“High Tea”

8:00 PM
Ranked #258 of 15,505 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Area/City Area
Description: The Landing Point at The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore is the gourmet’s home away from home. Stretching along an elegant indoor promenade paved with bespoke marble mosaics and gold hues, it is the perfect venue to see and be seen. A majestic 13-metre long bar serves mouthwatering comfort food, organic salads, delicious sandwiches and an array of local Asian favourites. Or else, sit back as we serve afternoon tea alongside artisanal cocktails prepared by our resident mixologist while taking in the panoramic sweep of Marina Bay’s waterfront.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our first time in Singapore so I decided to take my wife to experience high tea at a five star hotel. To our disappointment we really had zero service . We arrived one hour before service so we made a reservation at that time. We arrived five minutes before 3 and was told that other guests made reservations earlier and we were not able to be seated in the lounge but rather across from the lounge by the corridor. We understood and said it was fine . However after 15 minutes no one approached us to place our settings so I had to walk over and ask did you forget about us? She responded no and ten minutes later the settings arrived, in that time frame we were trying to flag hotel staff down but we seemed to be invisible. The settings arrived and we promptly placed our order. Again after 10 minutes plus of waiting the tier arrived. We sat there again for ten minutes and I had to walk over and ask is this supposed to be high TEA because our tea hasn’t arrived , she responded it’s on it’s way. Another five minutes of waiting she drops the tea off and hastily but I had to grab her and ask don’t you have cups? It’s seems like quite a nightmare and we should’ve just walked but my wife says we’ve waited so long and see how all of this plays out. The teas were really good but the food was half edible because it seems the food was made in the morning or days before because the greens were limp and the bread was hard . I simply feel for a 5 star establishment they should be really ashamed of themselves for not providing service that the hotel is known for. I’m terribly upset that we were treated very very badly and I definitely would not to have any of my friends and family to ever visit or stay at The Fullerton Bay hotel , it may be sour grapes but everything that I’ve posted did happen and we didn’t antagonize the situation,

Date of visit: September 2019
GiovanniViterale, General Manager at The Landing Point, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Aaahso,

We thank you for the preference in choosing The Landing Point, and for sharing your valuable feedback!

It is disappointing to know that your dining experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies and rest assured that your valuable comments were personally brought up to the respective team, in order to make the necessary changes, including conducting additional training.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your wife back.

Cavaliere Giovanni Viterale

Write a reviewReviews (324)

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Recently booked the Landing Point for 18th birthday about 2 weeks ago! I really loved the ambience as well as the view, especially in the evening and thus chose this venue to hold the party! Based on the comments from our guests, the food was really delicious (but we had a buffet menu catered to the event, which may not be provided in their usual menu) The staff are also very friendly, as we spoke to Maria a couple of times there, and based on observation they also catered to our guests needs and took care of them well! I would definitely choose to dine here again for the environment and service!

Regarding the birthday cake, it was very delicious! Was a little shocked at how large it was because I did not instruct any specific dimensions but it was a pleasant surprise :) The desserts were also amazing, think the guests would have finished them if they had any room left in their stomachs. And the chefs had altered the menu and colours of their usual desserts to match with our theme, which I appreciated a lot as well!

The pianist also played for us which we are also very thankful for and it really enhanced the restaurant's ambience with the night view of the city skyline.

Also, I would like to recommend Nicholas Leong, who is one of the banquet managers at the hotel! We actually had no idea he would be helping out by overlooking the event, but we are extremely thankful that he did. He was extremely helpful throughout the entire process, as he was very efficient in ensuring that everything was going smoothly and had a lot of experience. I am very grateful for how the party went, as he also took special care of our guests and helped me out with any queries or concerns that I had. I was able to fully enjoy the party and so did our guests, because of his great service. We are very thankful for his cheerful and helpful attitude which took the stress off our shoulders in managing the event. Please look for him if you ever feel like hosting an event here! :)

Date of visit: August 2019
GiovanniViterale, General Manager at The Landing Point, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2019

Dear clarissajew,

Happy Belated Birthday!

My team and I are delighted to receive your kind review and we thank you for the preference in celebrating such a special occasion at The Landing Point.

Please rest assured that your kind words were gladly conveyed to Maria, Chefs & Nicholas.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed August 26, 2019

Was initially impressed with the service when I called to check on my reservation and was informed that a complimentary birthday cake will be served to my accompany guest before the end of the session.

We were given the wrong menu on the day itself for a start. When we enquired with a male service staff, he informed that the menu we saw on the website was outdated. Another service staff, Emma, was really helpful and informed that the menu we were given was gluten free and not the regular menu.

Otherwise, our requests for certain refills and tea only arrived after multiple prompting. The complimentary slice of cake arrived after 5pm and after multiple prompting as well which defeated the whole purpose of the surprise.

Disappointed with the service experience overall despite the splendid view.

Date of visit: August 2019
GiovanniViterale, General Manager at The Landing Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2019

Dear theskywayavenue,

We appreciate your valuable feedback, which helps us to focus on what is important to our guests. It is disappointing and concerning to know about your experiences.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused and rest assured that additional training has been conducted to the respective teams.

We look forward to the opportunity of being at your service in the near future!

Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

We came here for afternoon tea, which was lovely. However the service was a bit hit and miss and clearly the hotel has absolutely no idea how much jam and clotted cream is needed for 4 scones!! Plus you don’t serve tea in a coffee pot! The food was delicious but not as good as afternoon tea at it’s sister hotel.

Date of visit: March 2019
GiovanniViterale, General Manager at The Landing Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

Dear jbb24,

My team and I thank you for the preference and for sharing your valuable feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced, and rest assured that your comments were brought up to the team, in order to conduct additional training.

We look forward to the opportunity of being at your service!

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2019

Came with a friend for a dinner. had to wait for the waiter for 20 minutes to bring menu, another 20 to order and only after we had to go in and call somebody. And for the final accord huge 7 cm cockroach came on our table. The staff haven’t reacted and no apologies were offered. Nice view, but definitely not worth it!

Date of visit: August 2019
GiovanniViterale, General Manager at The Landing Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2019

Dear HomkaDubai,

Thank you for the preference and for taking the time reviewing your visit. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to focus on what is important to our guests.

It is disappointing to read about your experiences. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused and rest assured that your comments were brought up to the teams concerned, in order to make the necessary changes, including conducting additional training.

I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly through fbh.info@fullertonhotels.com for any future booking assistance, in order to give us the opportunity to personally organize it.

We are looking forward to the opportunity of being at your service in the near future!

Kind regards,