“Great experience”

The Escape Artist
Ranked #23 of 165 Fun & Games in Singapore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Welcome to TheEscapeArtist TheEscapeArtist or T.E.A in short, is founded by 3 friends who share a love for deciphering clues and codes to solve challenging puzzles. A combination of these clues and puzzles embedded in a locked up scenario similar to that in movies or video games give birth to the real life escape game. The origins of such reality escape games actually began in Japan and have now gained fans across many different countries such as US, China & HK before coming to Singapore. Motivated by the lack of alternative entertainment and a stressful environment in Singapore, T.E.A is created to give players the chance to relieve stress by escaping from reality and immersing themselves in this refreshingly new-age entertainment experience. Rekaerbedoc Noos Su Nioj Have you solved the code?
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Just had a great experience. Also had a groupon but no problems redeeming online. Simply had to give the vouher when I turned up at the bukit timah outlet. The two female staff attending were most polite and helpful. Never felt rushed. Time was extended as there was no other p!Ayers after us. Hints were given subtly while trying to prompt us towards the clue. Having read previous reviews we were all prepared for an unpleasant experience but were very satisfied. Room was challenging. Could solve some stuck at others.

2  Thank tsutony
"stories"
in 3 reviews
"structure"

Reviewed November 16, 2014

I bought this groupon deal after playing another similar game. Thinking that it would be as awesome, but to my disappointment it was a fary cry. Went online to make a booking, and it said that I had to pay XX, with no place to enter the voucher code. I called up, and the guy that answered the phone was so rude when I asked him, how do I enter the voucher code. His reply was "just bring it" and that was it.

When we arrived, the reception was like cluttered and looked old despite it being a new business. Staff were rude with no proper greetings. We were then lead to our game room which was very small, old and dirty with even cockroach baits. And because the room was so dark, we actually reached down to see whether it was a clue. The clues thought of were not great, no great logic to it and was all over the place.

What I felt was worst was that the game was 50 min. A very clear marketing ploy, cheap trick to price is slightly cheaper and cut you 10min short so that they are prepare it for the next game at the next hour. With the uprise of such games, I wouldn't say this place would be a must go and would recommend others.

Reviewed November 3, 2014

its my first time play such game. The game itself is gd. And can give a try as it is cheap, just around $22. But i think it just gd for 4-5 ppl play at 1 time. As the rooms are very tiny (3 rooms in total is just around 40-50 square meters). I was play in a group of 10, I find it difficult to move around in a room and not much chance to play actually.

Reviewed November 2, 2014 via mobile

Group of friends and I tried it out after hearing so much about it. It's damn fun! Just the right amount of brain-wrecking puzzles and excitement from fear of the dark and the ticking clock. Some puzzles were quite surprising, like hidden doors. We had to call for help but the staff were very friendly and helpful! Definitely going again :)

See more reviews
Reviewed October 14, 2014

The puzzles were quite interesting and hands-on, but not as interactive as we thought it would be. Time given can be slightly longer, maybe an hour. Staff members are rude and unfriendly to customers, for instance, the male staff member scoffed at us when we asked for clues and when we were fiddling with some puzzles left on the table while waiting for our friends in another room. The male staff member also commented that our friends, who were beginners at the game, were really bad at the game. This was quite demeaning and we thought that it was unnecessary and rude to say that of our friends. Both the male and female staff members were really unfriendly. We would definitely not return to this outlet!