“Just perfect”

Hotel Clover 5 HongKong Street
Ranked #144 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Honestly, the best hotel I have ever stayed! Never mind it's not 5 star hotel. Location is perfect, we walked to marina Bay Area, and used MRT only when we went to ochard road. Rooms are not big, but I can not say they are tiny. For my husband and me and lots of my luggage it was enough space! I just put my clothes and other staff everywhere and put my suit case under the bed. Hotel is new and very clean, that is good advantage, towels were changed every day. Breakfast is good, but not so much choice: toasts, jams, eggs, sausage, ham, cheese, cornflakes, salad and different drinks. If you are hungry you will find nice food. Staff is friendly and very kind. I was touched by their small gift, plate of fruits and letter with congratulations! The swimming pool is tiny, area full of green plants, I spent time alone at the pool, enjoying my day! Also very important: you can buy all the tours and tickets at reception, prices are cheaper, great economy if you purchase everything from hotel. The station is very close, only few min walk, if you go by taxi first time and driver doesn't know the place, you can look for maybank building, it is the same street. I strongly recommend this place, but not for big families, better for couples or single tourist.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Liudmila K
Sherrine T, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Clover 5 HongKong Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Liudmila

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Clover!

Thank you for choosing Hotel Clover as your preferred boutique hotel choice.

We are very happy that you had enjoyed your stay with us. It is always so delightful to hear wonderful compliments from our guests and that they had enjoyed every minute and every aspect of the hotel.

We will share this wonderful feedback with our management and staff. At Hotel Clover 5 Hongkong Street, we take pride in providing world class service to all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your fabulous words and highly recommending us. We look forward to be of service to you again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely
Hotel Clover 5 Hongkong Street.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Very small rooms, nice clean, limited space inside
ideal for two people
great location
staff are friendly
breakfast was nice but very limited for vegetarians

check your room v=before because in my room the A/C wasn't working and we had to shift rooms in the middle of the night

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Sherrine T, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Clover 5 HongKong Street, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

We would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Clover as your preferred boutique hotel.

We apologized that the air-conditioning in your room was faulty and you had to switch to another room in the middle of the night. The air-conditioning issue had been rectified.

We are in the midst of adding vegetarian items into the breakfast menu in order for our vegetarians guests to have more choices.

We hope that you will stay with us in the near future and look forward to be of service to you again.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We loved this hotel. The staff was always friendly and helpful, especially Nicole. The location was excellent and close to the MRT, bus routes and Clarke Quay. Although the room was small, it was clean. Complimentary bottled water and sodas were provided. The wifi worked like a dream and was fast. The bathroom was spacious and the shower was lovely. The breakfast was made to your request but standard items were also provided. The safe in the room is large and works well. The glass partition between the room and bathroom - it is not transparent, but still very revealing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sherrine T, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Clover 5 HongKong Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

We thank you for choosing Hotel Clover as your preferred boutique hotel.

We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We will share your wonderful compliments with our hotel staff, especially Nicole.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to be of service to you again.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was very impressed with the staff at this hotel. We booked our hotel room on-line through a 2nd party website. That website suggested the hotel would be ok for families. When my wife and I arrived at the hotel with our 4 young kids, the hotel staff didn't bat an eye. They kindly upgraded our room free of charge, and did their best to make our stay enjoyable. The furnishings are very nice and chic, but the rooms are small. This hotel is set up for business or solo travelers and couples. The roof top pool and deck was cozy and enjoyable (we used it almost every night). The breakfast was cooked to order every morning which was nice. Overall we had a great time. I would definitely stay here again without kids. Kudos to the staff for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank trowre
Sherrine T, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Clover 5 HongKong Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing Hotel Clover as your preferred boutique hotel choice.

We are so happy that you and your family had enjoyed your stay with us. We will be sharing your feedback with our front office staff to encourage them to go the extra miles for all our guests.

Once again, thank you for enjoying your stay with us. We look forward to be of service to you and your family again.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I'm trying to be fair on a relative price basis, but I still think Clover falls short. The rooms and bath are tiny. I happen to like to sleep under a second sheet (ie between the comforter). First night I asked for this--and they handed me the sheet to put on myself. I thought, housekeeping is gone, budget place, OK. Second night I come back and housekeeping removed the sheet. I complained and they handed me a sheet and told me to write a note next time. seriously? So I wrote a note to leave the second sheet on the bed. So the third night, the bed was made and a neatly folded second sheet was laying on top of the comforter. I complained and the desk guy apologized but housekeeping was gone. Seriously?? They also had run out of eggs for breakfast that morning. Seriously???

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Payed £108 for a one night stay before flying onward.
The lady that works the morning reception shift checked us in and we found her extremely patronising. She made a mistake with our key card but instead of appologising she became rather arrogant, laughed and made out we were somehow incompetent.
The 'Deluxe' room was tiny. We could barely fit our two bags between the bed and bathroom. The room was clean and modern but basic and such a tight sqeeze for a couple.
We were woken at 8am by a load hammer banging the floor above us, we didn't recieve an explanation or apology even after approaching the staff.
The lift outside the room is loud and the sound echo's round the room throughout the night.
Didn't enjoy staying here at all, to many problems.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank onetimeadvisor
Sherrine T, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Clover 5 HongKong Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Clover!

We apologised that you and your partner had such unpleasant stay in Hotel Clover 5 Hongkong Street.

With regards to our front office staff being rude to you and your partner, please once again accept our apologises. Hotel Clover takes pride in providing world class service and we assure you that such incident will not happen again.

Due to space constrain, the space under the bed are meant for storing luggage. We will emphasize to our front office staff to inform the guests upon check in that they may store their luggage under the bed.

Please do allow us to investigate the loud hammer banging incident and we will revert back to you.

Once again, we apologised for causing you and your partner such inconveniences during your stay with us.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

If you're looking for a value for money accommodation that's accessible from the Clarke Quay MRT, this is the hotel for you. A mere stone's throw away from the Central Mall, this new hotel along HongKong street is the best accommodation in the area. It has a boutique hotel vibe with lots of choices for dining and shopping near the area. You're a few stations away from Marina Bay and Orchard, so you're really not far from key locations in Singapore. Because its brand new, the rooms are clean, bright, and with complete amenities you would expect from a 4 star hotel. They even have a nespresso machine in the room and free wifi. Perfect for a business traveler or a couple that wants to tour Singapore. Highly recommend this hotel near Clarke Quay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank RyanPangilinan
Sherrine T, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Clover 5 HongKong Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Mr Ryan

Warmest Greetings from Hotel Clover!

We would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Clover 5 Hongkong Street as your boutique hotel choice. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the amenities that we had in the guest's room.

We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.