allowed my 4-yr old to eat breakfast everyday for free. All in all, I think we got our money's worth during our stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We arrived in Singapore just for a Stop Over. It is quite hard to find a good priced hotel in this city. So we ended up at Park View Hotel.
Everything is OK. The entrance appears more like a Guest House than a Hotel.
People were very kind. Rooms are very small, but we did not care .... only stayed there at night. Breakfast is better than we expected on arrival.
The location is really good. You can wald to the main sights and for nightlive to Marina Bay......

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Lucena City, Philippines
Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband, my 3 yr old son and me were allowed to check in even before 2 pm (hotel's check in time). The corridor leading to our room smells good. Our room has a homey ambiance and has a great view (shaw gallery). Bed is large enough for us and comfortable to sleep in. We were provided with towels, tissue, soap and shampoo with conditioner. Our room were cleaned everyday and toiletries replenished also everyday. Breakfast is delicious and served in buffet. It's a 5-10 mins walk to the bugis mrt station. Near to malls like bugis junction, bugis street (where you can buy souvenirs)suntec city and marina square. Accessible to many restaurants and wonderful places like mint museum of toys, esplanade and merlion park. Fast check out and helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Mdmercado
Thailand
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Stayed at the Park View as part of my holiday with friends and it is not a bad choice 

I had my concerns about this hotel prior to my arrival as I booked based on price and location and not what was mention on any web pages about the hotel.
I am happy that I stayed here as rooms are clean, service is great and staff always on hand to help answer questions.

Next time I am in Singapore I will be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Myjetlag
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I stayed at Park View Hotel with my boyfriend in January 2011. Upon arrival, we are quite disappointed with the size of the room as it looked relatively small compare to the pictures that they posted on their official website. The corridor is narrow and you can hear people talking in their bedroom at the corridor. The bathroom is a little dirty but still within acceptable range. We do not dare to use the bathtub although it is available there as it is quite dirty. The plus point for this hotel: The location is great. It is just beside a steamboat restaurant and bus stop where you can travel to other attractions on fingertips. It is within 5 mins walk to Bugis Junction where you can access to Bugis MRT station easily. The breakfast is poor for the price that we paid (sgd143 per night for deluxe room). Very very few choices: one fried beehoon, baked beans, bread, sausages and fried egg ONLY. No fruits. Generally speaking, this hotel is good for budget travellers who only stayed for a shorter period of time as Singapore hotels are relatively expensive compared to other countries in the same region.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed December 12, 2010

This being my first time staying in a hotel in Singapore, I was shocked to that budget accommodation (no frills) are priced so exorbitantly. I could have gotten a 4-star hotel in Malaysia for the price I paid at this hotel. Still, let's start with the good, shall we?

The Good:

- The Location is great as it is 5 - 10 minutes walking distance from Bugis Junction MRT station.
- Surrounded by good and cheap eats. Steamboat restaurants abound at SGD18 per head and you can get a plate of chicken rice or noodles for just SGD3 or so.
- The aircond works well
- The shower water pressure is strong and steady. There are shower curtains, too.
- Although we were facing the street (6th floor), we did not hear very loud street noises when we sleep at night.
- I booked through Hotels Online and requested for Twin Beds and got what I asked for. I also liked it that they included the taxes and such into the price so that I do not have to pay for any surprise charges.
- The reception was manned by the owner, if not mistaken. He speaks good English, not the friendliest demeanor but he is quite helpful when you ask for directions, etc.
- The bed looks clean and I had a good night's sleep on the firm mattress.
- The windows have thick black-out drapes which is great when you want to sleep in and block the sun out.
- The breakfast is adequate and they do change the main dishes daily and refill the food trays when they are empty.
- There are laundry bags.
- There is a safe.
- There are plenty of hangers.
- There is a TV though we did not turn it on once - we are not TV people :)
- The fridge works and they have tea/coffee making facilities.

And now comes the fun part...

The Bad:

- There were mold on the bath tub tiles and under the sink. Pretty gross looking stuff!
- No slippers for the bathroom.
- No free WiFi internet
- The room was small - just enough to fit in two twin beds and a small drawer in-between.
- No complimentary water bottles.

All things considered, it wasn't bad but it definitely could be better for the price we paid.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed November 21, 2010

hotel is very good. swimming pool is mind blowing, hotel location is at the heart of little india. just behind the mustufa, one gate is open in mustufa. very nice place to stay. u can purchase room from site that is cheaper.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business