We stayed here last August 2012 for 3 days and 2 nights.
We availed one of their bundled promotion back then (LovingSG I think) which is roughly 200-220SGD all-in (inclusive of daily buffet breakfast, tax, GST etc. for the 3D/2N stay) The said promotion also came with a free entrance to the National botanical and orchids garden.
Overall our stay was great, the place was squeaky clean and the rooms were always well maintained and you get your own private bathroom in your own room.The buffet breakfast was also scrumptious specially the unlimited hashbrowns. Proximity to the nearest MRT which is Little India is a good 5-minute hike if passing through Mt Emily park.
Our only quibble during our stay was that they only provide 2 bottles of drinking water per day. would've been nice if they can provide free drinking water since going back and forth to the hotel is like hiking since you have to go up/down a small hill. Also it would be great if they offered their Double room w/ window at a minimal difference to their double w/o room.
Anyway having that said I still highly recommend this place to anyone travelling to SG on a budget. Always check out their website for promotions as they offer great deals :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Created especially for the savvy budget traveller, hangout at mt.emily promises a fun and affordable stay. Nestled in a tranquil respite away from the hustle and bustle of the city, hangout at mt.emily is located just a stone’s throw away from Orchard Road, Bugis and Little India. Designed with our signature "no frills, just fun" concept, we give travellers just the right amount of attention needed - no unnecessary amenities except for cushy beds and squeaky clean bathroom at rates that won't blow a hole in your pocket. And if you love making new friends, hangout at mt.emily offers the perfect place to meet hangout and meet fellow travellers.A firm believer of corporate social responsibility, hangout at mt.emily (part of the Cathay Organisation group) has been donating SGD$1 from each room night stay to the Organisation’s adopted charities since it open in 2004. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your firstname.lastname@example.org reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hangout At Mt. Emily Hotel Singapore
- Hangout Hotel Singapore
- Hangout@Mt.Emily Singapore