Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had stayed here on my Singapore trip during 20-22 October 2012. Well, the first thing you notice about this hotel is their uniqueness and their concept of hospitality that is difference from most of the others. The second thing will be location, the most tranquil environment in the center of the busy part of Singapore with gardens surrounding the hotel on almost all sides. Excellent hospitality, neat and clean rooms and a very good room service as well. I stayed here with my family (dad and mom) and it did meet all their needs and expectations and sometimes exceeded it. Very near to Little India area accessible by foot within 5 to 10 mins. Most of the cabbies or local people does not know this hotel’s exact location but they do get you if you tell them it is off Sophia road/ Mackenzie Road next to Little India. The computers for internet usage are a little slow but they are good enough to update your facebook status or check emails. On the 7th level they have a stand in pool, but, a normal pool would have a great advantage. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone that is looking for a slightly above budget accommodation (with 3 star hotel facilities, service and hospitality) in center of Singapore, be it families, couples or single travellers. I will definitely stay at this place when I visit Singapore again!

Room tip: Try to get the rooms that has the garden view, it will make the stay more pleasent.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank aravind k
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hostel is simply AWESOME! Stayed at Hangout for 4 days and everything there was great! I met 2 roomates from Taiwan and Japan during my stay in a 6-girls-dorm, we actually went out to ChinaTown for lunch! Staff were friendly, delicious breakfast, clean beds, clean toilets, beds with enough privacy, cool air-con, cheap snacks, free coffee & tea 24hrs, and many more!

Just one thing is you have to walk up a little hill to reach the hostel, but that was alright for such a decent hostel.

I will certainly stay here again if I visit Singapore again!

Room tip: Be ready to walk up a little hill to reach the hostel
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hostel for two nights in October.
We booked a private double room- the room was nice, not a bad size with a big bathroom and was clean. Only thing I was not too keen on with the room was that it did not have a window.
No safety deposit boxes in the room- but there are some at reception you can use.
The hostel itself is nice with good breakfast choice, free internet access and pc's, free tea and coffee, pool table and chill out room and a lovely roof terrace which looks out across the city.
The location is not bad, the closest stop on the MRT is Little India which is about a 5/10 minute walk away.
Staff at the hostel were friendly & helpful and spoke good english.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for a week in October in 2010 in a private room for two with a view. Everything was clean, tidy and secure, which is all we wanted as we weren't going to spend a lot of time in the room. The roof top splash pool was great to cool down after being out and about for the entire day, and the free WiFi allowed us to keep in touch with friends and family back home. The free breakfast was nothing spectacular but enough to keep you going until lunch time.

The air conditioning in the room worked a treat and cooled the room within minutes.

We would definitely consider staying at the Hangout at Mt Emily again.

Room tip: Choose one with a window!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank RationalHaze
Reviewed October 20, 2012

All round decent basic hostel accomodation in good central location in the heart of Singapore. The rooms are fine - a bed, hanging rack and lockable cupboard. There is a nice roof terrace and chill out room. Both areas with free wifi.

• Trip type: Traveled solo