“I didn't expect it”

Si Chuan Dou Hua Restaurant
Reserve with Chope
Si Chuan Dou Hua Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #597 of 12,621 Restaurants in Singapore
Neighborhood: Little India
Neighborhood: Little India
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Dined at Si Chuan Dou Hua and they were always known for their fried spicy dried chili chicken that resembles popcorn chicken. This time I decided to try something off the beaten track, fried rice which to my surprise was really delicious. The rice was flavourful and each grain of rice could be felt as it dances in one's palette when chewing. Certainly a good pairing to the already wonderful side dishes.

Date of visit: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Me and friends went for dinner. Food was great and the service was amazing! Will definitely come back :)

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Wide variety of dishes! Dessert beancurd with wolf berry was the best!

Staff Wing, May, Yenny were attentive and served us well. Yenny took the initiative to let us know of the card promos which allowed us to save 30% on the total bill. Will visit again! Highly recommended.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 5, 2018

I was at Si Chuan Dou Hua @ Kitchener on August 2 for my dad's birthday dinner. Firstly, when my family and I arrived at the restaurant, we were warmly welcomed and greeted by their service staffs. One I can remember as Wing. Throughout our dinner, Wing, May and Sin Yan also displayed excellent five star service.

As for the food, it was definitely beyond my expectation. All dishes are well thought and prepared. To mention some, the suckling pig was perfectly roasted and flavorful, the steam fish and prawns were so fresh and well cooked.

It was an amazing dining experience for my family and I and we will sure be back for more.

Thank you Si Chuan Dou Hua @ Kitchener for this amazing gastronomical experience. I would probably not buy a Michelin guide book from now on.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018

This lovely little restaurant is a hidden gem inside the Parkroyal on the 3rd floor. It’s beautifully appointed with a variety of comfortable seating options. We rocked up, hot and sweaty in casual clothes and felt a little intimidated by the fabulously costumed staff and the crisp white tablecloths, but were immediately welcomed and escorted to a table.
We had a little trouble ordering from the menu as some items are available only for lunch (please design and divide the menu).
You must order tea and prepare your camera as the act of pouring is extremely elegant.
Love, love, love the food - beware though, the one chili symbol means chili hot, hot, hot. All of the staff were attentive and helpful but The lovely Wing was exceptional. She took the time to not only describe some of the dishes but to give us information about the local hot spots for shopping and getting a bargain (most appreciated - that’s what we were in Singapore for - though now... it’s all about the food)
I enjoyed this restaurant so much I plan to bring my husband to Singapore just to eat their chili prawns - omg!

Date of visit: July 2018