Like previous reviews, I agree the size is one of the smallest I've experienced in Singapore. But how much space do you really need? I travel light with a small luggage so I didn't have any issues. I think this place is ideal for solo / business travelers or couples seeking something cozy.
I chose this hotel because it was still new & fresh, the deco was modern & pleasing, and the location is perfect for getting around the city. As someone who has slept in low budget hostels to Marina Bay Sands, I think the price is about right for what you get. Let's face it, Singapore is not the cheapest location to travel.
Don't worry about the ongoing constructions nearby because they adhere to regular working hours, so unless you're a night owl that sleeps in the day, there will be no issues. The pillows were just right, although I thought the mattress / bed frame was a little high and it takes a bit of effort to get on/off the bed.
Some things I didn't like:
1. How the toilet bowl is facing the basin and is literally next to it. I know space is an issue the designers had to work with, but I found it slightly off putting. By right it should be adjacent to, rather than facing each other.
2. The wardrobe / closet is tiny. Even then, the design of the hanging rack is not ergonomic. Maybe they were trying to be artistic (refer picture), but it's actually not user friendly especially when you're reaching for something at the back. Honestly, I would have been fine with a conventional horizontal bar where you can just place all the hangers and grab whatever you needed.
3. Complimentary breakfast is served buffet style, but don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. The selection is very limited, and if you're a picky eater, you might wanna give it a miss and eat out. Tables were also very limited.
Things I enjoyed:
1. Shower has decent water pressure and temperature control. No fluctuations.
2. Rooftop area is nice for a breather and the surrounding views. The "pool" isn't really designed for swimming, more like dipping.
3. Staff were very friendly and smiled whenever you walked through the front door.
4. Towels and toiletries were of decent quality.
Overall I found the stay pleasant, and compared to the stay I had at similar price category Naumi Liora hotel @ Chinatown in 2013, Clover hotel wins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Clover 5 Hongkong Street is a business style boutique hotel that is simple but luxurious with modern contemporary style of arts and culture. The 6 story hotel built in 2013 offers 55 rooms: 24 Superior, 12 Deluxe, 14 Executive, 5 Premier Executive. All rooms showcase contemporary interiors, enhanced with touches of natural wood and rich cultural accents. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Clover 5 HongKong Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Clover 5 HongKong Street Singapore