“Well Prepared dishes and rich ingredients”
Review of Sun's Cafe

Sun's Cafe
Ranked #1,955 of 14,675 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Neighborhood: Central Area/City Area
Description: Experience a wide array of Western, Asian and Singapore local delights available in our Sun's Cafe. Set in an elegant ambience encompassing natural light coupled with sumptuous dishes prepared by our chef we promise a gastronomical experience that will entice your tastebuds for more. This well established Singapore Cafe is known to whip up mouth watering dishes as part of their buffet offerings during lunch and dinners on the weekend. Come Savour the taste of International and Local Cuisine at the Sun Cafe located at Hotel Grand Pacific Singapore
Reviewed April 9, 2019

I attended a course at a room at the second floor of Grand Pacific Hotel and we had our sumptuous buffet lunch at the Sun's Café which is located at one corner of the lobby area. The cost of the lunch is included in the course fee.

This was my first time coming to this hotel. It is quite convenient to find the hotel as it is only about 500 m walk from Bugis MRT station.

The café looks spacious with the food occupying the central area while the dining furniture are well spread away from the food area and the ambience conducive for closed interaction.

The first thing that captured my attention was the fried kembong fish. This was my favorite fish and it was quite sometime I had not tasted it. Initially, I thought this must be some Teochew cuisine but the curry fish head, the ice-kacang, the rojak and the curry chicken led me to link it to Peranakan menu. Indeed it was and I found the cooking very unique. The pig stomach soup was filled with ginko nuts and the red bean paste was enriched with sago and orange peel. The food was not the generic type of food. The red bean paste was very concentrated. Likewise the barley water was concentrated stuff not the dilute drink.

The waiters were prompt to top up the curry fish head and the curry chicken despite the curry dishes being consumed relatively fast. I like the roasted duck meat fresh and fragrant. The chicken porridge also matched my taste and was not dilute. I was delighted when I had to make own rojak and my own ice-kachang. It was fun. It was unfortunate that I could not taste the ice-cream, the salad and the fruits as my stomach really could not accommodate further.

Overall, the food was good and well-prepared and contained rich ingredients. The chef is generous and the staff are helpful and prompt in service. The hotel ambience is conducive.

I am strongly supportive of the idea of incorporating such good buffet lunch into the course . It helps to keep us motivated and focused in class.

Date of visit: April 2019
4  Thank ah tee s

Reviewed February 16, 2019

My family normally go for International Buffets (loves Salmon Sashimi). For a change, we reserved a table (for 5) and celebrated my daughter's Birthday at Sun's Cafe with Ms. Nancy. Only $49.90 net for 2 pax (1 for 1) with Fave vouchers. Met on arrival at Hotel Grand Pacific (previous knowned as Allison Hotel) by smiling/friendly/helpful Ms. Nancy and Ms. Chatty. No problem redeeming the vouchers and was given a round table; Cafe packed, being a Sunday.

My family enjoyed the spread of cooked food, desserts/ fruits: Served: Mee Siam, Laksa (small portion/good/better if got Cockles / Prawns). Food: Babi Ponteh (excellent) , Delicious Spring Rolls, Big Chilli Prawns (great), Assam Fish (nice). Pig Stomach Soup (excellent/my favourite/took 1 small bowl !) , Beef Rendang (good) , Fried Kambong Fish (nicer if more crispy), Curry Chicken, Curry Vegetables, Cuttle Fish Porridge, Fried Mee, Bao Buns (Dim Sum Dumpling). Desserts: Nonya Kuehs (very good/delicious), Bubur Terigu (great), DIY: Kueh Pie Tee, Ice Kachang. Rojak. Fruits: Grapes, Orange, Papaya, Water Melon. Ice creams (4 flavours). Drinks: Cold Pandan Leaves Water (love it), DIY tea, coffee from coffee maker.

Spring Rolls, Beef Rendang, Chili Prawns/Fish, popular. Pig Stomach Soup finished fast ! Chef replace with new pot of Pig Stomach Soup. Enjoyed the food / cosy / friendly atmosphere . Very attentive, helpful, friendly and prompt in service. Plates were cleared often / fast.

We had an enjoyable lunch. Compliments / thanks to Manager, Chef, Ms. Chatty / Ms. Nancy and staff for the great food and excellent services. Value for money with Fave (1 for 1) voucher. Better if got Satays, Squids etc. Our cheapest Birthday Buffet Lunch so far !

Date of visit: January 2019
9  Thank TayTB
Reviewed December 27, 2018

Just a so so buffet lunch. Have nasi lemak, kembong fish, wings, etc. Food tasted pretty normal, and was good. The great part about the whole buffet was the dessert. Not all cake are nice, but those which are nice are well made. There're also rojak station, where u can make your own rojak, love it. Worth the experience to try it once in a while.

Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

I had a Peranakan Lunch Buffet with a friend. Paid $44 for 2 persons using 1 for 1 credit card promotion. Food was great, had adequate spread and staff were very attentive to the customers needs. Firt restaurant I had seen with exemplary facilities for the handicapped.

Reviewed December 12, 2018

Wen this after noon, There continue to have a variety of peranakan food.
What is good is the laksa, nasi lemak, prawns, dessert of kaya rice.

But standard has dropped tramatically. A few of these to be improved.
Pig stomach soup - It is so yaki to scoop up chicken heads not but many. Soup vy peppery. Should rename chicken heads with pig stomach.
Curry fish - fish not fresh,
Red bean soup - Chef forget to add sugar.

1  Thank 180lynn123