“Yummy comfort food!”

Poppies Bistro-Bar
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of Siglap, Poppies Bistro Bar offers a unique haven in which you can enjoy a laid-back brunch with family and friends, afternoon tea with the in-laws, or an indulgent dinner with the girls. Originally an old Kopi stall, we have transformed this East Coast enclave into a stylish yet comfortable open-front eatery that is perfect for lunch, brunch, coffee, cake, dinner, drinks or just plain chilling out.Our menu boasts a wide choice of (mostly) healthy European dishes that are guaranteed to tantalise even the pickiest of palates. From homemade soups and salads to gourmet sandwiches, pizzas, pasta and main courses; our menu offers something for everyone and is perfectly complemented by a carefully selected range of smoothies, juices and artisanal coffees, as well as affordable wines, beers and spirits.Poppies opens at 11am on weekdays and 10am at the weekends, serving lunch, dinner and an all-day menu until close. We also serve brunch at weekends and on public holidays. So whether you choose to visit in the morning, afternoon or evening, we guarantee you’ll be planning your next visit long before you leave.
“Yummy comfort food!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Loved Poppies for it's comfort menu. I had one of the best burgers I've had in Singapore there, the first time I went (for dinner). That was followed on my second visit (for lunch) by a yummy Caesar salad and the Chicken Kiev. I really liked the latter because it was crispy on the outside, but tender and moist and - importantly - the butter had melted to make a jus, and wasn't a hard lump of butter in the middle of the chicken breast. My friend who accompanied me for dinner had the steak and raved about it.
i have to say too, that they get the chips right. They come in straw size or hand cut wedges to match the dish they ordered.
I highly recommend Poppies if you'd like a straight forward menu and want to get exactly what you'd expect in a decent serving size. Go to Poppie's!!

• Visited December 2013