Location: 12 mins walk to Little India MRT station and about 30 mins walk to Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. The only issue is that as the name suggests, this hotel is located on top of Mount Emily (more like a hill). You need to walk down steps to get to the city and up again on your way back. Not recommended if you have bad knees or hips, but there is always the option of taking a taxi. For those who are game, it is great exercise to work off the yummy food during your Singapore stay.
Rooms: Variety of rooms to suite every budget available including dorm rooms with shared facilities. I stayed in a double room with ensuite. Basic room with comfortable bed, aircon, hot shower, sofa, reading table and great views of Emily Hill Park. There are no in room safe box, no TV and no fridge, as this is afterall a no frills backpacker style hotel. Also, when you are in Singapore, you will out the whole day doing stuff and the cool aircon room is a welcome relief after a day of exploring/partying. Breakfast is included with the room and it consists of toast, cereals, mini buffet of sausages, egg and fried noodles. Room is secure with key card entry. There is an elevator to access higher floors.
Facilities: There are no pool nor gym but there is a tanning/viewing deck on the roof with shower for sunseekers. There is free wifi in every room and free use of communal computers on level 2. On level 2, there is also a big screen TV, a pool table, magazines, books with free coffee/tea for you to chill and mingle with other guests.
-Friendly reception with quick check in/out. Compliments to Farah for a great job!
-Secure, clean, free wifi, free coffee/tea, simple but delicious breakfast and free exercise with the hill walks.
-Reasonable rate as hotels in Singapore are very expensive. Book directly at their website for the best rates. You may find cheaper hotels elsewhere but some are located in dodgy areas.
- Close to Little India and its MRT station which can take you all over the island as the whole island is linked up with the new MRT lines in operation.
-The daily trek up and down the hill....if you are not a fan of walking in humidity. Otherwise, this place is great!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Created especially for the savvy budget traveller, hangout at mt.emily promises a fun and affordable stay. Nestled in a tranquil respite away from the hustle and bustle of the city, hangout at mt.emily is located just a stone’s throw away from Orchard Road, Bugis and Little India. Designed with our signature "no frills, just fun" concept, we give travellers just the right amount of attention needed - no unnecessary amenities except for cushy beds and squeaky clean bathroom at rates that won't blow a hole in your pocket. And if you love making new friends, hangout at mt.emily offers the perfect place to meet hangout and meet fellow travellers.A firm believer of corporate social responsibility, hangout at mt.emily (part of the Cathay Organisation group) has been donating SGD$1 from each room night stay to the Organisation’s adopted charities since it open in 2004. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your email@example.com reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hangout At Mt. Emily Hotel Singapore
- Hangout Hotel Singapore
- Hangout@Mt.Emily Singapore